Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Peeta

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like some age old vanilla bugs there. I gather domestic animals tend to wander into walls, suffocating themselves to death and occasionally glitching through.

Double layered walls seem to help, and crowding should be avoided.

Though frankly you're probably better off just producing a soul shard or some such and being done with the matter.
=/ Yeah, but the point isn't to farm their precious meat and leather, it's for them to make me fertilizer. I suppose I'll try double-thick walls but I cant think of any way to stop them from despawning....

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
=/ Yeah, but the point isn't to farm their precious meat and leather, it's for them to make me fertilizer. I suppose I'll try double-thick walls but I cant think of any way to stop them from despawning....
I thought I had that same problem on an old world of mine. Then I just happened to be around when lightning struck and wiped out my whole herd. Now I'm paranoid about making sure my farms always have a roof of some kind overhead. That's how I got started with my obsession with glass domes.

Peeta

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I had that same problem on an old world of mine. Then I just happened to be around when lightning struck and wiped out my whole herd. Now I'm paranoid about making sure my farms always have a roof of some kind overhead. That's how I got started with my obsession with glass domes.
Haha xD I'm always around when my poor golems are electrocuted :(

Birch_Tree

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to detect online players in FTB Ultimate (latest edition)? I want to build a large RP2 Tunnel bore and turn off the clock while people are online so they don't get lagged out.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Is there any way to detect online players in FTB Ultimate (latest edition)? I want to build a large RP2 Tunnel bore and turn off the clock while people are online so they don't get lagged out.
I think the only thing you could do that would work(If the server is small) is setting a public wireless frequency that would lead to a state cell that would keep the bore off. Only problem with that is you would have to turn it back on or they would.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I broke it but it says under the name:
"4 Overclocker Upgrades"
Stored in NBT data apparently

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Last I knew, you just picked the upgrades up out of their slots and took them away, same as removing any other item from a slot.

If that's changed, then my bet's on the soldering iron.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Then I just happened to be around when lightning struck and wiped out my whole herd.

If you had Thaumcraft installed with lots of flux in the area, that would do it. Same thing happened to me. I'd craft something, dump a ton of flux, head lightning, head out and my herd would be gone. Took a few times of that happening for me to notice two things. One, the beef was cooked thus ruling out suffocation and two, huh, lightning strikes, herd disappears, dere's a clue here Greyed!

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I think its bugged actually. I put 4 OC upgrades on my industrial centrifuge and it keeps saying insufficient energy line. Added the lithium battery upgrade + transformer, still didn't fix it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I think its bugged actually. I put 4 OC upgrades on my industrial centrifuge and it keeps saying insufficient energy line. Added the lithium battery upgrade + transformer, still didn't fix it.

Uh IIRC an electrolyzer with 4 OC's takes like 32k EU/t; nothing less. I doubt you have the power to handle a centrifuge with that many OC's

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm not quite sure about the maths but it might be around 1280 EU/t for a quad-OC industrial centrifuge. Each overclocker is like double speed and quadruple energy draw.

And no, GregTech upgrades cannot be removed, this is apparently by design (from what I gathered from the mod thread).

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So yeah grab a stack of Geo's for that one centrifuge and you'll be good to go. Rofl.

Nebuchadnezzar

Jul 29, 2019
What is the simplest way in ftb to emit a redstone signal when X happens, and keep the pulse until Y happens (RS-Nor latch?) ?
Exactly like this
only using FTB "technology".

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
The simples way in terms of building it, i would say a regulair vanilla RS-NOR latch. Altough a compacter and easyer to use version is a redpower2 RS-NOR latch. Same principle, just in one block and can fit on a wall or roof. But i dislike building RP logic components cause it always leaves me with leftover which i dont ever use.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower2 lets you build logic gates as single blocks and place them even on walls and ceilings. Very convenient.

A toggle latch, for example, is extra convenient because you only need one input, and everytime you pulse it the output toggles.

Nebuchadnezzar

Jul 29, 2019
I did try building it using a RS-Latch from RP2, however this is not the same as a RS-Nor-Latch...
I have fiddled quite a lot around using RP2 using latches, transparent latches, and even a few and gates but nothing seems to come
close to produce a simple circuit as in the video =( I was hoping one had a "complete" solution, instead of just jumping to the conlusion that
Redpower probably has a solution for this.. =(