Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
handbook is just a copy and paste of whats on the wiki right now.

Erm, more like the wiki is a copy / paste of the handbook. But seriously, that handbook explains everything about the mod, from how the power system works, to how much power is needed for a machines, and even to where to plug in that power for a machine to run.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, more like the wiki is a copy / paste of the handbook. But seriously, that handbook explains everything about the mod, from how the power system works, to how much power is needed for a machines, and even to where to plug in that power for a machine to run.

yes it tells you that but does it tell you how to upgrade the megnetostatic? does it tell you how much lube you get from a canola seed? doesnt tell me how to charge the knockback gun in the book on the knockback gun page. for anything other then telling you this makes this much power and this needs this much power the book is useless and theres no real documentation to fill in the blanks. thats why i dislike the mod i can open up a wiki and learn anything about the mod and it gets updated so fast that any good info you find is useless in newer version.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
yes it tells you that but does it tell you how to upgrade the megnetostatic? does it tell you how much lube you get from a canola seed? doesnt tell me how to charge the knockback gun in the book on the knockback gun page. for anything other then telling you this makes this much power and this needs this much power the book is useless and theres no real documentation to fill in the blanks. thats why i dislike the mod i can open up a wiki and learn anything about the mod and it gets updated so fast that any good info you find is useless in newer version.

You can figure out how much lube you get from a single seed pretty easily. Drop one in a grinder, and you get your answer. Magnetostatic upgrades are again, easy. It's called NEI. Knockback gun, I'm pretty sure, says it needs a charged spring; there's your answer. RotaryCraft isn't meant as an easy, hold your hand with everything mod like TE3. If you aren't willing to do a bit of work on your own, RotaryCraft will tear you apart and make your life miserable.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
There is no way to make MFR farms collect IC2 Rubber is there? I gather that the Harvesters will demolish the trees but would it be possible to use the fruitpicker or something?

I know I can use MFR rubber trees, but not really interested in the aesthetics or space requirement of having another tree farm running.
I don't think so, since the rubber needs a special item(tree tap) to harvest, the fruit picker probably can't gather the rubber from it.
Just decided to the the test properly to make sure and the MFR Fruit picker works perfectly with IC2(E) Rubber trees. It will harvest the resins and leave the trees as they are.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Just decided to the the test properly to make sure and the MFR Fruit picker works perfectly with IC2(E) Rubber trees. It will harvest the resins and leave the trees as they are.
Very well then. I've been proven wrong. :p

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019

Welcome to modded minecraft. You should be thankful that there are any wikis at all and that people try to help you out with learning a new mod. But you won't get every tiny bit of information without any effort of yourself. One last tip: if you cant find any information about your problem, either ask kindly in a forum ot test it yourself in a test world. But don't be grumpy to us forum members when we try to explain you something.
For your problems, I recommend testing it in a test world.

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
first of all, that's even more complicated than with CC I think and secondly, you cant use pipes on normal Enderchests. The colored Enderchests aren't in Techworld2.

Well no chicken ones enderchests makes things harder, but use 2 tesseracts set to send and receive items, where an item duct from the tesseract goes to a chest which has a gate Redstone signal with item in inventory, and connect that to whatever you want (tflop circuit may be needed) and once it detects an item in the chest, set a Redstone signal to an itemduct to send it back through the tesseract, where you have 2 chests on the controlling end for input and output. Not simple. But hopefully works.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
What pack should I play? I don't want an explaination or any elaboration, it can be anything BUT not agrarian skies and I would like blood magic but I could add that if not. Just say what you think I should play.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
What pack should I play? I don't want an explaination or any elaboration, it can be anything BUT not agrarian skies and I would like blood magic but I could add that if not. Just say what you think I should play.
Magic farm

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
As far as a oh say 16 by 16 quarry how much iron and gold would you get? Estimate
(These results are from vinnila-modded minecraft)
On average you get 77 iron ore per chunk.
On average you get 8.2 gold per chunk.
On average you get 3.092 diamond per chunk.

A chunk is 16x16

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking through the magic farm 2 minetweaker configs and saw that a lot of modded recipes had been changed e.g. Sigil of the green grove using mine factory reloaded things, but when I looked in nie the recipes were all vanilla? How can I change the recipes to be the harder versions? I like a challenge

Last edited:

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I was looking through the magic farm 2 minetweaker configs and saw that a lot of modded recipes had been changed i.e. Sigil of the green grove using mine factory reloaded things, but when I looked in nie the recipes were all vanilla? How can I change the recipes to be the harder versions? I like a challenge
@Jadedcat I'm unfamiliar with this issue...