Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

LoocPac

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to put some tubing down right next to each other, i have seen it done with out them connecting, how do i do this? place tube next to tube with out them connecting

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I am trying to put some tubing down right next to each other, i have seen it done with out them connecting, how do i do this? place tube next to tube with out them connecting
You're talking about RedPower tubes, right? You can paint the tubes with paint brushes to keep them from connecting. Any painted tube will only connect to tubes of the same color, or unpainted tubes.

EDIT: Or covers. Covers are easier and cheaper. Didn't even think of that.

LoocPac

Jul 29, 2019
I figured the covers out, but now my sorting machines are not marking the items that are not in its list the color that i picked

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I figured the covers out, but now my sorting machines are not marking the items that are not in its list the color that i picked
If you mean what I think you mean a screenshot of your setup, as well as the sorting machine GUI, would probably be the quickest way to tell people what they need to know in order to help you. Simply placing covers down should not have affected how your sorting machine paints its items for any reason that I can think of.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
36HP Boiler Help

I made one tonight, got it to 1000c but its not producing like i hoped. On the wiki it said for every cubic meter it produces enough to fully power one commercial steam engine. With that said it should power 36 correct? i had steam go into a liquid transposer via liquiduct then from the transposer to 12 engines, it ran but only at 2.7mj each engine, i thought it wouldnt have an issue doing 4mj. I took 4 down and they starting producing 4mj/tick. I thought it was how the liquiduct was on the boiler i heard of two setups, one with 9 outputs on the boiler another one was 4 but with lever in the middle with the ends set for output, neither option changed anything. am i doing something wrong or is this normal?

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
36HP Boiler Help

I made one tonight, got it to 1000c but its not producing like i hoped. On the wiki it said for every cubic meter it produces enough to fully power one commercial steam engine. With that said it should power 36 correct? i had steam go into a liquid transposer via liquiduct then from the transposer to 12 engines, it ran but only at 2.7mj each engine, i thought it wouldnt have an issue doing 4mj. I took 4 down and they starting producing 4mj/tick. I thought it was how the liquiduct was on the boiler i heard of two setups, one with 9 outputs on the boiler another one was 4 but with lever in the middle with the ends set for output, neither option changed anything. am i doing something wrong or is this normal?

Your output is going to be limited to the volume of steam the liquiduct can deal with. Also do you mean liquid tesseract, or transposer and what is this block doing for you?

The easiest way to get max steam into engines is to have the engines touching the boiler blocks, squeezing 36 engines around 1 boiler will present its won issues though. A screenshot of your setup would help.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
oops,im not dealing with tranposers sorry. Im using liquid tesseract and liquiduct. from what i thought there was no limit with liquiduct?

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
You could put your tesseract directly onto the boiler as boilers automatically eject. Liquiducts volume capacity is 80mb/t if my boiler is giving me accurate results, which would run 8 of your engines at max output.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
after doing little bit of testing you are 100% correct. I ran my liquiduct across by base as a test and currently running 18 at 4MJ so it was the tesseract causing the issue :( that sucks..... what if i put the tesseract to a tank and then pumped steam from the tank to my engines would i be limited at all to what i produce(except for the boiler capacity it self of course)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a similar setup but with the power converters mod. The consumer in the pic would only be getting 80 steam from the direct boiler connection, the liquiducts add another 80 steam each so I'm able to pull 320mb/t of steam. Not sure if tesseracts behave in the same way, if they do then extra liquiducts on both tesseracts should give you max capacity.

steam.jpg

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
36HP Boiler Help

Just connect more liquiducts, they work in a pressure system so it should be possible.

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started playing on a friends server, but every so often the game acts as if I'm holding a button (WASD/space) even if I'm not touching the kb. I was told it's a side effect of playing on servers that aren't local hosted, but surely this can be fixed somehow? After I noticed it a couple times last night, I restarted my PC but the problem still persisted. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it with success?

Also, I'm catching up on DW20 vids right now, and he just converted from RP/barrels/router sorting to AE, and it looks pretty awesome. Is there any kind of quick guide to AE as it seems a pretty daunting mod. When I first heard about the mod I looked on it's wiki but it seemed a little complicated. Plus I hear it's a somewhat mid-endgame mod considering the resources needed to make it comparable in functionality to the previous system.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
For the sticky key, it is usually when you open the "full screen" version of the minimap when you are moving.

Pressing once the key of the direction that seems to be stuck makes it go back to normal.

As for AE, it needs constant power to be able to run at all, so it's usually something you start when you have a stable energy network of some kind.

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
For the sticky key, it is usually when you open the "full screen" version of the minimap when you are moving.

Pressing once the key of the direction that seems to be stuck makes it go back to normal.

As for AE, it needs constant power to be able to run at all, so it's usually something you start when you have a stable energy network of some kind.
I'm aware of how to fix it temporarily. I would just rather prevent it from happening at all. It's never happened before on any other server, and I wasn't using/activating the minimap when it happens.

Katerchen

Jul 29, 2019
Ask simple question.. Ok, Simple Question: Do the End-ores from GregTech (mainly Sheldonite) Spawn with the FTB Ultimate Pack in a Mystcraft End-Stone-World too, or only in the "original" end?

Katerchen

Jul 29, 2019
Well i have a End-like World (exept for the fact that it isnt a floating island but Flat terrain) but i cant seem to find any :/ thats why im asking if it is there or not. I'll just take it as "there is no ore" and go searching for a stronghold w. portal

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Q: How do I drain a Liquid Transposer into a Portable Tank? I can occasionally manage to get it right, by just clicking randomly on stuff until it works but I have no idea what combination of colours actually gets it to work.