Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
don't redstone energy conduits do 10k?
I think the TE3 conduits have some disliking to being moved, which I guess is why he is looking for alternatives. Or that's what I seem to remember hearing.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you mean 40000 not 4000 and 20480 not 2048. Extra Utilities power transfer nodes can do 32000RF/t but that's the highest I know of.

Sorry yes, thats exactly what I meant. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

I'll just stick with my ender stuff. Not gonna bother changing it if it takes up the same amount of space. Uh speaking of which, do tesseracts auto input power? Or rather I should say if I put a tesseract next to a nether star generator would it auto transmit the power?

One other question, Is there any way to automatically fill up warded jars when they are below full?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Would anyone be interested in a frequently asked question thread?
I've seen to many "how do big reactor" threads and "why RF no work with engines" threads

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've seen to many "how do big reactor" threads and "why RF no work with engines" threads
It is a good idea in theory, but honestly don't think people would use it. They could after all just use the search function in most cases.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
rhn basically already said what I was going to say, but for emphasis; while I would LOVE an FAQ thread that people would read, I could answer... well, over half of the questions on this thread, anyway, with a basic Google or forum search. Unless I'd have to write a small novel, it's just easier and less antagonistic to answer the question.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
But wouldn't using a cheat sheet unlock all research? I like having to research new things, is there a way to use cheat sheet for only one research?

No, but there are commands with TC4.1 that allow you to unlock certain researches.

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Is Direwolf's button API good code? I'm going to finally start using Computercraft to make my portal spawner network, and I'd like to have a touchscreen to select which portal I open. But since I barely know anything about programming (luckily, enough to know I can set the frequency of a wireless transmitter as a peripheral), I'm going to use that as a base unless someone knows of a better API to base it on.

I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but this will most likely be in 1.4.7 (I like the integration with Redpower).

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Is Direwolf's button API good code? I'm going to finally start using Computercraft to make my portal spawner network, and I'd like to have a touchscreen to select which portal I open. But since I barely know anything about programming (luckily, enough to know I can set the frequency of a wireless transmitter as a peripheral), I'm going to use that as a base unless someone knows of a better API to base it on.

I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but this will most likely be in 1.4.7 (I like the integration with Redpower).
His code in general tends to be a little janky, but it should work well enough as long as you're not trying to do anything too crazy with it. A long time ago I tried to adapt his touchscreen API for something it wasn't quite made for and it ended up being easier to just write my own API taking inspiration from his.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried those... I couldn't get the name right for most if them, NITOR worked but RESEARCHMASTERY didn't, I could fiqure out most if them
Might try replacing the spaces with dashes or underscores. I'm not sure though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to see how much of each base resource is necessary for long crafting chains? (thinking the 16m storage cell for extra cells)

Also for some reason with applied energistics and a crafting set up from logistics pipes once the items can't fit anymore into the auto crafting table so it goes back in the AE network but once it makes room for the item in the crafting table "SOME" items don't come out of the network, like basic processors. Redstone and quartz comes out fine everything though.