Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know how the ender quarry pump upgrade works? i placed it touching the quarry with a liquid node attached to drums but no liquid is getting pumped out

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
anyone know how the ender quarry pump upgrade works? i placed it touching the quarry with a liquid node attached to drums but no liquid is getting pumped out
Are you not confusing it with the Quarry+ PumpPlus thing? Or is it something brand new with the Ender Quarry?

EDIT: nvm, just googled it and apparently it is a 1.7 addition. Apparently you just place a tank or any other liquid storage on top of the quarry/upgrade(not sure).

Last edited:

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Are you not confusing it with the Quarry+ PumpPlus thing? Or is it something brand new with the Ender Quarry?

EDIT: nvm, just googled it and apparently it is a 1.7 addition. Apparently you just place a tank or any other liquid storage on top of the quarry.
1.7.10 added upgrades to the ender quarry. I haven't messed with them myself, but it might have to "mine" the source block.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019

EDIT: nvm, just googled it and apparently it is a 1.7 addition. Apparently you just place a tank or any other liquid storage on top of the quarry/upgrade(not sure).
thanks that worked had to change my setup a little to to work with 3 upgrades and to input power and output liquid/items

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
we have been play on a server for a few weeks now on the current TPPI pack and have found no meteors for Ars Magica 2. is there any reason for this or are we just not finding them?

The Dev for Ars Magica 2 has decided to stop modding for at least a little while and has not named a successor. Nobody wants to put an unsupported mod into an "official" pack.

You are free to do so yourself if it's that important to your group.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
In the Direwolf 1.7.10 pack what are some methods to prevent loosing items on death or even preventing death? I haven't played since 1.4.7 but I remember charms of keeping were around then. I have just made a full set of modified tinkers tools and I would really like to keep them around since I put so much into them.
Thanks
And thank rhn for answering my previous question.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
In the Direwolf 1.7.10 pack what are some methods to prevent loosing items on death or even preventing death? I haven't played since 1.4.7 but I remember charms of keeping were around then. I have just made a full set of modified tinkers tools and I would really like to keep them around since I put so much into them.
Thanks

I'm not sure which mod provides the functionality, but by default when you die you leave a gravestone now. After you respawn you can go break the gravestone and get all your stuff back.

Unless you were killed in Lava, of course... I think if you fell into the void you could possibly build a stairway down to the stone but I've never had to try. :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure which mod provides the functionality, but by default when you die you leave a gravestone now. After you respawn you can go break the gravestone and get all your stuff back.

Unless you were killed in Lava, of course... I think if you fell into the void you could possibly build a stairway down to the stone but I've never had to try. :D
That wouldn't work seeing as you die at a -y level ;)

You could always do "/gamerule keepInventory" though

Reactions: malicious_bloke

dazbuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what the "Holding" enchant does? I got it on a random book from using the Auto-Enchanter. No idea what it does, and no wiki seems to mention it.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what the "Holding" enchant does? I got it on a random book from using the Auto-Enchanter. No idea what it does, and no wiki seems to mention it.
It's a Dartcraft enchantment (I think) but I have no idea what it does...

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Open block will leave a gravestone where you died it will contain all your items if its turned on in the configs

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks
-Charms of keeping are still around, but you'd need at least a level 2 one to have a chance of keeping everything.

-You can use an ender pouch or a reincarnating golden bag of holding, but those require you to have the tools in those inventories.

-Gravestones are a definite possibility.

-There's also the Rite of Prior Incarnation from Witchery. It's disabled if there's gravestones available, but when carried out it summons a version of you from before you died, complete with all your stuff from before you died.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
pretty sure that the enchant that goes on TE4 sachets to increase there storage capacity

Jul 29, 2019
[Direwolf20 1.7] Is there a good way to spawn skeletons in the nether (so I get wither skeletons)? I tried using enderIO spawners, but those require a player nearby, I also would like to avoid mfr, because it requires mob essence.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
[Direwolf20 1.7] Is there a good way to spawn skeletons in the nether (so I get wither skeletons)? I tried using enderIO spawners, but those require a player nearby, I also would like to avoid mfr, because it requires mob essence.

move a skeleton spawner to the nether. chunk load with cursed earth under it. Spawns skeletons when not around but at a much slower rate. but always doing it. 1/? become wither skeletons. thats what i did in 1.7.10 worked well for me. use the dolly from jabba to move the spawner maybe the diamond one i dont remember i just always make the diamond one.

Jul 29, 2019
move a skeleton spawner to the nether. chunk load with cursed earth under it. Spawns skeletons when not around but at a much slower rate. but always doing it. 1/? become wither skeletons. thats what i did in 1.7.10 worked well for me. use the dolly from jabba to move the spawner maybe the diamond one i dont remember i just always make the diamond one.

that works, thanks ^^

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
its not the faster way of getting wither skeletons but it is simple to set up then leave it going and never really have to mess with it again glad i could help

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
That wouldn't work seeing as you die at a -y level ;)

You could always do "/gamerule keepInventory" though

I've seen people recover their things from the void but thinking back they didn't just fall to their deaths, they managed to kill themselves on the way down.