Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Would anyone be interested in a frequently asked question thread?
I've seen to many "how do big reactor" threads and "why RF no work with engines" threads

The mods can't even get people to read the posting rules... They usually don't even read a whole thread before posting. You want them to read FAQs as well???

Reactions: rhn

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Are the mods that only appear in Agrarian Skies supported by the universal configs? I want to start a map with a customized version of either Monster or DW20 and I'd love to just drop Extra Cells in there.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Are the mods that only appear in Agrarian Skies supported by the universal configs? I want to start a map with a customized version of either Monster or DW20 and I'd love to just drop Extra Cells in there.
Modpack contents are listed here: https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Public+Modpack+Listings

Extra Cells is already in Monster. It is not in DW20. It should, to the best of my knowledge, be included in the universal configs since it's in a pack.

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
How do I edit in items with damage values (i.e. glowstone ingot from Mekanism) into the Dynamic Lights config file? "Syntax: ItemID:LightValue, seperated by commas" is throwing me for a loop since that's how the damage values are appended to items normally.

His code in general tends to be a little janky, but it should work well enough as long as you're not trying to do anything too crazy with it. A long time ago I tried to adapt his touchscreen API for something it wasn't quite made for and it ended up being easier to just write my own API taking inspiration from his.

Could I bother you for a pastebin of it? I'd love to give it a look.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack contents are listed here: https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Public Modpack Listings

Extra Cells is already in Monster. It is not in DW20. It should, to the best of my knowledge, be included in the universal configs since it's in a pack.

Oh. I was going by the list on the right-hand side of the launcher when you select the pack. Maybe I need to update. Thanks.

Still though, I'd like to know if mods that only appear in packs like BnB or AS are supported by the universal configs.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. I was going by the list on the right-hand side of the launcher when you select the pack. Maybe I need to update. Thanks.

Still though, I'd like to know if mods that only appear in packs like BnB or AS are supported by the universal configs.

I'm lazy, if you give me a list I can check if they are in my config folder for DW20.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL

Universal configs are listed here. If a mod isn't listed there then there won't be a Universal config for it. Otherwise, you have to ask the Modpack creator how compatible their configs are.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there a blacklist for blocks that the Portable Hole works on? I'd like to blacklist the Steve's Factory Manager blocks so I don't accidentally trash my entire system again. I suppose I could encase the entire thing in multiparts as shielding.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a blacklist for blocks that the Portable Hole works on? I'd like to blacklist the Steve's Factory Manager blocks so I don't accidentally trash my entire system again. I suppose I could encase the entire thing in multiparts as shielding.
i don't think you can portable hole through warded blocks, otherwise if you look in the thaumcraft config there is a blacklist for the portable hole there as well

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to see how much of each base resource is necessary for long crafting chains? (thinking the 16m storage cell for extra cells)

Also for some reason with applied energistics and a crafting set up from logistics pipes once the items can't fit anymore into the auto crafting table so it goes back in the AE network but once it makes room for the item in the crafting table "SOME" items don't come out of the network, like basic processors. Redstone and quartz comes out fine everything though.

I posted this in the AG Thread

For anyone who's interested, here's the requirements for the ME 16M Storage Cell

Requirements for 1 ME 16M Storage

=== Raw Material Requirements ===
Certus Quartz Crystal - 136 stacks and 44 extra (8748)
Certus Quartz Dust - 46
Diamond - 6 stacks and 23 extra (407)
Glowstone Dust - 20 stacks and 16 extra (1296)
Gold - 45 stacks and 36 extra (2916)
Nether Quartz - 41
Quartz - 51 stacks and 16 extra (3280)
Raw Rubber - 41
Redstone Dust - 285 stacks and 25 extra (18265)
Sand - 16 stacks and 33 extra (1057)

=== Left Overs ===
Fluix Dust - 1
Quartz Glass - 2

=== Intermediate Steps ===
Fluix Dust - 2 stacks and 36 extra (164)
Giga Storage Cluster - 3
Glass - 16 stacks and 33 extra (1057)
Kilo Storage Cluster - 27
ME Advanced Processor - 5 stacks and 44 extra (364)
ME Basic Processor - 45 stacks and 36 extra (2916)
Mega Storage Cluster - 9
Nether Quartz Dust - 41
Quartz Dust - 51 stacks and 16 extra (3280)
Quartz Glass - 4
Raw Plastic - 41
Redstone Diamond Chipset - 5 stacks and 44 extra (364)
Redstone Gold Chipset - 45 stacks and 36 extra (2916)
Silicon - 51 stacks and 16 extra (3280)
Storage Block - 3 stacks and 51 extra (243)
Storage Cell - 34 stacks and 11 extra (2187)
Storage Cluster - 1 stack and 17 extra (81)
Storage Segment - 11 stacks and 25 extra (729)
Tera Storage Cluster - 1

I used the Fluix Dust Recipe that makes 4 if you use Plastic as well. The killer is the 18,265 Redstone.

That's an afternoon I'll never get back.

Actually, I wrote a program to do this calculation for me.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make the Ars Magica 2 hud show numerical values for Burnout and Mana? I know there's a way to turn on numerical exp values, but i can't seem to find anything about the Burnout and Mana bars.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make the Ars Magica 2 hud show numerical values for Burnout and Mana? I know there's a way to turn on numerical exp values, but i can't seem to find anything about the Burnout and Mana bars.

Yeah it should be when you type in... I think its AMUICFG or something but in game when that pops up hit the options menu.

Also is there any easy way to keep any custom mods you added when updating a modpack?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod does it so that mobs occasionally wear the same armor as you? I lol'd when I first saw a zombie pigman with goggles of revealing.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod does it so that mobs occasionally wear the same armor as you? I lol'd when I first saw a zombie pigman with goggles of revealing.
I think that's Factorization. I nearly crapped myself the first time I saw a zombie in a full quantum suit. Fortunately, it's just cosmetic.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
What are all the options for automated rare mob drops/xp collection?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8160 mit Tapatalk

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
What are all the options for automated rare mob drops/xp collection?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8160 mit Tapatalk
Invar spikes (rare drops) with vacuum hopper connected to a chest (drops) and open blocks tank (xp)

Not sure if an autonomous activator with a cleaver gives rare drops