Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly does the redpower RS-NOR latch not do that you want to do?

It has two inputs. Pulse one, and the latch changes state and keeps that state until the other input is pulsed. That's the definition of a RS-NOR latch.

I imagine the MFR implementation works the same way, though I've never touched the mod.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I did try building it using a RS-Latch from RP2, however this is not the same as a RS-Nor-Latch...
I have fiddled quite a lot around using RP2 using latches, transparent latches, and even a few and gates but nothing seems to come
close to produce a simple circuit as in the video =( I was hoping one had a "complete" solution, instead of just jumping to the conlusion that
Redpower probably has a solution for this.. =(
It does exactly the same that this circuit, it has two types that you can switch using shift right click with screwdriver, one with two outputs and two both inputs and outputs and second one with separate inputs and outputs. Also FTB is still minecraft, you can just use normal redstone and RP2 has really low amount of weirdness using it in comparison to other mods.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Is it normal for an aura node to spawn really deep underground? Because, uh...

2013-05-07_22.45.19.png2013-05-07_22.45.58.png

I spent ages looking for the node nearest my Thaumcraft room. Eventually I gave up and crafted a third Thaumometer (the first two became my Goggles of Revealing), and noticed that it pointed straight down. Lo and behold, the node was 40 blocks below my basement, more than two thirds of the way down to bedrock.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Y'know, when you consider that ComputerCraft computers can input or output 16 different coloured redpower signals per each of their six sides, they really do allow for some major logic gate reductions... In fact my very next planned project is to get some sheep dyed to take advantage of this.

Anyway, yes, nodes sometimes spawn in caves underground.

Nebuchadnezzar

Jul 29, 2019
http://i.imgur.com/lo1qDia.png I might still go for computercraft ^^
I am tryng to get a stackable system where I can do the following:
If cobble < X then turn on 1 until X > Y.
If cobble < Z < X then turn on 2 until Z > Y.
http://imgur.com/lo1qDia
This system here does that, but because the latches ouputs a redstone signal
I need to use pulse formers, and seperate cables to avoid interference between the signals.
I just wanted to mention this, If I do not find a simpler solution I will post in a seperate thread.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
http://i.imgur.com/lo1qDia.png I might still go for computercraft ^^
I am tryng to get a stackable system where I can do the following:
http://imgur.com/lo1qDia
This system here does that, but because the latches ouputs a redstone signal
I need to use pulse formers, and seperate cables to avoid interference between the signals.
I just wanted to mention this, If I do not find a simpler solution I will post in a seperate thread.
Shift click those latches with screwdriver until you get squiggly shape, then you won't have to use pulse formers.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Shift click those latches with screwdriver until you get squiggly shape, then you won't have to use pulse formers.
Can latches replace Pulse Formers? Because I think Pulse Formers have a bug. In my multi-timer setup the 64-second transmitter gets stuck "on" permanently. The signal going into the PF is 32 seconds on, 32 seconds off. I just want a pulse every 64 seconds. The 32-second signal that's on for 16 and off for 16 works just fine.

What I think I really need to do is do the pulse forming in the Forth program, which requires breaking up the counter into bit fields and detecting the bit changes.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Say what? o_O That doesn't make much sense/seems partially redundant.

Don't you mean:
Z < X < Y
If cobble < X then turn on 1 until cobble > Y
If cobble < Z then turn on 2 until cobbe > X

(adjusted sections underlined and bolded)

That can be interpretated as two item production lines that get toggled on demand. If the number of items falls below the first treshold X, then line one is activated which slowly produces the item until you once again have Y items. If the number of items falls below the second treshold Z, then the second line is also activated, with the result that you produce items faster until you get back up to the first treshold X. Then just the first line continues producing while the second one goes to sleep.

Of course, I may have misunderstood you. Which only underlines the importance of precisely wording logic statements ;)

Nebuchadnezzar

Jul 29, 2019
Neither english nor logic was either my strong side.

If cobble < Z then turn on 2 until cobbe > Y

The the production falls bellow X items it turn on 1 and slowly start producing.
Now if the production walls below Z where Z<X then it should turn on 2.

Neither 1 nor 2 should be turned off untill the level Y has been reached.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Well, so long as you set the logic correctly ingame... I just find it's easy to make building mistakes when I'm not completely clear on the conditions I need to set. Writing the conditions down helps me a lot in my more complex builds.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Everything I've read suggests bee princesses last forever, assuming they lack the (-) symbol that indicates they're from a swarmer or botched inoculation attempt.

This afternoon I noticed that one of my alvearies is empty. It was set up with a minimum fertility princess and drone such that they'd always be piped right back in whenever the queen died, but - it's empty.

It strikes me that that particular princess had probably undergone more breeding cycles then any other in my collection. I don't know how many generations it went through all up, but the next most used princess I have (to my knowledge) is up to 1,588 generations.

Is there an upper limit to how many cycles a regular princess will last? There HAS to be a limit as to how high the counter goes, at the very least. As I'm in SSP, there's no possibility of someone interfering, but I'm open to the possibility that the game simply bugged out and deleted my bees.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Neither english nor logic was either my strong side.

If cobble < Z then turn on 2 until cobbe > Y

The the production falls bellow X items it turn on 1 and slowly start producing.
Now if the production walls below Z where Z<X then it should turn on 2.

Neither 1 nor 2 should be turned off untill the level Y has been reached.
So it is something like that:
http://i.imgur.com/GBjEYwr.png
aqbWPSu.png

Middle emitter emits when cobble >Y, emitters to the side emit when cobble <X and cobble <Y. Output is either those two powered wires, or inverted output through redstone/redstone torches. Output is through those two wires from the side.

Edit: changed design to smaller and with easier access to outputs.

Reactions: un worry

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
...one of my alvearies is empty. It was set up with a minimum fertility princess and drone such that they'd always be piped right back in whenever the queen died, but - it's empty... I'm open to the possibility that the game simply bugged out and deleted my bees.
Buildcraft pipes, presumably? Maybe it popped out for some reason and despawned, is it a pretty simple Apiarist's Pipe loop? Could it be crossing an unloaded chunk boundary? I think when I get around to breeding bees I might rig up an Obsidian pipe with plenty of MJ on it to suck up any popped-out items just in case.

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
How do I resolve:
2013-05-08 08:18:11 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.core.asm.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2013-05-08 08:18:11 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.nei.asm.NEICorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2013-05-08 08:18:11 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] A critical problem occured registering the ASM transformer class cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.DeobfuscationTransformer
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.DeobfuscationTransformer

Rest of Java gobbly-gook in spoiler
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:273)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.registerTransformer(RelaunchClassLoader.java:157)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchLibraryManager.handleLaunch(RelaunchLibraryManager.java:279)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.setupHome(FMLRelauncher.java:172)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.relaunchServer(FMLRelauncher.java:147)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.handleServerRelaunch(FMLRelauncher.java:45)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:1678)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:18)
Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(RelaunchClassLoader.java:387)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:260)
... 9 more
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.FMLSanityChecker
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.setupHome(FMLRelauncher.java:192)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.relaunchServer(FMLRelauncher.java:147)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.handleServerRelaunch(FMLRelauncher.java:45)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:1678)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:18)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.FMLSanityChecker
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchLibraryManager.handleLaunch(RelaunchLibraryManager.java:307)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.setupHome(FMLRelauncher.java:172)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.FMLSanityChecker
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:273)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:266)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchLibraryManager.handleLaunch(RelaunchLibraryManager.java:296)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(RelaunchClassLoader.java:387)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:260)
... 10 more

Information: trying to get mods on 1.5.Running MCPC build 400.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
How do I resolve:
2013-05-08 08:18:11 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.core.asm.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2013-05-08 08:18:11 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.nei.asm.NEICorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2013-05-08 08:18:11 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] A critical problem occured registering the ASM transformer class cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.DeobfuscationTransformer
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.DeobfuscationTransformer
That's not a simple question! Although, it may have a simple answer...

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft pipes, presumably? Maybe it popped out for some reason and despawned, is it a pretty simple Apiarist's Pipe loop? Could it be crossing an unloaded chunk boundary? I think when I get around to breeding bees I might rig up an Obsidian pipe with plenty of MJ on it to suck up any popped-out items just in case.
Yes, buildcraft pipes. An autarchic iron AND gate in a wooden pipe pulls everything out whenever the queen dies (so long as I don't flip a switch to have a redstone signal cut all production), and leads directly into an apiarist pipe that directs the bees back into the alveary and the other items off into my sorting system. Over a dozen other alvearies are linked into the system with the exact same setup.

The area is fully chunk loaded and has worked fine for well over a thousand breeding cycles. The bees are set to minimum fertility (one drone produced per cycle), and these were not my fastest producing or longest living bees (since the gates only suck when the queen dies, some of the alvearies stock up multiple stacks of items between cycles).

The only possibilities I'm aware of are a bug deleting the bees (say I happened to quit out while the bees were being pumped, could that do it?) or something related to the number of life cycles they went through (could easily've been over two thousand, they'd been in there a long time - has anyone got a bee that's done more then 2048 cycles, for eg? What about 4096?).

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
As far as i know there isn;t any limit on the amount of cycles a bee can have. One of my bees had 1700+ cycles before i innoculated it to a other more usefull bee. Then it worked in a alveary for months 24 hours a day. Yes it had longest lifespan but im sure i went well over 2000, and maybe even 4000 cycles.

The only possibility i can think of is indeed a bug with the pipes and the world reloading when there are items in it. I haven't experienced this problem myself while working with 30 alvearies, but it was a 24/7 server so it might be a diffrend case.

If thats not the reason then i would blame general buggyness of something. Be it buildcraft or foresty.. But things can happen. Always make sure you got a serum as backup to replace it.