Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
In RotaryCraft, I can't seem to get the Bedrock Breaker to work. Before making one in Survival, I figured I'd try to create one in Creative so I could try it out without wasting resources. I hooked up four well-lubed Hydrokinetic Engines to a 70-block waterfall, resulting in an output of 2,097 MW at 32 rad/s. At the end of this setup, I plonked the Bedrock Breaker, and made sure the hole on its back was aligned with the Hydro Engines. However, it doesn't break any Bedrock at all. When I click on it with the Angular Transducer, I get the message: "Insufficient Power! Bedrock Breaker requires 4194304 W. Power is being received from (...). Bedrock Breaker Receiving 2,097 MW @ 32 rad/s."

In other words, the game tells me that the machine receives 500 times the amount of power it requires, but it still isn't enough. What did I do wrong?
Reika made daisy chaining of hydro not be able to power a bedrock breaker!
Only 4 hydro can be daisy chained

He did this in order to not skip the tech tree, you will need to get a gas turbine and a diamond gearbox. FYI, a drum full of jetfuel (256 buckets) will give you 20-24 bedrock dust from scratch

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
He apparently does. One Hydro does about 0.5 MW the way you set it up.
Ah, comma errors, then. Yeah, I managed to get the thing running using eight Bedrock-reinforced turbines. Looks like my plan of using Hydrokinetic Engines to run the Breaker in Survival needs a little more tinkering, then.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I want to make a Big Turbine at some point but I need to make cyanite quicker. Direwolf is right about Big Reactors, you get way too much RF from one single ingot of yellorite. The way I play, I just dont require that much power. (I just want to turbine because it looks cool) If I double the fuel usage multiplier and half the energy production multiplier, it should burn through ingots a lot faster, right?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I want to make a Big Turbine at some point but I need to make cyanite quicker. Direwolf is right about Big Reactors, you get way too much RF from one single ingot of yellorite. The way I play, I just dont require that much power. (I just want to turbine because it looks cool) If I double the fuel usage multiplier and half the energy production multiplier, it should burn through ingots a lot faster, right?
About four times as fast, logically. Unless things are calculated logarithmically or whatnot, that is. But no, you should be fine like that; you'll just require four times the amount of ingots as before.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO's SAG mill has a small chance to make Cyanite from Yellorium ore.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
in 1.7.10? can't you craft it from yellowrium and sand?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb vanilla question: How far out does the End go? Can I go a few thousand blocks away from the spawn island without issue?

MrMiner104

Jul 29, 2019
Having Problem with server plz help
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Surprise! Haha. Well, this is awkward.

Time: 11/9/14 5:20 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unknown character ' ' in '/config/GregTech/GregTech.lang:1'
at net.minecraftforge.common.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:613)
at net.minecraftforge.common.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:89)
at gregtechmod.GT_Mod.preload(GT_Mod.java:315)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:505)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:351)
at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:64)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble getting MFFS custom shapes to work with the field stabilizer, because I'm trying to set up a wither factory (using DW20 1.6.4) and the field stabilizer seems to make the projector do nothing. I've downloaded DW20's world from his LP's and his same setup works perfectly. Is there something I'm missing? A video of my setup not working is below.

Wagon154

Jul 29, 2019
Having Problem with server plz help
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Surprise! Haha. Well, this is awkward.

Time: 11/9/14 5:20 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unknown character ' ' in '/config/GregTech/GregTech.lang:1'
at net.minecraftforge.common.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:613)
at net.minecraftforge.common.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:89)
at gregtechmod.GT_Mod.preload(GT_Mod.java:315)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:505)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:86)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:351)
at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:64)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
Delete Gregtech.lang in this directory:
/Minecraft/config/GregTech/

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
in 1.7.10? can't you craft it from yellowrium and sand?

I dont know, I didnt actually check to see if its got a recipe. But after changing the config to have a higher fuel burn rate, I have a couple stacks of cyanite. This mod definitely needs rebalanced, why even bother with coolants when a minimum sized reactor is so efficient? I increased the fuel burn rate from to 40 and even then it took about 10 seconds of around 250RF per tick before it would consume another yellorium ingot. I should do more testing in creative.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I might not personally decrease the production multiplier too much. Big Reactors are already taking up a rather large "physical footprint" compared to the power they produce. I would rather increase the fuel usage multiplier until I found RF/ingot balanced. This way you don't end up having to have massive reactors/turbines and can fit them into rooms with some cool decorations instead.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
By oldies I meant FTB "vets" that have been around ever since 1.4, or maybe modded MC "vets" who have been playing since 1.2, and earlier :p
Wow that makes me feel old I've been playing since 1.7 beta back when spc was the greatest mod IMO cause fly and noclip in creative was boss back when you edited the jar file and hoped that everything worked lol