Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB Unleashed (1.1.4), it shows Soul Shards existing. But I can't seem to find Vile Sword. This a bug anyone else stumble upon?

Vile Swords, Vile Powder, and the Soul Forge are all removed in the newer version of Soul Shards. If you want the Soul Stealer enchant, I've heard that it's now just a normal enchant for any weapon, but I can't confirm ever seeing it pop up. Alternatively, you can use the Force Infuser from Dartcraft to add Soul Stealing to a weapon.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Also, what are the Quartz Tools for? Not the quartz in the overworld... the Nether Quartz. IT took 3 blocks and two deadwood sticks so I assumed it was used for something special, but my diamond picks seems to be better.
Well, since diamonds are much rarer than Nether Quartz, I'm not surprised. It's added by Natura, but I can't find any details anywhere. AE adds a Certus Quartz axe that is equivalent to iron.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Vile Swords, Vile Powder, and the Soul Forge are all removed in the newer version of Soul Shards. If you want the Soul Stealer enchant, I've heard that it's now just a normal enchant for any weapon, but I can't confirm ever seeing it pop up. Alternatively, you can use the Force Infuser from Dartcraft to add Soul Stealing to a weapon.

As of the 1.5.2 update for Soul Shards the Vile Sword was removed as was the anvil bug that allowed you to combine shards.

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question: Is there a compatible FTB Unleashed Texture pack (The current version of FTB Unleashed)

I thought sphax might have had one but I can't seem to find it.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
ninja-d.gif

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Three questions:

1. I just got an achievement when I opened an apiary (one of the Nether bee species was inside) but I can't find it in the "achievement"-section (there's only Vanilla, IC2, BoP, Biome finder, Twilight forest and Mystcraft). Is there an extra menu for this? The message is: "Epithet Gained: Amateur Beekeeper"

2. I'm currently playing on a server with Unleashed 1.1.4 and the "Biomes 'O Plenty"-achievement in the "Biome Finder"-section isn't marked as taken (don't you get it when you find you first new biome?) and since I've already found a few of the new biomes, it also doesn't change. Is there a way to reset it myself (only the BOP-section, though)?

3. How much EU/t does an force field (MFFS) with dimensions of 50x40x30 (length x width x height) approximately use?

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
1. I just got an achievement when I opened an apiary (one of the Nether bee species was inside) but I can't find it in the "achievement"-section (there's only Vanilla, IC2, BoP, Biome finder, Twilight forest and Mystcraft). Is there an extra menu for this? The message is: "Epithet Gained: Amateur Beekeeper"

They're not actual achievements - I believe this is to do with the Apiarists Databank and the number of species you've discovered.

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
Oh god... I don't even... What have I done?!? I put three of them in there for safe keeping and now I don't even know how to deal with this.

Attachments

• 2013-10-11_14.33.17.png
    2013-10-11_14.33.17.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 107

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
@ZeSapper:
Time to make some raw meat ingots!
What no? What do you mean no? :p

Out of curiosity you didn't do anything special? They just started reproducing?
I thought they only reproduced if a house was available...

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
If I place a pump in the nether.
Connect a nether tank to the pump.

In the overworld i place another nether pump connected to an Iron tank.

What happens when the tank gets full and the pump still are working.
Is it no longer pumping up lava or is it still removing lava blocks from the lava lake but the lava gets voided because the tank is full?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some replacements of redpower2 and its ability to draw redstone wiering on walls etc?

Is there some mod in ftb unleashed that allow my machines to know how much fuel is left and only have them run if x amount of fuel is available in a tank.
Same with power in MFSU´s etc.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
If I place a pump in the nether.
Connect a nether tank to the pump.

In the overworld i place another nether pump connected to an Iron tank.

What happens when the tank gets full and the pump still are working.
Is it no longer pumping up lava or is it still removing lava blocks from the lava lake but the lava gets voided because the tank is full?

Liquid pumps are pretty good about throttling their output. So it won't remove any more lava source blocks until it has someplace to pump it to. You will still see any engines that are connected to the pump running even though the pump isn't moving anything.[DOUBLEPOST=1381515474][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there some replacements of redpower2 and its ability to draw redstone wiering on walls etc?

Is there some mod in ftb unleashed that allow my machines to know how much fuel is left and only have them run if x amount of fuel is available in a tank.
Same with power in MFSU´s etc.

In unleashed your best replacement for red alloy wire is MFR rednet cable. It is more like RP2 bundled cable, but you can set the output color with a wrench.

As for your other question... I'm not so sure on, but I think your best bet would be build craft structure pipes with a gate installed on it. The gate can be programmed to give off a redstone signal based on some of the condition of the block it is attached to.

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
@ZeSapper:
Time to make some raw meat ingots!
What no? What do you mean no? :p

Out of curiosity you didn't do anything special? They just started reproducing?
I thought they only reproduced if a house was available...

Turns out that the other buildings I "temporarily occupied" in "their" village were close enough for them to make sexy time.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
They're not actual achievements - I believe this is to do with the Apiarists Databank and the number of species you've discovered.
It's weird that that was the first time I saw that kind of achievement because I started breeding bees a while ago.
Oh god... I don't even... What have I done?!? I put three of them in there for safe keeping and now I don't even know how to deal with this.
Are you using an auto spawner? If so, turn it off (redstone signal or just don't give it anymore power) and then use:
Lava, water (cover the room, so they'll drown), splash potion of harming or dig out a hole under them and make them fall. If you want to be a little bit more creative: MFFS (force field) with a Projector Upgrade (Defense Station), dig out a hole and use a Conveyor belt to transport them to spikes, use a portal gun, shoot it at their feet and transport them somewhere else,... You could also try holy granades, they don't destroy blocks and do a good amount of damage but I'm not sure if they'll hurt villagers.
But be aware, it'll most likely cause lag if you kill many of them at once.
You could also use it to your advantage first by making a trading posts to get lots of emeralds. :p