Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Inoculate some other flower over it then give it max fertility and shortest lifespan. If you're interested in the "ends" effect (low damage over time) breed a few drones and isolate it out of them, before inoculating something more useful in its place.

Then just throw it in the pile with all the others. You'll need it to get some of the more interesting bees, but you'll know when you're ready for them. Its own product is only good for crafting ender pearls (of all things) which are obviously in abundant supply because you already have access to the End.

In short, ignore them and go build an Ender ender.

Peeta

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, after many adventures we have obtained one ender bee hive. What should I do now?
Also, make sure to keep these bees, they're on demand on SMP servers as they are crucial in the crafting of some very Magical bees, as well as a very Valuable bees ;) Their main benefit is not ender pearls, however, they're a nice side effect.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Probably was a chunk loading error.
I believe that the usual chunk errors (large chunk-sized holes in the ground, revealing the Void, caves, ores, lava, etc) are solely clientside, so that wouldn't be the cause. That's also why you glitch out when you jump in one- the client thinks you're falling, but the server thinks you're on the ground, and teleports you back up to surface level.

Thus, I call bug on either Forestry or Buildcraft. There's a chance that it might be a serverside Vanilla bug, but I would be surprised.

Side note: Do you at least have the species serum for your bee, so you can continue producing whatever the lost bee produced?

EPfencer

Jul 29, 2019
When I look in the launcher there are three versions of the ultimate pack. I know about 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, but what's the 1.1.0 version?

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Side note: Do you at least have the species serum for your bee, so you can continue producing whatever the lost bee produced?
Yes, I had no trouble replacing the bee. Thanks. Though serums take me too long compared to a stack of breeding drones so I keep those instead. Do serums even go into bee chests? Seems like too much hassle to me, at least, for the purposes of mere racial preservation.

I was mostly wanting to know if there are any limits to the lifespan on a bee. There HAS to be a limit on the generation counter - doesn't mean you lose the princess when you hit it, but something has to happen. Either the counter will stop, reset, or... something else.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
When I look in the launcher there are three versions of the ultimate pack. I know about 1.0.1 and 1.0.2, but what's the 1.1.0 version?

The version which supercedes 1.0.2.

This versioning scheme is read as "Major.Minor.Revision". So 1.0.0 is major release 1. 1.0.1 is the first revision to major release #1. 1.0.2 is the second revision. 1.1.0 is the first minor update.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning#Sequence-based_identifiers

Specifically the 4th paragraph under "Change Significance".

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Is there a block that's like the autocrafter, but will work with patterns of materials, so that for example, I could chuck various flowers, bonemeal and wood through it (for example), and gain dyes and planks, or chuck string or planks through it, and gain wool and crafting tables?
Something that will craft 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3 when all the same material?
I know I could do it with autocrafters or fabricators, but that's a lot of crafters and a large amount of space.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a block that's like the autocrafter, but will work with patterns of materials, so that for example, I could chuck various flowers, bonemeal and wood through it (for example), and gain dyes and planks, or chuck string or planks through it, and gain wool and crafting tables?
I know I could do it with autocrafters or fabricators, but that's a lot of crafters and a large amount of space.

The GregTech electric crafting table should be able to help you with that if you set it to 1x1, 2x2 or 3x3 mode (or all together).

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can use the packager for what you want, but you have to be careful how you shove inputs into it (since stuffing 8 of something in will tie it up until the 9th comes in).

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization autocrafting with craftpacket makers and stampers. It is expensive (1 paper per craft) and tricky to automate, but allows for automatically crafting everything (you can find extreme example on WayOfTime's Youtube channel), but it can be efficiently used also in smaller builds.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I think Factorizarion may have your answer.

I'm not certain on this, but I think that the Craftpacket Stamper can craft items individually in a crafting table- so you get planks from logs, bonemeal from bones, etc.

I am certain, however, that the FZ Packager will do 2x2 and 3x3 squares of whatever item you throw in it, although I'm not sure which it tries first (although it's more likely 2x2 than 3x3- because what if you only fed it 4 items?)- so you'll get crafting tables from planks, blocks from metals and gems (GregTech isn't removing those recipes), etc.

I would recommend trying the craftpacket stamper, and it it doesn't work for you (again, if I'm not mistaken, you can just throw bones in it directly to get bonemeal, without worrying about a craftpacket maker), you can still craft it into a Packager.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks. As I don't use GregTech, I'll try out factorization. Not a mod I generally use (have used barrels, but feel they are too cheap and trivalise sorting systems too much with redpower).

Using a RP filter should control the flow of items to ensure complete crafts.

So, so some reading up on the wiki identifies that the Craftpacket Stamper can do 1x1 autocrafting along with it's main function of dealing with craftpackets.
Packager for 2x2 and 3x3. Time to test in creative. Both these blocks would be very useful to me.

DivineRaptor

Jul 29, 2019
So I should just keep breeding the ender princess with the ender drone to replicate the species? If I want more princesses should I breed the new drones with common princesses so I can have a chance to get more ender princesses? (I hope to acquire valuable bees with them)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you can do that.

Or extract the ender species trait with ExtraBees machines from your excess drones and inoculate your bees (or sell the service of inoculating other player's bees).

Skyshayde

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way to create large amounts of EU in FTB YogCraft? I would like to power a mass fabricator. I really don't mind stuff that is a borderline exploit.