Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Q: How do I drain a Liquid Transposer into a Portable Tank? I can occasionally manage to get it right, by just clicking randomly on stuff until it works but I have no idea what combination of colours actually gets it to work.

The Liquid Transposser from Thermal Expansion can Output the Liquid to the red Side.
You can change the sides when you click the little extra Window on the right, when you are in the GUI of the machine. It also changes the Colors inside the GUI so you can see what everything means.
You need to set the red Output to any side you want, to Output Liquid out of it.

But the Portable Tank only accepts Liquid from the Top or bottom. You have to place it there or connect Pipes/liqueducts to it.
ALSO, you need to change the mode on the Portable tank. Simple with right click it with a Wrench. (Blue taking In - Orange putting Out)

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
How do I open up a ftb world with mcedit? My world's crashing and I think I know why and how to fix it, but I need to load up my world in mcedit to do so.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Don't bother, MCEdit is extremely poorly equipped to handle mod blocks these days and has been ever since the block ID limit was extended past 256. It's guaranteed to cause more damage than it fixes.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Don't bother, MCEdit is extremely poorly equipped to handle mod blocks these days and has been ever since the block ID limit was extended past 256. It's guaranteed to cause more damage than it fixes.
Is there any alternative? I can't even load up my world and I've put a lot of work into it.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I used MCEdit DEV! version with modded worlds without any problems so far (deleting broken mod blocks, moving base, deleting chunks). Stable release don't support blocks with IDs>256, but dev version don't have this issue (it will light it wrong and display as a pink squares, but works). So just backup your world, download MCEdit 0.1.7 and start editing.

Reactions: Velotican

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I used MCEdit DEV! version with modded worlds without any problems so far (deleting broken mod blocks, moving base, deleting chunks). Stable release don't support blocks with IDs>256, but dev version don't have this issue (it will light it wrong and display as a pink squares, but works). So just backup your world, download MCEdit 0.1.7 and start editing.
Very important part emphasized.

Here's one for you geniuses here, I know someone knows, what causes chunk errors, and how do I avoid them? They're easy enough to fix in SSP (just relog), but they're really screwing up my long-distance high-speed rail. Nearly every time I hop in a minecart and go down the line, I run into a chunk error. It's not game-breaking but it's really a PITA.

Reactions: Zjarek_S

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012

Here's one for you geniuses here, I know someone knows, what causes chunk errors, and how do I avoid them? They're easy enough to fix in SSP (just relog), but they're really screwing up my long-distance high-speed rail. Nearly every time I hop in a minecart and go down the line, I run into a chunk error. It's not game-breaking but it's really a PITA.
You're talking about the invisible lines of chunks, right? Where you can see straight down into the void and you can see the ores in the walls and stuff?

That's actually a vanilla bug. Forge tried to fix it but it didn't work as far as I know. Usually minecarts can travel straight through them though.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
As pointed out. The Gaps in the world sort of chunk errors that can be fixed by reloging is a vanilla thing its a bug with rendering and there really is not many ways to avoid it and why it happens is still not really fully understood.

If your talking about chunk errors like chunk resets or bad chunk can not load world now sort of things. Those are issues with diffent mods or mod interactions and that is also hard to tell you how to advoid them. Some are known like the RP2 Manager bug when editing the filter while the Manager is running. Just check out the reletive source of mods you use and you can normaly find a thread, wiki, or gethub with a list of known issues of those.

Stilleraben

Jul 29, 2019
So, simple question simple answer eh? my question is... is it possible for the devs to release the configs for their forgecraft 2 server? to make it easier for the impatient ones who will go out and find all the mods, but have issues remapping item id conflicts....

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
You're talking about the invisible lines of chunks, right? Where you can see straight down into the void and you can see the ores in the walls and stuff?

That's actually a vanilla bug. Forge tried to fix it but it didn't work as far as I know. Usually minecarts can travel straight through them though.
As pointed out. The Gaps in the world sort of chunk errors that can be fixed by reloging is a vanilla thing its a bug with rendering and there really is not many ways to avoid it and why it happens is still not really fully understood.

If your talking about chunk errors like chunk resets or bad chunk can not load world now sort of things. Those are issues with diffent mods or mod interactions and that is also hard to tell you how to advoid them. Some are known like the RP2 Manager bug when editing the filter while the Manager is running. Just check out the reletive source of mods you use and you can normaly find a thread, wiki, or gethub with a list of known issues of those.
Yea, it's the line of invisible chunks error from vanilla. Will keeping the chunks loaded prevent them? Never actually witnessed a chunk reset. *finds some wood to knock on*

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So, simple question simple answer eh? my question is... is it possible for the devs to release the configs for their forgecraft 2 server? to make it easier for the impatient ones who will go out and find all the mods, but have issues remapping item id conflicts....

Not sure they would do that since a lot of it is testing and migth change mulitple times in a few days.

You can force load the most recent test build in the luancher just click on the drop down that currently says "recomended" and you will many times see the dev builds like the 1.0.2 for unltimate.[DOUBLEPOST=1368303328][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea, it's the line of invisible chunks error from vanilla. Will keeping the chunks loaded prevent them? Never actually witnessed a chunk reset. *finds some wood to knock on*

Nope. Its all a rendering issue and can actually sometimes happen to a chunk you are looking right at (though normaly a block update tiggers it). Totaly antidocital it seems to happen more on servers then on singel player and I'm sure it has to do with the chunks being sent to the client for rendering. But that is mostly guessing. And to be honest it only effects the player. Reloging fixes it. And anything not the player (minecarts, animals, power lines) work and run through the missing chunk with out issues so over all it is not earth shattering as a bugs go.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
This topic is more for questions about FTB, rather than Forgecraft.

But I'll answer anyway: I doubt it. For one thing, the Forgecraft servers (especially Forgecraft 2) use bleeding-edge development versions of mods, so using their configs with the mods that are publicly available right now will probably cause bad things to happen.

ID conflicts are easy to fix. Just launch Minecraft, find out what conflicts, and change one of them to make them not conflict. Rinse and repeat.

Or just do the crazy thing that I did, and manually remap all the block and item IDs to be two single contiguous lists. Then when you add mods or updates with new items, you just tack them on to the end of the lists.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You need to set the red Output to any side you want, to Output Liquid out of it.
ALSO, you need to change the mode on the Portable tank. Simple with right click it with a Wrench. (Blue taking In - Orange putting Out)
Nope, red doesn't work. Red is for items I think like filled Redstone Energy Conduits.

Ah, got it. Set top to orange/yellow, and click the bucket to "empty" mode. Set bottom of tank to blue.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Nope. Its all a rendering issue and can actually sometimes happen to a chunk you are looking right at (though normaly a block update tiggers it). Totaly antidocital it seems to happen more on servers then on singel player and I'm sure it has to do with the chunks being sent to the client for rendering. But that is mostly guessing. And to be honest it only effects the player. Reloging fixes it. And anything not the player (minecarts, animals, power lines) work and run through the missing chunk with out issues so over all it is not earth shattering as a bugs go.
If you can fly (either in Creative mode or with one of the many tech or magic methods), you can get over the chunk just fine as long as you're above all of the blocks that are supposed to be there. The issue is that the client thinks the chunk is empty, while the server knows it's not. So when you walk into it, your client thinks you're falling while the server knows you're not. Or if there's a block in the way, your client thinks you walk through it while the server knows it's in the way. So you get stuck in some kind of infinite loop.

Basically, it's a sync issue, which is why relogging fixes it.

The weirdest thing about it is that it happens in SSP too. Nobody really seems to know why yet.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019

The only way to avoid them is by chunkloading the whole rail.
But they won't affect you in any way as long as you stay in the cart (although it looks a bit scary floating over nothingness) so you could just put up with it if you want to avoid the lag.

Jul 29, 2019
Q: as far as i know, i should be able to collect souls from a spawner into an empty soul shard by right-clicking it
for some reason this isnt working for me
has something changed or am i doing it wrong?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Q: as far as i know, i should be able to collect souls from a spawner into an empty soul shard by right-clicking it
for some reason this isnt working for me
has something changed or am i doing it wrong?

I belive you need the shard to be keyed with 1 soul before it will pull 200 from the spawner.