Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019
MFR is intentionally incompatible with forestry trees. Doing so would be insanely overpowered because, for example, my single multifarm with bred trees powers 15 boilers and could power more with one more trait boost. Instant growth would increase that by 10x. It is likely all other non-vanilla trees are incompatible to avoid unforseen balance issues. The multi farm is you only solution, as far as I know.

A point of note, if you're space deprived, you can always just use a small section of the multi farms area. I have a multi farm that's only a semicircle for the sole purpose of harvesting specific woods for building.
I'm not sure the multifarm can handle Natura woods either. At least, I have no idea how Natura saplings respond to the attempt to be given a genome, which the multifarm arboretum does everytime it plants something.

Plus, in pretty much all worlds I've played, Natura itself has proven to be extremely, extremely incompatible with anything under the sun. Including vanilla Minecraft and its own sister mod, Tinker's Construct, both of which which won't recognize the wood in most of their recipes. I generally remove it from any modpack I find it in because it's so annoying to start the game off with harvesting a stack of wood, only to find out it's completely useless for anything other than planks and sticks - neither of which can be used in recipes save for doors and crafting tables.

MFR is intentionally incompatible with forestry trees. Doing so would be insanely overpowered because, for example, my single multifarm with bred trees powers 15 boilers and could power more with one more trait boost. Instant growth would increase that by 10x. It is likely all other non-vanilla trees are incompatible to avoid unforseen balance issues. The multi farm is you only solution, as far as I know.

A point of note, if you're space deprived, you can always just use a small section of the multi farms area. I have a multi farm that's only a semicircle for the sole purpose of harvesting specific woods for building.

We wanted to plant saplings for building purposes. I have a very good ethanol system and my other player has a blaze farm. So we didnt need it for that. Thanks for all the input tho.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard, Natura saplings were compatible with MFR.

At least, I have no idea how Natura saplings respond to the attempt to be given a genome

A modder would have to manually program a species for each Natura tree and then register the saplings as equivalents for that to work. By default, the only ones in there are Vanilla saplings.

I'll admit a big ol' cross-compatibility mod to make Natura, BoP, and TC trees breedable could be pretty cool, though. :)

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. There don't appear to be "modes" for pickaxe or shovel, and those both work fine; the axe is the only tool function that's acting up. Is there a mode to select for axe? Right now the only modes that appear are lux capacitor and crafting bench, since I've installed those two modules.
My bad, on testing it out I see that it should just work with no need to change mode.

However, it doesn't appear to work on all trees.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
I just checked out MFR - startin to think a mob farm is definitely the way to go, for somethings anyway. i need to figure out how to convert coal to diamonds (which is a google search im sure)

IC2 can help you there. But you can also just set up a quarry or copy DireWolf20's mining machine.

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
If I have a "super strain" of bees that I want to use as the base for all my beekeeping operations, and I want to convert a princess of another bee species into my super-strain so that I can the inoculate it into another species and then crank out some bee products, is it better to:

1) use a template of my super species and then inoculate it with a species serum
2) use a stack of drones to breed the princess into a super-strain princess and then inoculate it

Are these methods identical in the end product with just different resources required? Or is there a clearly "superior" method for my bee eugenics program?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
If I have a "super strain" of bees that I want to use as the base for all my beekeeping operations, and I want to convert a princess of another bee species into my super-strain so that I can the inoculate it into another species and then crank out some bee products, is it better to:

1) use a template of my super species and then inoculate it with a species serum
2) use a stack of drones to breed the princess into a super-strain princess and then inoculate it

Are these methods identical in the end product with just different resources required? Or is there a clearly "superior" method for my bee eugenics program?
It's much better to use serums with the exact species ant traits you want to create your "super bee". That way you can have exactly the traits you want on both your princess and your drone so you don't have to worry about mutations.

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
It's much better to use serums with the exact species ant traits you want to create your "super bee". That way you can have exactly the traits you want on both your princess and your drone so you don't have to worry about mutations.

Well, I already have my super-bees - I have two princesses and several stacks of drones. The question is, when I want a hive of bees with identical traits but a different species, do I use a template of my super bees on a princess and drone that I want to change, or do I just throw stacks of drones at a fresh princess until she's completely super-species?

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Use the drones. Last I knew, templates only worked on a small percentage of species (ones you can find in the wild), and even if that's changed I'd still consider a drone stack to be easier.

Most of the non-advanced bee machines are completely useless in that you'd lose less time ignoring them then you would trying to get value out of them. The only exception that comes to mind is the acclimatisor, which you'll typically only use on one stack of bees before decommissioning.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. There don't appear to be "modes" for pickaxe or shovel, and those both work fine; the axe is the only tool function that's acting up. Is there a mode to select for axe? Right now the only modes that appear are lux capacitor and crafting bench, since I've installed those two modules.

Right, that's because some logs added by modifications are not properly registered as logs, so the Power Fist won't recognize them as something that can be harvested with an axe. There's nothing you can do about but waiting for the either the mods or the MPS author to update his/her mod.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! It does make my wonder why coal wouldn't be included though. I'd think to add coal before I would have thought to do lava!

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
So after no success on google, I came here with a question.
I'm playing unleashed v1.1.4, and I decided that I wanted to add GregTech to my pack. Edited some configs (easy mode) because I enjoy it that way.
Anyways, I'm getting different kinds of ingots from my Pulverizer/Powered-Furnace setup than I used to before I added GregTech, does anyone know how I can fix it?
I'd like all ingots I get to be the Thermal Expansion ones, as those are the ones I'm used to. I know I can change them with Forge Lexicon, but I don't feel like changing a few thousand ingots with clicking...

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
So after no success on google, I came here with a question.
I'm playing unleashed v1.1.4, and I decided that I wanted to add GregTech to my pack. Edited some configs (easy mode) because I enjoy it that way.
Anyways, I'm getting different kinds of ingots from my Pulverizer/Powered-Furnace setup than I used to before I added GregTech, does anyone know how I can fix it?
I'd like all ingots I get to be the Thermal Expansion ones, as those are the ones I'm used to. I know I can change them with Forge Lexicon, but I don't feel like changing a few thousand ingots with clicking...
One of the config files of GT has a section about unifiers, ore dictionary unifying or something like that. In that section several mods are mentioned, which controls the result ingots. Activate TE and deactivate the rest.

one question, is there anyone who can explain me all features of FTB? Or maybe a little part. I can´t understand the lot of features of FTB Ultimate and maybe out there(in the big Minecraft World) canhelp me. Thanks :)

PS: I´m a German :D
As several others have already said: Complete coverage in a concise matter is not possible. But try reading the guides on the official wiki, which were written by several volunteers of the community. I don't remember of the top of my head, if they are for MC 1.4.7 (e.g. FTB Ultimate) or MC 1.5.2 (e.g. FTB Unleashed), but they should be close enough to your reality, even if they are for a version from the other ecosystem.
http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Category:Guides

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's an MFR block that will do lexicon conversions. Unifier, it's called. Never used it myself though.

Unifier can be automated. Any Ore Dictionary items piped in will be automatically converted to the first item of its kind and can be pumped out. If you have a specific preference for which ingot you want, convert one in the Lexicon and then put it in the right hand slot in the Unifier to set the preference.

Majze

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB Unleashed (1.1.4), it shows Soul Shards existing. But I can't seem to find Vile Sword. This a bug anyone else stumble upon?

Also, what are the Quartz Tools for? Not the quartz in the overworld... the Nether Quartz. IT took 3 blocks and two deadwood sticks so I assumed it was used for something special, but my diamond picks seems to be better.