Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DenaliNW

Jul 29, 2019
You would be much better of writing a VERY simple ComputerCraft script to run on a Computer to do this I think.
Computer craft is not installed in Agrarian Skies, nor is anything from project red. Haven't dug much into Mariculture yet . . .

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I got some advanced drawbridges in an Agrarian Skies reward bag, and want to set up an mob spawner where these open up the floor under the mobs, and drop them down onto some conveyor belts, and push them into grinders. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to set up the programmable rednet controller to do this. I want the drawbridges to remain extended for 2-3 minutes and then retract for a couple of seconds, before extending again. Any suggestions?

I think that's possible with some standard vMC redstone magic.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's possible with some standard vMC redstone magic.

Yeah just have a circle of repeaters. Might take a big circle for 3 minutes though.

Now to my own questions: Whats the fastest way to pull items out of a chest. Currently using 3 ender chests with all of the sides populated by ME import busses set to stack mode. Still barely keeps up with my mining well quarry system. (I'll admit its a bit rediculous, I think its atleast 64 mining wells, digs down to bedrock instantly then moves after 10 seconds, nether star generators feel OP)

Question 2: Are hecates bugged for anyone else? They don't fall even when draw bridges are taken out from underneath them. They also don't move.

Question 3: Do light/dark mages drop anything at all, and can the spawning be turned off yet? I know it didn't do anything in the past when you disabled it in the config.

Question 4:Why hasn't half life 3 been announced yet?

Dyger

Jul 29, 2019
<Ars Magica 2> Is there a downside to hooking up a dark nexus to an arcane reconstructor? And if so, what is it?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah just have a circle of repeaters. Might take a big circle for 3 minutes though.

Now to my own questions: Whats the fastest way to pull items out of a chest. Currently using 3 ender chests with all of the sides populated by ME import busses set to stack mode. Still barely keeps up with my mining well quarry system. (I'll admit its a bit rediculous, I think its atleast 64 mining wells, digs down to bedrock instantly then moves after 10 seconds, nether star generators feel OP)

Question 2: Are hecates bugged for anyone else? They don't fall even when draw bridges are taken out from underneath them. They also don't move.

Question 3: Do light/dark mages drop anything at all, and can the spawning be turned off yet? I know it didn't do anything in the past when you disabled it in the config.

I normally run one Ender Chest with 6 ME Import Buses and it works fine good for me. I also use it when i go exploring/mining and it can keep up with me throwing random stuff in. I've got an Ender quarry and two max speed Arcane Bore.

The Hecates seem to mess up a lot. Not only the issues you mentioned, but they also seem to mess with the spawns of other mobs pretty badly.

I'm not sure, but I remember reading about some book that you might be able to get from them. I really don't know as i couldn't find where i'd read it. Either way, there's supposed to be a way to "make friends" with the light mages and they'll share mana. Light mages are also just really helpful to have around anyway.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
How can i make an AE interface to dump items direclty into the machine it is connected to?

I have this setup
Cyclic Assembler with an AE interface ontop of it.
I want to fill the cyclic assembler with cobblestone at all times.
I dont want to use the export bus, want to use the interface.

Is this possible?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
How can i make an AE interface to dump items direclty into the machine it is connected to?

I have this setup

Is this possible?
With an interface? I don't believe so, unless you set the MAC to make like a billion of something that requires cobblestone. Interfaces are designed for specific orders. Export buses were designed for what you want to do.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
With an interface? I don't believe so, unless you set the MAC to make like a billion of something that requires cobblestone. Interfaces are designed for specific orders. Export buses were designed for what you want to do.

The Interface should work. If you designate to keep x amount of cobble in the Cyclic Assembler and the Assembler uses it to craft, then the interface should add x cobble back in.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Question 1: Sorry, I don't know.

Question 2: As far as I know Hecates are flying creatures. Why should they fall?

Question 3: I don't think I've seen them drop anything but I'm probably wrong

Question 4: I don't know, but on May 8th Epic announced an Unreal Engine 4 based Unreal Tournament for Win/Mac/Linux project that the community can help design, with the game to be free to all when complete.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Question 3: I don't think I've seen them drop anything but I'm probably wrong
They will very rarely drop Essence of the Ender, and occasionally a piece of armour (although that last might be due to my TiCo sword with Looting 3 and Luck)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

I have this setup

Is this possible?
Not on its own. The interface will not output items unless it is fitted with the recipe for that items and you call for them to be crafted. But you can set the interface to stock a stack of cobble, put some Itemducts(or other piping methods) from the Interface to the assembler and let it pipe the cobble down.

But I do not understand why you don't just use an Export bus which is actually designed for the task...

arkwolf1995

Jul 29, 2019
Can I use computercraft to control thaumcraft golems? I play on a dw20 server with thaumictinkerer (KAMI) and technomacy

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
That would probably be to hook them up with translocators transferring stacks at one time to me Interface

@hisagishi

Do you have an image or tutorial for the set up your using?

I'm gonna assume you are talking about the mining well quarry. Its in various DW20 videos and its easily findable by googling.

Heres a video:

The pipe issue can be resolved by not moving the pipes with the frame quarry.

My question is: Is there any power pipe that can transmit 4k RF/t? I am currently using enderIO pipes that do 2048 but I need two of them for every nether star generator.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019

Rather than using ender chests, send stuff through a tesseract and straight into an interface. You'll be able to import items to your AE network as fast as you can pull them out of the ground.

TheTunnelingCat

Jul 29, 2019
in agrarian skies, is there any way for me to be able to get my quest data back? i recently changed minecraft accounts and i want to have all the quests i completed as the other character on this one

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you mean 40000 not 4000 and 20480 not 2048. Extra Utilities power transfer nodes can do 32000RF/t but that's the highest I know of.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I'm gonna assume you are talking about the mining well quarry. Its in various DW20 videos and its easily findable by googling.

Heres a video:

The pipe issue can be resolved by not moving the pipes with the frame quarry.

My question is: Is there any power pipe that can transmit 4k RF/t? I am currently using enderIO pipes that do 2048 but I need two of them for every nether star generator.
don't redstone energy conduits do 10k?