Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nico2719

Jul 29, 2019
is there a youtube video, which explains the most of the FTB Ultimate Features?[DOUBLEPOST=1381258401][/DOUBLEPOST]
Probably not. I'd argue that this is impossible. I'd suggest to focus on 2 or 3 mods in the beginning and explore further one at a time.
with which mods should i start?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
is there a youtube video, which explains the most of the FTB Ultimate Features?[DOUBLEPOST=1381258401][/DOUBLEPOST]

To be honest. Start with what you do know basic vanilla mining. Then look up a few things in NEI build what ever looks cool. Try thing out and experiment. If you run into stumbling blocks, do some research on the web and come here and ask specific questions. As a general rule most people here try to be helpful. But, it is real hard to answer a general question like "Features in FTB Ultimate".

Reactions: nico2719

nico2719

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest. Start with what you do know basic vanilla mining. Then look up a few things in NEI build what ever looks cool. Try thing out and experiment. If you run into stumbling blocks, do some research on the web and come here and ask specific questions. As a general rule most people here try to be helpful. But, it is real hard to answer a general question like "Features in FTB Ultimate".
first thanks for your answer. I understood what you meant :$ i´m not so familiar in english language but, again, i only want to thank you, gave me such a nice answer, although i asked such a general and silly question. :D have a nice evening

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Here are all the features of FTB:
It's a modpack that collects lots of mods in a way that allows them to work together with minimal issues. Each mod has many more features, the scope of which cannot be encompassed by one forum post.

You should start like you would start playing Minecraft. Make a house, collect some basic tools and resources, but don't bother with processing ores yet. Make a part builder, a pattern chest, a stencil table, and a tool station from Tinker's Construct, the mod you should start with. Make some blank patterns then make your pick, shovel, and axe out of: flint (head), cobblestone (binding), and blue slime crystal (handle); make a sword out of: flint (blade), cactus (hilt), and blue slime crystal (handle). Do this because these tools are never destroyed with wear and can be repaired with just some flint.

Next make a smeltery. For that you only need clay, sand, and gravel, and some charcoal to cook up the grout those items make. Get some glass too. Build a short smeltery (you can add on to the top of it later if you like). Now you can start processing all the ore you've collected, using lava for fuel (so get a bucket and find some lava too).

Now that you have the smeltery you can upgrade to tools that have metal parts, which will get you redstone, which will get you advancing into other mods. Buildcraft is an easy mod to get into because the combinations required are brief and this mod will enable you to move items around in tubes. Similar things can be said for IndustrialCraft. Thaumcraft is lots of fun and will eventually lead you to many automation-like options, uber tools and armor, and loads of capability, but it requires quite a bit of focus which means ignoring some other mods for a time. If you like to program or just like the idea of it, get into Computercraft and make turtles do your bidding. Next, go crazynuts.

Reactions: nico2719

nico2719

Jul 29, 2019
Here are all the features of FTB:
It's a modpack that collects lots of mods in a way that allows them to work together with minimal issues. Each mod has many more features, the scope of which cannot be encompassed by one forum post.

You should start like you would start playing Minecraft. Make a house, collect some basic tools and resources, but don't bother with processing ores yet. Make a part builder, a pattern chest, a stencil table, and a tool station from Tinker's Construct, the mod you should start with. Make some blank patterns then make your pick, shovel, and axe out of: flint (head), cobblestone (binding), and blue slime crystal (handle); make a sword out of: flint (blade), cactus (hilt), and blue slime crystal (handle). Do this because these tools are never destroyed with wear and can be repaired with just some flint.

Next make a smeltery. For that you only need clay, sand, and gravel, and some charcoal to cook up the grout those items make. Get some glass too. Build a short smeltery (you can add on to the top of it later if you like). Now you can start processing all the ore you've collected, using lava for fuel (so get a bucket and find some lava too).

Now that you have the smeltery you can upgrade to tools that have metal parts, which will get you redstone, which will get you advancing into other mods. Buildcraft is an easy mod to get into because the combinations required are brief and this mod will enable you to move items around in tubes. Similar things can be said for IndustrialCraft. Thaumcraft is lots of fun and will eventually lead you to many automation-like options, uber tools and armor, and loads of capability, but it requires quite a bit of focus which means ignoring some other mods for a time. If you like to program or just like the idea of it, get into Computercraft and make turtles do your bidding. Next, go crazynuts.
wow, thanks helped me a lot :D :)

Avengor

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I am about ready to start venturing into what i consider more end game appropriate items - namely nuclear reactors and setting up an infinite biomass->biofuel feedback loop for infinite MJ. However, one thing that isn't clear to me - what are end game appropriate methods of getting resources? i.e. diamonds, redstone, gold, iron, etc. I want to automate this as much as possible, but make sure I still have continuous resources coming in - I don't want to stop experimenting just to go get ore.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I am about ready to start venturing into what i consider more end game appropriate items - namely nuclear reactors and setting up an infinite biomass->biofuel feedback loop for infinite MJ. However, one thing that isn't clear to me - what are end game appropriate methods of getting resources? i.e. diamonds, redstone, gold, iron, etc. I want to automate this as much as possible, but make sure I still have continuous resources coming in - I don't want to stop experimenting just to go get ore.
Well if you want to be zany, make hundreds of igneous extruders, then transmute the cobblestone into flint, flint to clay globs, clay globs into clay blocks, clay blocks into iron, iron to gold, and gold to diamonds.

But more practically, Monster spawners.

Pigmen get you gold, which you can transmute as mentioned above.
Wither Skeletons get you coal, which you can use to make steel.
Witches get you tons of stuff, including redstone.

I recommend MFR auto-spawners.

Your other alternatives are MFR Laser Drills to generate ore, and IC2 Mass Fabricators to make all sorts of other stuff.

Avengor

Jul 29, 2019
I just checked out MFR - startin to think a mob farm is definitely the way to go, for somethings anyway. i need to figure out how to convert coal to diamonds (which is a google search im sure)

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
When attempting to use the isolator to get a species serum from a bee, how many bees is it usually recommended to have before doing this? I know there's a chance that the bee will be destroyed, and it's far from certain that the species serum will be the first you get - what's the rule of thumb for this?

GaseousSnake

Jul 29, 2019
I just moved to the Unleashed pack (Unleashed 1.1.4) and built a Power Fist. I installed the axe module and adjusted the overclock about halfway, to a harvest speed of 18.4x, but the tool still doesn't chop trees or wood any faster than by hand (my stone axe is faster). My chestplate has a battery which currently has 831kJ in it, and I can see it go down as I use the tool. I know I'm probably doing something silly, but I'm not sure what. How can I fix my power tool's axe module?

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019
Right I want to plant maple trees and other people on my server want to plant other natura trees in the mfr planter. Ive updated Natura on the server but its still not working. I think I need to update mfr? Can you let me know if that is right and where I can get a good 1.5.2 version. The server is running unleashed. Thanks

GaseousSnake

Jul 29, 2019
Sneak+mousewheel with the fist selected should allow you to change its "mode".
Thanks for the reply. There don't appear to be "modes" for pickaxe or shovel, and those both work fine; the axe is the only tool function that's acting up. Is there a mode to select for axe? Right now the only modes that appear are lux capacitor and crafting bench, since I've installed those two modules.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Right I want to plant maple trees and other people on my server want to plant other natura trees in the mfr planter. Ive updated Natura on the server but its still not working. I think I need to update mfr? Can you let me know if that is right and where I can get a good 1.5.2 version. The server is running unleashed. Thanks

MFR is intentionally incompatible with forestry trees. Doing so would be insanely overpowered because, for example, my single multifarm with bred trees powers 15 boilers and could power more with one more trait boost. Instant growth would increase that by 10x. It is likely all other non-vanilla trees are incompatible to avoid unforseen balance issues. The multi farm is you only solution, as far as I know.

A point of note, if you're space deprived, you can always just use a small section of the multi farms area. I have a multi farm that's only a semicircle for the sole purpose of harvesting specific woods for building.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure the multifarm can handle Natura woods either. At least, I have no idea how Natura saplings respond to the attempt to be given a genome, which the multifarm arboretum does everytime it plants something.

Plus, in pretty much all worlds I've played, Natura itself has proven to be extremely, extremely incompatible with anything under the sun. Including vanilla Minecraft and its own sister mod, Tinker's Construct, both of which which won't recognize the wood in most of their recipes. I generally remove it from any modpack I find it in because it's so annoying to start the game off with harvesting a stack of wood, only to find out it's completely useless for anything other than planks and sticks - neither of which can be used in recipes save for doors and crafting tables.

Reactions: SpitefulFox