Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Apr 21, 2020
i have a personal modpack that i am building and i am not sure what mod is preventing all passive, mobs from spawning except for villagers as well as netrual mobs and hostile overworld mobs from spawning. I ported the modpack to another laptop and the mobs appeared in the world. i have 277 mods including the libaries and needed api's installed and cannot pinpoint what is causing the problem. any help or advice on what is causing this issue would be great. (Note my other laptop has 32GB RAM and the one having issues with mob spawning has 16GB RAM no changes were made to spawning rules so please don't tell me use the mob spawning gamerule)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: FTB Interactions
Item: Healing Fragment (from Animus mod)
Note: This item has a rather unique feature - it cannot be moved once it is in your inventory.
I was raiding a dungeon and broke two chests that contained these fragments, and they didn't stack, so I've lost two inventory slots permanently, one of them being hot bar slot #5. This is absolutely unacceptable. Who thought this item was a good idea? LOL
Question: How can I remove these items from my inventory? I'm playing offline SSP so I should be able to try any method suggested. Thanks.

Resolved: Creative mode allows them to be dragged to the trash can and deleted. However, creative mode doesn't allow stacking for this item so I can't stack them myself and put them in a non-hotbar slot. Oh well.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
modpack: FTB Interactions v1.9.1

Why was the choice made to NOT utilize "Crystalized Menril Chunks" for making Menril Resin in this modpack?

Instead, it was decided to create a new item using ContentTweaker called "Menril Crystal". This item is created by running Menril Logs thru a Gregtech Extractor, and then the Menril Csystal is run thru a Gregtech Centrifuge to make Menril Resin.

Because of the emphasis on coke ovens, a Menril Tree farm donates all its wood to the charcoal -> coal coke processing. There's no wood left over for making these ContentTweaker "Menril Crystals". So we need to make the tree farm even bigger to accomodate two production lines.

And meanwhile, the tree farm is producing tens of thousands of an already-existing item, the "Crystalized Menril Chunks", which could have then been used to make Menril Resin somehow.

There is no other use in the modpack for these Crystalized Menril Chunks, and they are produced by the tens of thousands. I have already filled a Cache (holding 20K items) from running the tree farm to feed my coke ovens. It's very sad to realize I have to void all these items and make even more Menril Wood. It doesn't seem logical to me.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If you're looking to play like a modpack online, you're in a bit of a situation. Every person who wants to play should have purchased a copy of Minecraft; in addition to this you need some sort of server to play on. In theory, if one persons computer is powerful enough, it could run a server itself. You can find instructions on how to do that.

Srslyhamerd

Jun 25, 2020
I am trying to figure out a way to view all available modpacks in the FTB app. At the moment it only shows the same four packs in the "trending"/"new"/etc. tabs. It seems like, unless you already know the name of the pack you are looking for, you won't really find it. Due to the four character search limit I've been entering FTB (A-Z/0-9) one at a time... Is there a better way that i'm missing?

EpsilonTheta

Jul 20, 2020
Hello! I'm trying to make a ship via Davinci's Vessels and use parts from IC2 on the ship, but by default adding IC2 parts seems to kill the ship. I found the whitelist/blacklist for DV (well, for Moving World but DV uses it) but I'm not sure where to find the information on IC2's blocks to add them to the whitelist.

I'd like to add a couple blocks from ICBM Classic and Open Modular Turrets as well but I figured IC2 was a good start. I've googled and googled but I haven't found anything helpful so far, but it at least led me here. Anyone have a clue?

Knuckles

Jul 21, 2020
Hello. I'm trying to connect multiple Disk drives to my Controller. I dont know how this works (i tried it with cables and stuff like that, and i dont found something in the internet). Iam playing Skyfactory 3

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Hello. I'm trying to connect multiple Disk drives to my Controller. I dont know how this works (i tried it with cables and stuff like that, and i dont found something in the internet). Iam playing Skyfactory 3
Do you have power connected to the system?

Self-Proclaimed_SJW

Jul 23, 2020
I suppose this is a common thing, but as a newbie in FTB who just started playing the Revelation modpack I would like to improve my in game performance and I wonder if the poor piece of junk that I call my PC isn't the limit :
  1. Intel Core i7-3770 3.40 GHz (7 years old, never taken out of the socket, no thermal paste added)
  2. 8 GB (7 y.o. as well)
  3. GTX 1060 3GB twin cooler by msi (2 y.o. no special adjustments, checking drivers from time to time)
If it isn't, then what tweaks other than OptiFine would improve my overall performance and stability?

Cheers!

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft 1.7.10 - what blocks are useful for blocking taint? or is there a list I can go look at? I tried looking in the configs but couldn't find a list.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Thaumcraft 1.7.10 - what blocks are useful for blocking taint? or is there a list I can go look at? I tried looking in the configs but couldn't find a list.

As far as I know, there isn't one. You have to be wary of taint, and try like hell not to spawn some. If you do, research your way to being able to clean it up, and or use some of the flowers that spawn around Thaumcraft trees. IIRC they will hold back taint.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, there isn't one. You have to be wary of taint, and try like hell not to spawn some. If you do, research your way to being able to clean it up, and or use some of the flowers that spawn around Thaumcraft trees. IIRC they will hold back taint.

Great advice, except I'm playing Iskandar's Atonement Sins of the past... not really an option to head it off at the past. I know glass works but sand is in very very short supply. I'll keep looking.

EternallyForgott

Aug 4, 2020
I have a question regarding the Omina pack. I have two comps that i have different mods on cause one is poo and one is not. Omnia on the good computer spawned this amazing village that i really wanted to do something with in creative but i dont have the amount of time on that one that is needed. I have on my poo comp biomes o plenty and valhasia structures but unfortunately there is another one that deals with village spawns as the same seed yielded the same village the same terrain but like a quarter of the original village houses. Just wondering if anyone knows offhand which mods deal with village spawn so i may have a copy of that village. (unless theres a way to just transfer the save over idk where to look in the folders for that.) sorry for my book lol

Denniss

Aug 24, 2020
Hi. Can I use the arugments presented in this reddit post in the FTB launcher? In this post he warns that non-vanilla launches may not launch minecraft properly w/ these custom arguments present. Reddit Post

If not, what arguemnts do yall recommend I use to maximize my performance w/ FTB?

Dalarielus

Jun 9, 2020
Hi! I'm looking into running FTB Revelation with SpongeForge, but I'm reading about incompatibilities between FTBUtils and Sponge.

Assuming I can use other mods to handle perms, warps and such, would there be any serious consequences to removing FTBUtils?

Would I be breaking anything major that I haven't thought about?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Gazimir

Sep 9, 2020
Hey,
I made an account just for this.
I am planning on starting on FTB Sky Adventures, but I didn't see any Veinminer (or alternative) in the mod list.
Does it have a way (from the get go) to gather large amounts at once? If yes, what's it called and what is the default hotkey to active this?

(If it would not have the option, I guess I'll have to look for another modpack, cuz no Veinminer just hurts too much)

Greetings,

Gazimir

mastice

Sep 28, 2020
Morning All!

A couple of quick question: I'm running the FTB Ultimate Reloaded on my server and I would like to adjust the ore spawn rates. Specifically the modded ores like copper, tin, silver, lead, etc. I did do some searches on this topic and found some information that maybe those are being controlled within the modpack under the COFH folder (is that correct?). If not where can I find those? I tried to edit the files in the COFH folder to adjust spawn rates but it didn't seem to take hold on my server even after a reset of the world. (yes I know a change wouldn't affect already spawned chunks, only new ones so that is why I restarted the world) Is it not working because I need to put that file into my single player client as well? Or does the server ore spawn rate transfer over automatically?

Thanks for any and all help over this! I do apologize if this has been asked repeatedly but I didn't find the information through a forum search. :(

-Mastice

f0xx3r

Oct 12, 2020
Hey!

Will there be a newer Version of FTB Infinity Evoled SkyBlock (Expert) ?
Like for MC 1.12.2/1.15 or higher....

Or does a Mod Pack exists with the same mods or more what is pretty much close / same / similar pace of gameplay to FTB IE Skyblock.

Greetings

f0x