Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
How so? Have chunk loaders been known to lose pipe/alveary contents? Bear in mind that when I say "the area is fully chunk loaded", I MEAN it. The chunks only load/unload at login/logout.

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
I think the loading and unloading of the login/out is what he mend. There is no way to check how it could have been lost. If it fell out of a pipe, it despawned by now. Didi it just disapear.. Welll.. Then so it did. And because your alveary empties itself you also cant check if the produced stuff is in there or if thats also gone. In short, there are to little things to draw a reason out why it disapeard

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How so? Have chunk loaders been known to lose pipe/alveary contents? Bear in mind that when I say "the area is fully chunk loaded", I MEAN it. The chunks only load/unload at login/logout.
Chunk ERROR. As in, one of those huge trenches of non-existent landscape that you occasionally come across while flying around. Actually I'm not sure if those can happen in loaded areas. So maybe I'm talking nonsense.

KingNasty

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
My first post -
I recently installed GregTech, and I'm having trouble finding Bauxite Ore. I've checked in the biome-specific areas indicated, such as plains and forest.
Will Bauxite not spawn in areas already rendered pre-install of GT?
Will I be able to find it if I wander into new areas that I assume I haven't loaded the chunks already?
Thanks!

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
My first post -
I recently installed GregTech, and I'm having trouble finding Bauxite Ore. I've checked in the biome-specific areas indicated, such as plains and forest.
Will Bauxite not spawn in areas already rendered pre-install of GT?
Will I be able to find it if I wander into new areas that I assume I haven't loaded the chunks already?
Thanks!

try new chunks, or consider a mystcraft mining world :)
check the config (by default bauxite should spawn)

KingNasty

Jul 29, 2019
ahh so i assume this is the same with GT nether ores also!

Looks like I need to journey a decent distance - thanks!

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a question; got a good large biomes seed for ultimate? I really don't want to dig through that seeds forum...I'll take anything, but when presented with choices, I'm horrible.

teser

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to erase an AE storage disk? It wont let me disassemble it with data on it and I want an easy way to insantly destroy 100,000+ cobble.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to erase an AE storage disk? It wont let me disassemble it with data on it and I want an easy way to insantly destroy 100,000+ cobble.
I believe if you shift right click with it in your hand, it dissasembles it into a shell and core, or something like that. So if you can't craft the two back together and erase the data that way (I'm not sure if it does) you can at least put in a new core saving reasourses

teser

Jul 29, 2019
yea shift
I believe if you shift right click with it in your hand, it dissasembles it into a shell and core, or something like that. So if you can't craft the two back together and erase the data that way (I'm not sure if it does) you can at least put in a new core saving reasourses
yea shift right click wont work when it isnt blank

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019

You could make a stand alone network with a controller + storage bus on incinerator block + IO port. Put disk in IO block and it will dump everything to the incinerator.

You could do the same thing on your main network, but add cobble to the storage bus filter. If you have cobble else-ware in your network though using the IO port will likely send it there until it is full, then on to the incinerator.

Reactions: BlackFire

teser

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a stand alone network with a controller + storage bus on incinerator block + IO port. Put disk in IO block and it will dump everything to the incinerator.

You could do the same thing on your main network, but add cobble to the storage bus filter. If you have cobble else-ware in your network though using the IO port will likely send it there until it is full, then on to the incinerator.
thanks that'll work

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a link to that leaking world fix post? I can't find it for the life of me. I know it's in someone's sig but I can't remember who.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
http://i.imgur.com/lo1qDia.png I might still go for computercraft ^^
I am tryng to get a stackable system where I can do the following:
If cobble < X then turn on 1 until X > Y.
If cobble < Z < X then turn on 2 until Z > Y.
http://imgur.com/lo1qDia
This system here does that, but because the latches ouputs a redstone signal
I need to use pulse formers, and seperate cables to avoid interference between the signals.
I just wanted to mention this, If I do not find a simpler solution I will post in a seperate thread.
I couldn't leave well enough alone. :) if I read your requirements properly, you should be able to put your three level emitters on a computercraft computer on the left, back, and top with some red and blue bundled cable on the right and use a program like this

Code:
--if cobble < X, left input is on
--if cobble < Z, back input is on
--if cobble > Y, top input is on

-- if left input true (cobble < X) then turn on red wire
-- if back input true (cobble < Z (automatically less than X)) turn on blue wire
-- if any condition is active, run until top input is true

while true do
  if (redstone.getInput("left") == true) then
    if (redstone.testBundledInput("right",colors.red) == false) and
      (redstone.testBundledInput("right",colors.blue) == false) then
      redstone.setBundledOutput("right",colors.red)
    end
  end
  if (redstone.getInput("back") == true ) then
    if (redstone.testBundledInput("right",colors.blue) == false) then
      redstone.setBundledOutput("right",colors.blue)
    end
  end

if (redstone.getInput("top") == true ) then
    redstone.setBundledOutput("right",0)
  end
  sleep(5)
end