Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
what bees within forestry/extra bees/magic bees have the fastest speed trait ?
That would be the Aura bee from Magic bees with "Fastest". Not sure it is available anymore due to the change in TC4 however. Good alternative is the "Windy" bee with "Faster".
http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Speed

EDIT: yeah Aura is only available in 1.5 versions I believe.

EDIT: Bit further research in NEI once I got MC open: There are several "new" bee species that are not listed on the wikis that have the Fastest trait:
Aer, Blizzy, Gelid, Pyro and Endearing.
All seem to be added by MB and revolving around TE3 stuff, except Aer which is a replacement of Aura.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bickers

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Ahh right. Got no experience with AM.
Still think your best bet is with the BUD. Maybe you can place the BUD somewhere isolated so it is not prone to detect stray updates(under the fluid, dig a small hole down so the fluid flows down to the BUD and it thereby detects the flowing liquid from the source block in some safe location underground etc). And if it ever goes out of sync you should be able to just place a bucket of liquid manually to bring it back into sync.
Got it working now. The Steve's Factory Manager Block Detector detects an air block and turns on a redstone signal, which goes through a 4-tick repeater to the Autonomous Activator. Works like a charm. Now all I need is that Mystcraft age with tile.ArsMagica2:liquidEssence.name Block oceans!

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Playing on the DireWolf20 mopack. Was wondering, is there anything that counts as a player as far as mob spawning is concerned? In any mod or vanilla?

Was playing with two others when the mob trap I had ground to a halt. We were all standing at y:200 , the mobs were supposed to spawn at Y:218. It works alright normally. Only thing that was running different was the smeltery was working. The quarry, chunk loader, etc didn't seem to have any effect on it.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Playing on the DireWolf20 mopack. Was wondering, is there anything that counts as a player as far as mob spawning is concerned? In any mod or vanilla?

Was playing with two others when the mob trap I had ground to a halt. We were all standing at y:200 , the mobs were supposed to spawn at Y:218. It works alright normally. Only thing that was running different was the smeltery was working. The quarry, chunk loader, etc didn't seem to have any effect on it.
No. It has to be an actual player. There is a difference in MC and Forge code between real and fake players.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

If you have the money buy an alt account an have that player ago at your trap while you use your main character for what ever it is you do

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
You can turn of ALL particle effects in the minecraft video settings menu.

I don't think you can pick and choose which ones you want and which you don't though :(
you cant... i changed particles too minimum and i still see wood logs and leaves particles...

AnonymousCoward

Jul 29, 2019
I need a decent way to automate a sugarcane farm in techworld. I've been mainly using rotarycraft, but it looks like the rotarycraft fan does not break sugarcane.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
I need a decent way to automate a sugarcane farm in techworld. I've been mainly using rotarycraft, but it looks like the rotarycraft fan does not break sugarcane.
MFR harvester does a trick. Plus you can put upgrades to it (so you can automate like a chunk size sugar cane farm with i think diamond upgrade).

Reactions: pjfranke

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
You could try MFR harvesters, expanded redstone block breakers, autonomous activators, Terrain Smashers, transition planes, or pistons.

Reactions: pjfranke

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
In addition to the above suggestions, you can use Factorization sockets and lacerator. It's a bit more complicated, and requires the steam turbine to power the rail system.

Or forestry multiblock farms work too.