Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What is the point of the "middle tier" energy cells and conduits in TE3?

A single steam dynamo, leadstone energy cell and leadstone conduits are enough to power your machines long enough to make the higher tier redstone versions, the hardened conduit and hardened energy cell in the middle is skippable and largely obsolete.

The only time I ever build hardened conduits or energy cells is when cross-mod stuffs like PowerConverters recipes need them.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Im not really sure because i agree with you malicios_bloke, but i know I've seen where people like to use the middle tier, maybe to take it slow? Lol who knows!

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
more backpacks mod.
trying to create a Nuclear Engineers backpack. The NEI doesn't have a pattern for it. The pattern it seems to follow for most of the backpacks are string corners, chest middle, wool center top/bottom and its the left/right items that determine what type of backpack it is.
I've tried all the uranium ores, rods, coolant cells but I can't get the backpack to come up.

Anyone know what it is or have a link to it? can't find.
thanks!

jtloft05598

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know why i keep on getting chunk errors that don't go away. this is my 3rd world, redownloaded FTB countless times and give it 5 GB of ram. P.S. also have the newest version of optifine.

jtloft05598

Jul 29, 2019
Once I saw a video on youtube and the person was using something and he could see all his stuff and choose what he needed. Could someone tell me what block this could be and how to use it ? thx

They were probably the Applied Energestic using the wireless access terminal. Very popular in late game, almost required for using quarry plus's. I would highly recomend it because it adds a new type of automation to the game and takes out the stress of having looking for all of your stuff.

P.S. if you use AE -(applied energestic) you need a steady power source, disc drive and a ME terminal. You can find how to do all this stuff by searching Applied Energestics tutorial on you tube.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
ok but is that my probelm or could it be somthing i am not thinking of?
You should also note that the Java processes will be using around twice(or more) as much as you allocate to the game. So if you allocate 5GB you should expect Java to use around 10-12GB, which you need to make sure that you actually have. But as the other say, the more RAM you give the game, the more JAVA is allowed to crap up everything.

I would recommend 2GB for smaller packs, 2.5GB for larger packs. If you add texturepacks then up that to 2.5 and 3GB

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Im not real sure, i dont play much with texture packs.[DOUBLEPOST=1401828333][/DOUBLEPOST]Does anyone know how to make a good mystcraft island age? For good frame rate?

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
So sphax comes with resources to change the sounds aswell then?
No not inherently you would have to download the Sphax sound pack which would come with the sounds. A few ones do come standard though and I believe all mobs are supported so in your case this explains the "jawas" and their sounds.