Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a pair of Nether portals paired. The one in the Overworld is at an (X, Z) of (-8, -224) and the one in the nether is at (-1, -8). I've verified that they are both oriented parallel to the Z axis (the other base portal blocks are -8, -223 and 0, 8 respectively). However, when I enter one I'm not facing the same direction as I'm going in. What gives?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a pair of Nether portals paired. The one in the Overworld is at an (X, Z) of (-8, -224) and the one in the nether is at (-1, -8). I've verified that they are both oriented parallel to the Z axis (the other base portal blocks are -8, -223 and 0, 8 respectively). However, when I enter one I'm not facing the same direction as I'm going in. What gives?
Magic.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can you make it so oceans are smaller/less frequent in ATG???
You can by modifying the values in the configs, but it gets rather complex as you get many side effects. You could try and use the config from Monster as Eyamaz have already tried to do this.

It is also very much random depending on your spawn how many/big oceans you get. Simply trying again might bring you better luck.

Reactions: NOCK

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
You can by modifying the values in the configs, but it gets rather complex as you get many side effects. You could try and use the config from Monster as Eyamaz have already tried to do this.

It is also very much random depending on your spawn how many/big oceans you get. Simply trying again might bring you better luck.
I am using monster and have edited most values to how I like them, but every time (20+) I spawn a new world, I'm on a peninsula. I travel whichever way the land continues (which is east or west, but thats a problem because all the cold biomes are north and south due to the generation) but it eventually stops too. It looks like a really small Africa I guess. And it's always of one Biome with its subbiomes. Hardly any variation. And then you must cross an ocean that would be impossible to do without late game tech in survival.

I thought changing the landmass percentage in BoP config would help but even after changing it to 90% land I spawn on an island.

I guess I'll just revert to default config, even though the mountains are ridiculously too large

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am using monster and have edited most values to how I like them, but every time (20+) I spawn a new world, I'm on a peninsula. I travel whichever way the land continues (which is east or west, but thats a problem because all the cold biomes are north and south due to the generation) but it eventually stops too. It looks like a really small Africa I guess. And it's always of one Biome with its subbiomes. Hardly any variation. And then you must cross an ocean that would be impossible to do without late game tech in survival.

I thought changing the landmass percentage in BoP config would help but even after changing it to 90% land I spawn on an island.

I guess I'll just revert to default config, even though the mountains are ridiculously too large
Well, you can try out this seed which I use. It has lots of temperate landmasses surrounded by inseas close to spawn:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/rhns-1-6-monster-build-journal-and-guide-collection.42664/
It is using the default Monster ATG+BoP+Highlands configs.

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a question, is there a mod that allows hard-mode style hunger and health regen, but disables hostile mobs the way peaceful mode does? I love survival, but I find the mobs really over the top. I don't think that magnum torches are enough for what I want.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a question, is there a mod that allows hard-mode style hunger and health regen, but disables hostile mobs the way peaceful mode does? I love survival, but I find the mobs really over the top. I don't think that magnum torches are enough for what I want.
With hunger overhaul you get hungry even in peaceful mode

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Anyone know which mod is adding myself and a random mob to the home screen? I'm fairly sure this isn't Vanilla, but I couldn't be 100% sure.

http://puu.sh/auPHN/6036e81aeb.png
I believe it's extra utilities, only because the first mob that showed was RWTema... Although looking at feedback, I think it is bspkrs, as I also included one of those mods.
Really showing me some unusual creatures, so idea what they are or what mod they are from.

Viperidae

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to keep my mining turtle permanently loaded? I can only mine within the range of my chunk loader.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it's extra utilities, only because the first mob that showed was RWTema... Although looking at feedback, I think it is bspkrs, as I also included one of those mods.
Really showing me some unusual creatures, so idea what they are or what mod they are from.
It uses any mob. It's not ExU because I don't have that installed. The monster shown was from Witchery ;)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a way to keep my mining turtle permanently loaded? I can only mine within the range of my chunk loader.
There used to be a "Chunkloading module" you could add to turtles(in 1.4 and 1.5 versions), but I think it was buggy as hell and has therefore been removed. Your best bet is to simply keep it covered with something like a ChickenChunks chunkloader now.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Anyone got any idea where it would be a good idea to go look for "Saguaro Cactus" in a Monster ATG+BoP+Highlands world?
I found 3 pieces of it in my ME network, so obviously found some at one point. But now that I need some fruits I just can't find any. Tried in most the "dessert" type biomes I have discovered with no luck and my desert/ocean mystcraft quarry world doesn't have any either.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Anyone got any idea where it would be a good idea to go look for "Saguaro Cactus" in a Monster ATG+BoP+Highlands world?
I found 3 pieces of it in my ME network, so obviously found some at one point. But now that I need some fruits I just can't find any. Tried in most the "dessert" type biomes I have discovered with no luck and my desert/ocean mystcraft quarry world doesn't have any either.
Never saw those before Agrarian Skies, so sorry, don't have a proper answer...couldn't you plant the 3 you have and farm them?