Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Install a Buildcraft pump over a nether lava lake. Power it with 4 redstone engines. Pump the lava through a liquid tesseract into a big array of geothermal generators. And with "big" I mean "a hundred of them".

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Using one pump in SSP probably a week or two of active playing. SMP little less than a week maybe?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It'll definitely last you for at minimum a double chest full of stacks of UU-matter. If it's a particularly deep lake - much much more than that.

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 pack, is there any replacement for Fertilizer to run Multi-block farms (I think I know the answer here). We are running dangerously low on appetite (sp) and my 8 multi-block farms are about to shut down from lack of fertilizer.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
rp2 pumps are borderline exploity?

Pumping nether lava across dimensions is. Almost all mods that enable lava as an energy or resource source do so in the understanding that it is of limited availability in the overworld, and thus have values unsuitable for an easily tapped, limitless lava supply.

Reactions: DrRed

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 pack, is there any replacement for Fertilizer to run Multi-block farms (I think I know the answer here). We are running dangerously low on appetite (sp) and my 8 multi-block farms are about to shut down from lack of fertilizer.

Drop a quarry on top of an extreme hills biome. You'll soon have more fertilizer than you can store :p

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Pumping nether lava across dimensions is. Almost all mods that enable lava as an energy or resource source do so in the understanding that it is of limited availability in the overworld, and thus have values unsuitable for an easily tapped, limitless lava supply.

well, first time I've heard that.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that whole discussion got chewed through in all detail last year when the big modpacks were new and widespread use of nether lava started for the first time. Not much new to be said about it nowadays. And individual mods can't really balance for cross-mod usage anyway, if they are also meant to work stand-alone. Bottom line being, it is how it is, there are worse exploits to worry about, and for those who care there's config options.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Tanks mate:D

Make and burn peat, use the ash to make your fertilizer instead of sand, it'll stretch out your apatite by quite a bit. IIRC you can also make fertilizer from saltpeter and sand.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Make some concentrated compound, added by Thaumic Bees (so it requires vis, aspects, etc), out of your apetite to double the yield. It's so cheap to make you should do that with all the apetite you ever get.