Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Explain to me like I'm 5 what the two new pipes in TE do. I have a vague idea that I should want to use them, but not what they do so why I would want to use the eludes me.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod in Ultimate 1.1.0 that causes silverfish stone/emerald ores to spawn in places other than stronghold/Extreme hills?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Explain to me like I'm 5 what the two new pipes in TE do. I have a vague idea that I should want to use them, but not what they do so why I would want to use the eludes me.
Insertion pipe: item in insertion pipe will prefer inventories before other pipes, also inventories have priorities (bottom first, top second, etc.)
Redstone pipe: when item travels in pipe it emits redstone signal. Works a lot better than gates, because they check for conditions every 0.5 s.

Reactions: Greyed

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod in Ultimate 1.1.0 that causes silverfish stone/emerald ores to spawn in places other than stronghold/Extreme hills?

I once had that effect in Mindcrack... was it v6? I don't remember, but whatever was the newest version on December 31st, 2012 when I started that world. For some reason, the entire map was treated as an Extreme Hills biome, which meant silverfish and emeralds everywhere, regardless of biome.

I have since started another new world in Mindcrack 8.1, and that world does not show this phenomenon. Weird, considering the mod list pretty much didn't change.

Is Ultimate 1.1.0 maybe running with TE's vanilla ores augment mode active? I know my v6 world had it active, and I'm not sure (not at my computer right now) but my 8.1 world might not have had it active. Can someone check the defaults for that version?

If it is related to that feature, it should be easily reproducable just by turning it on/off and starting a couple new worlds.

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to store music discs? I mean other than just sticking them in chests... sort of like what Bibliocraft does for books... any equivalent?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

I would assume these are from exbl and the biomes they occur in are based on extreme hills.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, except that it happens in all biomes, including all vanilla biomes. Forest, plains, desert, ocean - all of them have silverfish and emeralds.

@Moasseman: yes, I do mean Thermal Expansion. And the "child mods" thing is just a logical sorting in the Minecraft client; out of game TE appears as a single mod, with a single config file.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to store music discs? I mean other than just sticking them in chests... sort of like what Bibliocraft does for books... any equivalent?
Bibliocraft has an array of storage options like shelving and cases which work nicely for any item, but as far as I know there is nothing made specifically for disks.
You could try out the Sonictrons (from Gregtech I think) or there's a Musical Turtle which I think can either place the disks in jukeboxes or play them by itself, but either way has a built-in inventory.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I only know that the Mindcrack 8.1 world I have includes EBXL, and does not show this behavior. That's why I am suspecting TE's vanilla ore generation augmentor, which if memory serves is disabled in 8.1.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Running the Mindcrack pack I have an issue using RP2 retrievers. Basically I have two retrievers connected to my inventory of raw materials. The 1st retriever is set to pull 4 redstone and 1 iron igot (to make red alloy ingot). The 2nd retriever is set to pull 4 redstone and a silicone wafer. The 1st retriever is not being pulsed. If I pulse the the 2nd retriever twice the inventory system pulls the 4 redstone and the wafer. However, because the 1st retriever is the closer the 4 redstone stop there and go into the 1st retriever. The wafer goes the 2nd retriever (the one that asked for it). Any ideas on how to force the items to the correct retriever?

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Running the Mindcrack pack I have an issue using RP2 retrievers. Basically I have two retrievers connected to my inventory of raw materials. The 1st retriever is set to pull 4 redstone and 1 iron igot (to make red alloy ingot). The 2nd retriever is set to pull 4 redstone and a silicone wafer. The 1st retriever is not being pulsed. If I pulse the the 2nd retriever twice the inventory system pulls the 4 redstone and the wafer. However, because the 1st retriever is the closer the 4 redstone stop there and go into the 1st retriever. The wafer goes the 2nd retriever (the one that asked for it). Any ideas on how to force the items to the correct retriever?
Do you have a picture? It's a bit hard to visualise your setup but I think you could use a restriction tube or a painted tube.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Put an inline transposer in front of the first retriever. It will act as a valve that will refuse to let items pass if it receives a redstone signal. So if you want to have the second retriever pull stuff, activate a redstone signal on the transposer and no item will go through the first retriever.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Do you have a picture? It's a bit hard to visualise your setup but I think you could use a restriction tube or a painted tube.

Sure... See the pic below. As for the restriction tube all it does is reverse the problem.

Omicron... I will try the transposer.

2013-05-10_12.35.36.png

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Sure... See the pic below. As for the restriction tube all it does is reverse the problem.

Omicron... I will try the transposer.

2013-05-10_12.35.36.png
What you need to do is use clever positioning to put the two alloy furnaces at equal distances, wether with buffers or anything else you want. Unfortunately this will split things with a proportion of 50/50 so in practice you won't get perfect odds. I would recommend you to use a sorting machine instead; on the right setting it would be perfect for the job.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
What you need to do is use clever positioning to put the two alloy furnaces at equal distances, wether with buffers or anything else you want. Unfortunately this will split things with a proportion of 50/50 so in practice you won't get perfect odds. I would recommend you to use a sorting machine instead; on the right setting it would be perfect for the job.

The problem is I'm trying to create a JIT inventory/crafting system. That will only craft what needs crafting. So I need the raw materials delivered to the correct location. As for the sorting machine it will not work for what I have in mind. It is good for sorting my raw inventory from a quarry and process the raw ore into ingots. However, my plan is to expand on what you see so I can end line items (for example an ultimate solar panel) automatically without wasting a lot of resources.

The other side of this bank of machines is a turtle for each machine that maintains a certain amount of inventory. For example the turtle that maintains the red alloy ingots has at least two stacks of ingots. If the number drops below 2 stacks it pulses the retriever to have replacement items made. The setup you see in the pic works with the xycraft fabricator as well as other machines. My only problem is getting the raw materials to the correct retriever.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is I'm trying to create a JIT inventory/crafting system. That will only craft what needs crafting. So I need the raw materials delivered to the correct location. As for the sorting machine it will not work for what I have in mind. It is good for sorting my raw inventory from a quarry and process the raw ore into ingots. However, my plan is to expand on what you see so I can end line items (for example an ultimate solar panel) automatically without wasting a lot of resources.

The other side of this bank of machines is a turtle for each machine that maintains a certain amount of inventory. For example the turtle that maintains the red alloy ingots has at least two stacks of ingots. If the number drops below 2 stacks it pulses the retriever to have replacement items made. The setup you see in the pic works with the xycraft fabricator as well as other machines. My only problem is getting the raw materials to the correct retriever.

Other than seperating the tube lines, I don't see much of a solution if you don't want to paint the tubes.
If you were willing to completely redo your system AE would be a good idea, but i'm not good enough at RP to help you anymore than this :p