Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
I'd check out Ausyarr. Also, feel free to ask for help with anything on these forums! Reika is very active here. I know quite a bit about it as well(gonna be documenting it on the wiki as soon as its speed issues are fixed.)

Thanks for the reply! Indeed, his videos were very informative. I was primarily looking for somebody doing a full Let's Play series, using Rotarycraft in their base to show the practical applications of them and not just making how-to-guides for each machine, but nonetheless, I learned a lot of useful stuff. Thanks a bunch!

And also, since you encouraged me to ask questions... I'm having a little problem with Canola seeds. They refuse to be planted on certain blocks in my farm. Harvesting the plants already planted seems to change the pattern of "impossible" blocks, but nearly half my farm area is still unplantable at most times. Is this a bug or an intended feature? I'm playing on a 1.7 modpack, by the way.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well that sounds terrifying.
The truly terrifying part is when the world have almost entirely turned into Instability blocks(the red, blue, green spreading blocks) and starts falling apart like gravel... Omg where did I put that Linking Book! :p

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
The truly terrifying part is when the world have almost entirely turned into Instability blocks(the red, blue, green spreading blocks) and starts falling apart like gravel... Omg where did I put that Linking Book! :p
When you realize that its back in the overworld because you accidently put it in a chest when you cleared your inventory lol

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
When you realize that its back in the overworld because you accidently put it in a chest when you cleared your inventory lol
I now always carry a Linking Book in my tool Ender Pouch just in case. :p

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
I now always carry a Linking Book in my tool Ender Pouch just in case. :p
Same but some people might not and I did make that mistake once in single player. Luckily the world end up stable and I got the thing that lets you go back to overworld (forgot the name always do) withing 100 blocks of spawn. I made it out and never left home without 2 linking books one on me and one always in ender pouch just in case worse case scenrio. And some way of accessing my ae network remotely that had a few in there as well.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Same but some people might not and I did make that mistake once in single player. Luckily the world end up stable and I got the thing that lets you go back to overworld (forgot the name always do) withing 100 blocks of spawn. I made it out and never left home without 2 linking books one on me and one always in ender pouch just in case worse case scenrio. And some way of accessing my ae network remotely that had a few in there as well.
star fissure fyi

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
There's also black and white decay. Last I checked, the red, blue, and green ones would only spread through solid blocks (i.e. everything save air) and do NOT fall, white spreads through air as well AND damages you when you walk on it, and black is like the colored ones, except it periodically eats the block below it, then falls like gravel and drags all the blocks above it down to fill the space it just created and any open space below, so you eventually end up with lots of giant holes into the Void, which continue to grow until there's nothing left save maybe some floating islands, tendrils, spheres, roofs from decayed buildings, and tree branches.

Back in the days of MC 1.2.5 (FTB Retro!), black decay was the only type of decay that existed. If you made an age with too many Dense Ores symbols (which people did pretty often, because Equivalent Exchange 2 and ALL THAT EMC), you would start to see craters appearing on the surface all over the age within minutes, and if you stayed in one place, there would be nothing left in a matter of hours.

However, black decay is much more rare now that the other colors of decay, potion effects, meteors, random explosions, the "sun scorned" thing, enemy regen, and who knows what else have been added.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply! Indeed, his videos were very informative. I was primarily looking for somebody doing a full Let's Play series, using Rotarycraft in their base to show the practical applications of them and not just making how-to-guides for each machine, but nonetheless, I learned a lot of useful stuff. Thanks a bunch!

And also, since you encouraged me to ask questions... I'm having a little problem with Canola seeds. They refuse to be planted on certain blocks in my farm. Harvesting the plants already planted seems to change the pattern of "impossible" blocks, but nearly half my farm area is still unplantable at most times. Is this a bug or an intended feature? I'm playing on a 1.7 modpack, by the way.
Disable Railcraft's hidden block in it's config.

Reactions: Codraroll

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Disable Railcraft's hidden block in it's config.

Railcraft? How is that interfering in any way? Thanks for answering, I think I understand how to solve the problem, but I'd really like to see why it exists. Could you - or anybody else - link to a deeper explanation?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft? How is that interfering in any way? Thanks for answering, I think I understand how to solve the problem, but I'd really like to see why it exists. Could you - or anybody else - link to a deeper explanation?
Railcraft adds a "hidden block" used for the tracksmans goggles. With the goggles you can track where other players have walked. Unfortunately, it acts like a real block sometimes.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019

also make sure that your farm is lit up enough, crops will refuse to be planted if it's too dark

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
star fissure fyi
1.7.10 Mystcraft has been interesting. I spawned into a new world, and actually fell through a star fissure to appear back at spawn. Don't know what happened to the age's stone spawn platform. But my worst age was a 1.6.4 age with meteors, that took out the spawn platform with the linking book, and killed me. So no extra book, and would have had to figure out a way back to DIM0. Ya, just nbt edited myself in a DIM0 book. Should have just /tpx 0 (think that's teleport to overworld).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
I often wondered something. If you download a modpack from the launcher, plays it and alters the config of one of the mods. If the pack is then later updated and a change to that same config is made, as far as I understand it the update will completely overwrite the players change as a new config file is distributed?

Wouldn't it be possible for the launcher to use something along the lines of a Revision/version control program which only overwrites if there has been no changes, and if there has been changes it merges? Or possible somehow distribute the lines changed only?(not actually sure if this is already being done, but could have sworn I have had to redo all my changes earlier after updates).