Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pascal van Ratingen

Jul 29, 2019
Tried looking for it, but what would be the best extra java perimeters for my system; Java 7 71, min ram 1gb max ram arround 6 gb? (i have setup somethinglike this right now) -XX:permSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

But its not rly helping FPS /stability improvements. I do have an i5 with decent video card, on max settings i get something like 40-58 fps , but i have been running with 70-90 fps for weeks, just in dw20 it seems to go down alot.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
That definitely isn't... too much crap there ;)
First of all, your PC specs would be helpful (some PCs, no matter what, will not be able to break 30fps)
second of all what pack you are playing (what may be able to get you 60fps in one pack may not get you 30 in another)
And finally what MC version (if it is not obvious with your pack) you are trying to run - MC 1.7 works best with 3-4gb of RAM, anything more and it gets worse.

But if you want to do a "I am lazy" approach (like I do):
Code:
-Xmx4G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
try that

Wagon154

Jul 29, 2019
Tried looking for it, but what would be the best extra java perimeters for my system; Java 7 71, min ram 1gb max ram arround 6 gb? (i have setup somethinglike this right now) -XX:permSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

But its not rly helping FPS /stability improvements. I do have an i5 with decent video card, on max settings i get something like 40-58 fps , but i have been running with 70-90 fps for weeks, just in dw20 it seems to go down alot.
What generation i5? And is this a laptop or desktop? Laptop CPUs are often underclocked and locked.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I got another crash for you guys. Happens when I place down a Forge Micro Block. This time was a Glowstone Nook. If there is a better place on the forums for crash logs, please tell me.

Attachments

• crash-2014-11-11_10.40.31-server.txt
    29.7 KB · Views: 56

Pascal van Ratingen

Jul 29, 2019
What generation i5? And is this a laptop or desktop? Laptop CPUs are often underclocked and locked.

I have no clue what generation, this pc is less then 4 months old, and its a desktop/

processor is Intel i5,3330 CPU @ 3330 Ghz 3330Gz
8 GB new rams 2500mhz? (not sure on the mhz, but its supposed to be fast lol.)
windows 8 64 bit.

Last edited:

Pascal van Ratingen

Jul 29, 2019
That definitely isn't... too much crap there ;)
First of all, your PC specs would be helpful (some PCs, no matter what, will not be able to break 30fps)
second of all what pack you are playing (what may be able to get you 60fps in one pack may not get you 30 in another)
And finally what MC version (if it is not obvious with your pack) you are trying to run - MC 1.7 works best with 3-4gb of RAM, anything more and it gets worse.

But if you want to do a "I am lazy" approach (like I do):
Code:
-Xmx4G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
try that
Pc specs are in aboves post but i went from TPPI to DW20 1.7 (altho i play also modsauce and i have a better fps there).

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Pc specs are in aboves post but i went from TPPI to DW20 1.7 (altho i play also modsauce and i have a better fps there).
OK... but did the java arguments I gave help, or no?

If not you could try that java args from BnB (which is highly CPU intensive:
Code:
-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation

Pascal van Ratingen

Jul 29, 2019
OK... but did the java arguments I gave help, or no?

If not you could try that java args from BnB (which is highly CPU intensive:
Code:
-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation

The -Xmx4G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m gave me like 40 fps. in Dw20 in modsauce it says invalid line. trying the other right now.

the -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation game me like 44 - 50 in modsauce, and 39-52 in DW20 1.7.

Last edited:

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Update ForgeMultipart to the latest version
k. Thanks. Also, anyone know if LovelyHolly is dead? Last commit was awhile ago on GitHub. LovelyHoly is the maker of Ex Astris for anyone who does not know. Ag Skies 2 is going to have some major holes in it, because Ex Astris was a "replacement" for Ex Aliquo. Ex Astris added stuff like the hammering for Thaumcraft Shards, being able to get Forestry, Extra Bee, and Magic Bee hives, and a bunch of other stuff. I deleted Forge Multi Part, and still crashed...

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
Question = I've been in a pack before where the WAILA thing told what mining level a block needed. So you'd look at a block, and under it it will say "mining level: tin" or something like that.
What mod does this? Or is it a setting in WAILA?
I've look all throughout WAILA and the different NEI stuff, and I can't find it. I'd love to have that again but have no idea what does it.
Thanks for the help!