Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What is the "Plastic Bag" used for in Thermal Expansion mod? It's in Direwolf modpack. Is it just a useless decoration?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not finding any Nether Quartz in the DW20 1.7.10 pack. Has its generation been altered from vanilla?

I believe I read a post yesterday stating that this problem was traced to not using Biomes O'Plenty? Did you select BOP when you created your world, or did you use another method?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I believe I read a post yesterday stating that this problem was traced to not using Biomes O'Plenty? Did you select BOP when you created your world, or did you use another method?
Yeah, I used default world type. I didn't want to spend half an hour messing with BoP configs to set the biomes I wanted.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say that's a massive flaw with the pack... I hate BoP, especially in the nether. And if I need to have the eyesore in order to get quartz, I think I'll just say no :p

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, I used default world type. I didn't want to spend half an hour messing with BoP configs to set the biomes I wanted.

Just FYI, I generate default world types and find lots of Nether quartz, so that shouldn't be a real factor.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Just FYI, I generate default world types and find lots of Nether quartz, so that shouldn't be a real factor.
With BoP disabled or no?

Just as a test, I ran an Ender quarry on a 42x42 segment of the nether.
I got 93K Netherrack, 20 Ardite, 19 Cobalt, and some gravel/soul sand/ natura stuff. No nether quartz.

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is probably a dumb question... But where are the config files? I'm looking and looking for the extra utilities config to change elevators to NOT use exp for DW20 1.7 pack, and can't find it! It was easy to locate for the 1.6 pack but things seem to have changed a bit. How do I find the config file to change it? I hate elevators using exp!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is probably a dumb question... But where are the config files? I'm looking and looking for the extra utilities config to change elevators to NOT use exp for DW20 1.7 pack, and can't find it! It was easy to locate for the 1.6 pack but things seem to have changed a bit. How do I find the config file to change it? I hate elevators using exp!
If you know where your FTB folder downloads stuff to, the go there, locate the direwolf201.7 folder, then it is in the configs folder.
If not, then open the resource pack folder in game, I assume you know how to do this, and then go up one folder, and then you will see the config folder.

Sorry if this is a bad explanation, I am not great with directions (especially with files/folders)

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
It should be in the same place.
upload_2014-11-14_15-0-52.png

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Just as an FYI you're thinking open blocks not ExU

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know for certain why the Radio block was removed from OpenBlocks in 1.7.10, and whether or not it's coming back?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
With BoP disabled or no?

Just as a test, I ran an Ender quarry on a 42x42 segment of the nether.
I got 93K Netherrack, 20 Ardite, 19 Cobalt, and some gravel/soul sand/ natura stuff. No nether quartz.

No, BoP is still in the pack, I just never tell my world to generate anything but the "Default" setting.

kittehboss

Jul 29, 2019
we have been play on a server for a few weeks now on the current TPPI pack and have found no meteors for Ars Magica 2. is there any reason for this or are we just not finding them?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
we have been play on a server for a few weeks now on the current TPPI pack and have found no meteors for Ars Magica 2. is there any reason for this or are we just not finding them?
# You must reach this magic level before Moonstone meteors will fall near you.
I:Meteor_Spawn_Min_Level=10
?

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Im just coming back to Minecraft since 1.4.7 and Im using Direwolfs new 1.7.10 pack atm. What light sources are there that are stronger than regular torches or glowstone? I have a large base I'm building and having a hard time lighting it without torches stuck everywhere. I'm still fairly early game so not sure about anything that takes power to keep on but maybe..
Thanks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Im just coming back to Minecraft since 1.4.7 and Im using Direwolfs new 1.7.10 pack atm. What light sources are there that are stronger than regular torches or glowstone? I have a large base I'm building and having a hard time lighting it without torches stuck everywhere. I'm still fairly early game so not sure about anything that takes power to keep on but maybe..
Thanks
There are no light sources stronger than Glowstone. It is still the brightest of them all. And due to the way MC light works it would not really be useful(if possible) to make anything with a higher brightness as it would just be super bright in a point and then fade out covering a few more blocks.

But there are several other solutions now that tackle the problem in another way, namely spawn lots of invisible normal brightness lightsources. First(I think) was the Factorization "Wrath Lamp". Not sure if that is in the new DW pack, but it still works just like it did back in 1.4.7. Several other mods have more or less copied this functionality such as Thaumcraft with the "Arcane Lamp".

Bear in mind however that these solutions that spawn invisible lightsouces will cause "air blocks" to no longer be empty and certain stuff will act weird or not function properly near them then. Like certain crops/saplings might have algorithms testing if blocks around them are empty for them to have space to grow. If the air is filled with lights they might not grow.

There is also a plethora of regular kinds of light blocks that you can incorporate into your build like Glowstone blocks.

Reactions: Jeff Fisher