Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a tip on how to organize biome pages for mystcrafts with BoP installed?
There are too many to put in a diamond chest and if you put them in a notebook they don't stack, so annoying...

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a tip on how to organize biome pages for mystcrafts with BoP installed?
There are too many to put in a diamond chest and if you put them in a notebook they don't stack, so annoying...
You're not storing your pages in a notebook in a writing desk? I generally keep all my pages sorted by "type" in different notebooks in a writing desk, which I assumed was general practice.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
You should reread my post, I mentioned the notebook saying they don't stack inside it.
So if I get Biome pages and put them in there I'll get like 5 pages for the same biome showing, I'd like a way to avoid that.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
The actual species shouldn't have anything to do with it.

I'm pretty sure that sometimes, upon making a bee of a new species, that bee gets some "base traits" from the new species, too - I've noticed it when one of my bees randomly got a "Longer Life" trait when they mutated into a different species I was trying to get.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The Cultivated species is a great example: it boosts the production to fast, which, with some Extra Bees machines, should be inoculated into other species.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, this isn't the answer either. I've tried deleting & re-downloading it at various times, and still no luck. What's strange is that just now I downloaded Unleashed 1.1.4 (didn't have that version yet) and it works fine. Only the MagicFarm pack has this problem (which is a shame since it has a bunch of mods that aren't in the other packs).

If both packs are for the same MC version, try copying the lib folder from unleashed to magicfarm.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
You should reread my post, I mentioned the notebook saying they don't stack inside it.
So if I get Biome pages and put them in there I'll get like 5 pages for the same biome showing, I'd like a way to avoid that.
Nope, no real way to avoid that. You'll just have to go through it occasionally and cull any duplicates you have.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

Make a trash can and use it.

chowchig

Jul 29, 2019
Like, hmm.

Not sure how to describe it, but kind've like how that one mod that allowed transmutations, in which all you would really need to do is get a pumkin or reed or some type of farm going, and you'd enver have to go out into the world again, that seems like something that makes the game unbalanced.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Like, hmm.

Not sure how to describe it, but kind've like how that one mod that allowed transmutations, in which all you would really need to do is get a pumkin or reed or some type of farm going, and you'd enver have to go out into the world again, that seems like something that makes the game unbalanced.

You mean EE2? EE3 exists, but it's nothing like EE2.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Like, hmm.

Not sure how to describe it, but kind've like how that one mod that allowed transmutations, in which all you would really need to do is get a pumkin or reed or some type of farm going, and you'd never have to go out into the world again, that seems like something that makes the game unbalanced.
Anything that adds tech (and often times magic) will have some sort of positive feedback loop that will eventually lead to a (near) infinite supply of anything you aim for. It's really all about how you play with what's available to you. That said,

If you want true minecraft balance, you'll want to play vanilla.
If you want "we've made it hard to survive", you'll want UHS or Magic Farm.
If you want something with tech but without Dartcraft (considered "OP" by many in 1.5), you'll want Unhinged or DireWolf20 (depending whether you want GregTech or not).

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for some help but I dont mind looking stuff up... just point me in the right direction. I am trying to put my Ore in a chest, and have it ( I think the best way is thru pipes) bet pulvarised, then be put thru another pipe to go to my induction smelter, then another to put it into my crafting ME-terminal.

#1 does that makes sense lol and #2 is it possible. I THINK it has to do with gates but I am kinda lost...

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for some help but I dont mind looking stuff up... just point me in the right direction. I am trying to put my Ore in a chest, and have it ( I think the best way is thru pipes) bet pulvarised, then be put thru another pipe to go to my induction smelter, then another to put it into my crafting ME-terminal.

#1 does that makes sense lol and #2 is it possible. I THINK it has to do with gates but I am kinda lost...
If you're set on pipes and your pack has Logistics Pipes, you can use Request pipes attached to your pulverizers which are set up next to your smelters of choice, which have ME import buses attached to it to put it back into your ME storage system.

Alternately, you can do it all with a ME system with export (preferably fuzzy) and import (type doesn't really matter) buses.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019

Well, you could directly connect the machines due to their automatic outputting, and output it into a liquicrafter, which would craft it automatically. You could also use an import bus at the end of the chest, so it would connect to your AE network.

chowchig

Jul 29, 2019
Anything that adds tech (and often times magic) will have some sort of positive feedback loop that will eventually lead to a (near) infinite supply of anything you aim for. It's really all about how you play with what's available to you. That said,

If you want true minecraft balance, you'll want to play vanilla.
If you want "we've made it hard to survive", you'll want UHS or Magic Farm.
If you want something with tech but without Dartcraft (considered "OP" by many in 1.5), you'll want Unhinged or DireWolf20 (depending whether you want GregTech or not).

Which one of those two is closest to the current vanilla version? (Between Unhinged/DireWolf20)

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend to you Unleashed. Yeah, some of the mods are "OP", but you don't need to use them. Unhinged is terribad and is just "grind until you become a mole". DW20 lacks a bunch of good mods, so I recommend Unleashed.
Balance is something that does not exist.
It's just the fact that people think X is OP that is creates this fake idea of "balance".
Play with Unleaahed and Unhinged and tell which one you had more fun with.