Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
why isnt this working?
d4519b43e6.png

megnetostatic engine: 32nm, 512rad/s,16.38kw
16:1 gearbox in speed mode
redstone clock on both sides

Crouchingmoose

Jul 29, 2019
Got 2 questions.
1) If I build a building underwater, is there a simple way to remove all the water INSIDE the building without affecting the outside?
2) There was an item I saw at one point that looked like a purple torch. Its purpose was to pick up items that dropped and place them inside a chest underneath the torch. What was that thing called and what mod is it from?

Thanks

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
why isnt this working?
d4519b43e6.png

megnetostatic engine: 32nm, 512rad/s,16.38kw
16:1 gearbox in speed mode
redstone clock on both sides
Not nearly enough power is going into the magneostatic. Get a furnace generator, not a survivalists.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Got 2 questions.
1) If I build a building underwater, is there a simple way to remove all the water INSIDE the building without affecting the outside?
2) There was an item I saw at one point that looked like a purple torch. Its purpose was to pick up items that dropped and place them inside a chest underneath the torch. What was that thing called and what mod is it from?

Thanks
1) if you build the shell of the building out of glass and stone etc. it is really fast and quick to fill in the inside with dirt and remove it again with a TC Shovel of the Earthmover.
2) just read about that, but simply cannot remember the mod either... There is always the Vacuum hopper from Openblocks, but this one you mention I remember being upgradable(something lile 2 block range default, much larger if upgraded).

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Does it need to be a multi block or just one block?
One block.
Got 2 questions.

Thanks
1) Mechanized sponge from Mariculture
2) Item collector from Random Things

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok thanks! Didnt realize you didnt want a tree farm sorry![DOUBLEPOST=1401728993][/DOUBLEPOST]Also how can you craft with buckets of liquid in AE? Is there a machine i need? I want to make enderium and tesseract automatically.
You already have a Magma crucible smelting enderpearls and a Fluid Transposer to fill it into the tesseracts? Could just use that to fill the buckets automatically.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Steam Engine just needs water and heat. And with that attitude, I wish you luck getting to bedrock.

maybe i would have this attitude if the mod had proper documentation and a good wiki that tells you how to do stuff instead of an overview of most of the machines.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
maybe i would have this attitude if the mod had proper documentation and a good wiki that tells you how to do stuff instead of an overview of most of the machines.
*cough*Handbook*cough cough*
Plus, Reika is very active on his forum thread on the MCF forum. He and the other people on the thread are always willing to help.

Reactions: Padfoote

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
*cough*Handbook*cough cough*
Plus, Reika is very active on his forum thread on the MCF forum. He and the other people on the thread are always willing to help.
handbook is just a copy and paste of whats on the wiki right now.