Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I just started on my 4x processing setup today lol. It's a big step up given how big the multiblock salination thingy is.

Gas tank I hadn't considered, i'll try that. :)

Not sure the dynamic tank will work, I think that's for liquids and pretty sure HCl is a gas (given that mechanical pipes won't connect to the chemical infuser but pressurised tube thingies will).

The gas tank will work then. The dynamic tank should work if you condense the gas into a liquid first.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You can power Applied Energistics with Rotarycraft right? Would an ethanol engine be enough for a small system?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You can power Applied Energistics with Rotarycraft right? Would an ethanol engine be enough for a small system?

Yes, and depends on the size of the system and what the power draw is.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Not directly. You either need to route shaft power into a rotational dynamo to make RF or an electricraft induction generator (I *think* you can power AE with ElC power, haven't tested it though).

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Not directly. You either need to route shaft power into a rotational dynamo to make RF or an electricraft induction generator (I *think* you can power AE with ElC power, haven't tested it though).

http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/ME_Controller

Specifically:
On the left side, the player is able to change which type of energy is displayed, ranging from RotaryCraft Watts, to BuildCraft MJ, and even Applied Energistic's own AE.

Edit: Since this question keeps coming up, I tested it again. Proof it works in the spoiler.
r3O70LT.png

9jkVwOb.png

Last edited:

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've heard the mod I'm looking for is basically IC2 but with RF. There might be some changes to match the other Thermal Expansion/Mekanism/whatever recipes (I'm not sure) and most likely also name changes but it has the most important stuff like the nice suits (full ones, not just parts).
There's a mod called Buildcraft Tools- it technically runs off of MJ, but like other Buildcraft things, it can be powered using RF.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Thought that Forestry Ethanol and MFR Biofuel had been unified to be the same thing. But in Monster I just build the Forestry setup and wanted to boost it with the MFR Bioreactor as well. But turns out it still produces 2 separate fuels. Is MFR not supposed to make Ethanol when Forestry is in the pack?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Thought that Forestry Ethanol and MFR Biofuel had been unified to be the same thing. But in Monster I just build the Forestry setup and wanted to boost it with the MFR Bioreactor as well. But turns out it still produces 2 separate fuels. Is MFR not supposed to make Ethanol when Forestry is in the pack?

Nope but they're compatible, like ore dictionary copper for example. All separate different ingots but completely interchangeable

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
I don't remember what the block is but I think there is something in MFR that can change one into the other.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Nope but they're compatible, like ore dictionary copper for example. All separate different ingots but completely interchangeable
Bah, but that gave me an idea. The MFR Unifier have a fluid meter :p and Sure thing as soon as I pump biofuel into it, it turns into Ethanol :p

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
What would be a good high intensity(not just spamming a ton of engines/dynamos) way of producing RF out of Ethanol, which does not have "heat up" or other startup time?
(Monster 1.1.1)

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
What would be a good high intensity(not just spamming a ton of engines/dynamos) way of producing RF out of Ethanol, which does not have "heat up" or other startup time?
(Monster 1.1.1)
I just use Dynamos, but There might be something better in Monster I just don't know about.