Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I can't quite remember if this is true or not, can you throw RC carts through Nether Portals? Or was that only a 1.2.5 thing?

It is actually vanilla feature, introduced in 1.3.2 IIRC. Just remember that cart can't travel more often than once every 45 seconds through one (like any other entity except player). I used cart dispensers for short routes to break and replace the cart. Also you can't ride a cart when it is going through the portal.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Orchard apple is not in Forestry itself, it's an extra tree that Binnie adds. Potentially because you can't get a normal apple tree to work in an orchard? Still not conclusive. Wish Sengir wasn't on a break, then I could ask him directly on the Forestry forums...

Not sure which of the fruit trees are in extra trees/vanilla forestry, but there are several other fruits in 1.52 that produce fruit juice, like plum, papaya, and banana. Maybe some of those are usable in orchards?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
All of them are. That's the entire point of what I'm asking ;)

Only vanilla apples behave differently. I wanted to know if I can make apples behave like other fruit through crossbreeding (or if I have to use Binnie's orchard apple tree), and/or if I can make other fruit behave like apples through crossbreeding.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Quick Tinkers Construct questions:

If I add lapis to a scythe would it harvest more crops? Also with a mattock is there any point of adding lapis?
A quick test says no on the lapis for harvesting. It'll still affect mob drops when used as a weapon.

The only reason I could think to put lapis on a mattock is if you also have smelting on it and you're using it on gravel ores.

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Are fusion reactors in gregtech as dangerous as nuclear reactors? So basically... should i build it encased in reinforced stone, or far away from my base?

Anyone have any 'just dont do THIS' sort of tips for fusion reactors?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Are fusion reactors in gregtech as dangerous as nuclear reactors? So basically... should i build it encased in reinforced stone, or far away from my base?

Anyone have any 'just dont do THIS' sort of tips for fusion reactors?
No, Fusion Reactors don't explode. Just alot of stuff. ALOT. Be aware, you have to continue powering the reactor once it starts up, so be sure to have a return line from your plasma generators to the Reactor. Read all the wikis and watch teh youtubes.

Edit: However, rain can explode your machines tho, so put a roof on it. Centrifuges, extractors, all of them.

Reactions: zorn

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Back to Minecraft after an extended absence (first stint in 1.5.2/Unleashed, coming from 1.4.7/Mindcrack), wandered around until I found a portal gun and three portal spawners (all in one dungeon - score!) then set about configuring some wireless receivers for them.

I placed the last spawner in a village a few hundred blocks from spawn, then started placing torches throughout the area. As I was doing a last sweep to make sure I hadn't missed anything, I found the portal spawner missing - the receiver is sitting where I placed it, but the spawner itself is gone. No trace of it.

Mobgriefing's disabled, so I'm clueless. Known issue or freak occurrence?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Will a lv transformer not put out more than 128 eu/t>? I have a hv line going into a mv transfomer, then an lv transformer. There is more than enough EU, but the machines i have connected to the lv line arent getting enough power, and the lv transfomer says it is putting out 128 eu/t, and not ever 1 eu more.

EDIT: never mind, ill leave this here in case someone google searches for the same problem... apparently an lv transformer just cannot put out more than 128 eu/t. When split the line coming from the mv transformer into two separate lv transformers, they are both now taking over 128 eu/t combined, so obviously the machines on that line needed more, and the lv would not output that much.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently it can output four 32EU packets per tick, but only one 128EU packet. If your machines specifically want 128EU packets you're better off linking them to the MV transformer directly (for up to four 128EU packets a tick). If they want 32EU packets, then consider how many machines you're running at once and what might be lost in your cable runs.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
And I'd like to add that the entire e-net behavior changes completely in 1.6.x, including transformers. Don't build 1.6.x workshops with advice you find in this thread, it will not end well for you. FTB is still on 1.5.2. ;)

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
I'm enchanting some boots in my MineFactory Reloaded auto-enchanter, and the work level is in the negatives. I'm guessing it's due to integer overflow since the total work is greater than 32,768. My question is whether it's just a visual error and whether it'll ever complete.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Are extra bees machines bugged in 1.1.4?
I have an idle purifier taking like 100 MJ from a golden conductive pipe.
When checking with the multimeter it says it requests 0 MJ.
Then further along the line I have a genepool requesting 20 MJ/t and not even getting the 5 required for smooth operation.

I'm puzzled, also it seems some of my engines do not send power on that line, presumably because they don't think the machine need that much power but purifier is taking it all anyway.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Last I knew, bee machines are among those that go flat if not continuously charged - this means their internal storage will empty slowly regardless as to whether they've got work to do.

It also means that if you put them in a line and link them up to the one pipe, the ones closest to the power source will leech all the juice, preventing the ones further along from getting what they want.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Last I knew, bee machines are among those that go flat if not continuously charged - this means their internal storage will empty slowly regardless as to whether they've got work to do.

It also means that if you put them in a line and link them up to the one pipe, the ones closest to the power source will leech all the juice, preventing the ones further along from getting what they want.

I disconnected the pipe and after 5 minutes it's still at 100%(50000/50000 MJ in buffer). Yet if I connect it, it sucks at least 100 MJ/t...

edit:
From what I can get it looks like a discrepancy between the power requested and what it will get from the pipe regardless of whether it needs it or not.

nico2719

Jul 29, 2019
one question, is there anyone who can explain me all features of FTB? Or maybe a little part. I can´t understand the lot of features of FTB Ultimate and maybe out there(in the big Minecraft World) canhelp me. Thanks :)

PS: I´m a German :D

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
That's not a question. That's a "I don't want to ask questions, you guys just guess what I want to know". That's not how this thread works ;)

Ask a question. If you have many, start with the first.