Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, Poopbot 5000

9e81b7b84a.png

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Some people (like me) don't use quarries.

On my current world I haven't used a quarry at all. This is more due to the fact I decided to break with tradition and grow all my mineral wealth.

So far, 78'000 gold is looking like a nice stockpile.

I only have a few non-renewables, including mimichite and reactorcraft ores but I can get a serviceable amount of those digging manually.

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested this out in Monster 1.1.1 as well and I cannot get the Void upgraded Jabba barrels to accept any further items upon being filled. Not using the ME storage bus. Items will simply go to some other free storage, despite it being lower priority. You will have to force the items to go into the barrel using something like a ME Export bus.

And honestly all this is great if you store all your items in barrels. But it does not work if you store items in any other storage like chests or ME storage disks. In my current Monster world I am destroying over 130+ different items. Having to set up a JABBA barrel for each of them would be... The deletion method I linked earlier using Priority becomes much easier in this case as you can just add the item you want deleted upon overflow to the storagebus(add more storage bus after you filled the first 54 filter slots) on the deletion mechanism.

Then It's a matter of versions/modpacks. I'm playing AS, and it does work.

Obviously de void upgrade only makes sense if you store things in barrels, i wouldnt recomend setting up the Whole system just to avoid the deletion system, but some people prefer using barrels, and in that case (you already have the barrels) the void option seems more reasonable (at least for me)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
They way they work is different than normal Cactus. They "finished" cactus will spawn fruits after rainstorms. Tried planting the 3 pieces of the cactus and tried to make it rain through several different means, but didnt get any fruits to spawn. Suppose it needs an actual rainstorm.

Ended up cheating in a stack of fruits so I could just plant some new ones. Already wasted enough time flying around looking for them just for a single cosmetic detail :p

I have seen fruit grow on transplanted cacti, but it was a long time between fruit, defenitly not every rainstorm. The transplants where in either plains or ocean when I had them fruit.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have seen fruit grow on transplanted cacti, but it was a long time between fruit, defenitly not every rainstorm. The transplants where in either plains or ocean when I had them fruit.
I think the "not every rainstorm" is because just because it is raining, doesn't mean it is a "rainstorm". There are actually several different weather events in which it rains and I think the fruits are triggered by the very specific one called "Rainstorm".

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I think the "not every rainstorm" is because just because it is raining, doesn't mean it is a "rainstorm". There are actually several different weather events in which it rains and I think the fruits are triggered by the very specific one called "Rainstorm".
#notallrainstorms

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Having some trouble with Extra Cells and a RC Steel tank. Got Forestry Ethanol stored in a RC Steel tank and put a ME Fluid Storage Bus on the valve of the tank. The Ethanol shows up in the Fluid terminal, but I cannot draw any of it out into buckets etc. nor can I export it out using ME Fluid Export bus. Doesnt the Fluid Storage Bus work with RC tanks or what?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Having some trouble with Extra Cells and a RC Steel tank. Got Forestry Ethanol stored in a RC Steel tank and put a ME Fluid Storage Bus on the valve of the tank. The Ethanol shows up in the Fluid terminal, but I cannot draw any of it out into buckets etc. nor can I export it out using ME Fluid Export bus. Doesnt the Fluid Storage Bus work with RC tanks or what?

Is the valve in a position where fluid could normally be extracted?(bottom 2 layers)? Just guessing btw

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is the valve in a position where fluid could normally be extracted?(bottom 2 layers)? Just guessing btw
Yeah tried both on the bottom and on the side second lowest layer. Same behaviour. Liquid shows up as in the terminal, but cant be accessed in any way. Tried just hooking the bus up to a side of the tank(not a valve) to see and that removed the fluid from the terminal completely. It is like it can detect it is there, but it cant access the fluids.

I circumvented it all by using a ME p2p tunnel instead(didn't really need to have Ethanol accessible in the network, just needed remote access). But I would still like to know why it didn't work. Might have plans to store things in tanks in the near future for cosmetic effects but still want access to it through the ME network.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah tried both on the bottom and on the side second lowest layer. Same behaviour. Liquid shows up as in the terminal, but cant be accessed in any way. Tried just hooking the bus up to a side of the tank(not a valve) to see and that removed the fluid from the terminal completely. It is like it can detect it is there, but it cant access the fluids.

I circumvented it all by using a ME p2p tunnel instead(didn't really need to have Ethanol accessible in the network, just needed remote access). But I would still like to know why it didn't work. Might have plans to store things in tanks in the near future for cosmetic effects but still want access to it through the ME network.

That is odd. Was the bus configured for input only or something silly like that?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That is odd. Was the bus configured for input only or something silly like that?
That is what I thought, but apparently the Fluid storage bus only have a filter for fluids and a small digital input for priority. No other options are available.

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
i have 2 small village problems

1. I have build a cobblestone wall around the village, 3 blocks high with vines (for decoration) and torches inside all over. but sometimes it "spawns?" baby zombies inside?!?!.. is that possible?
i have checked for possible spawn points (yellow X) many times, can't find any.. can zombies climb vines? is this a bug?

2. I have build some houses but the villagers won't go inside them.. Is this because I use fences for windows?

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019

1. I have build a cobblestone wall around the village, 3 blocks high with vines (for decoration) and torches inside all over. but sometimes it "spawns?" baby zombies inside?!?!.. is that possible?
i have checked for possible spawn points (yellow X) many times, can't find any.. can zombies climb vines? is this a bug?

2. I have build some houses but the villagers won't go inside them.. Is this because I use fences for windows?

1. I believe most mobs can climb ladders and vines. Squid are the only exception I know of. Use mossy cobble instead by tossing cobble into a fluid transposer.

2. No. Villagers only care about a roof and a door. They're just also overly social and enjoy giant sleepovers, leaving most of the village empty at night.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

1. Yes, it's possible, called a siege.
2. Windows don't matter, it's only the blocks just around the wooden doors that matter. I suggest you go on the minecraft wiki to get more details.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is it possible to use a pair of Autonomous Activators to move liquid from a tank into the world? I've tried using ducts & servos to whitelist-extract a full bucket at the tank end and an empty bucket at the output end, I thought that that would pass the bucket back and forth but it doesn't. The ducts don't seem to want to extract anything from the activator. Is this possible? What other options are there in Magic Farm 2 to move liquid from a tank into the world?

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to use a pair of Autonomous Activators to move liquid from a tank into the world? I've tried using ducts & servos to whitelist-extract a full bucket at the tank end and an empty bucket at the output end, I thought that that would pass the bucket back and forth but it doesn't. The ducts don't seem to want to extract anything from the activator. Is this possible? What other options are there in Magic Farm 2 to move liquid from a tank into the world?
Have you got the output on the activators the correct color and on the correct sides?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you already got it in a bucket, wouldn't a regular MC Dispenser work?
Pretty sure you can input/output of that like it was just a chest/whatever.