Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Finally built my new system after my old Frankenputer decided to melt itself into slag. Now to figure out what's happened since I've been away. Been tinkering with a 1.12 pack to get back into the swing, but I've been considering 1.14.

So questions:
1) How stable are things in 1.14?

2) Does Create (looks fantastic from what little I've seen) have any sort of automated lumber? I've seen crop support, but I haven't seen lumberjack and that's kind of a big deal for me.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The storage bus is acting as a connector to the main network, if I remove it then the light goes out. Is it nor possible to use interfaces this manner, to set up a subnet that detects the items in the interface?

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-6_19-18-21.png
    upload_2020-1-6_19-18-21.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 126

Veruuk

Jan 6, 2020
I am finally reaching the final parts of ic2. gonna try to get a mass fabricator up and running. I have currently 5x 420 eu/t reactors. dunno if it will be enough, but I can probably make more.

Anyway my question is simple. I have 3 powered recyclers, and a bunch of igneous extruder to fill up my me system with scrap. Then I have an interface with 6 molecular assembler's to create scrap boxes, the problem is that I want the interface to automaticly turn ALL scrap into scrap boxes. I dont want to have to order x amount of scrap boxes. How can I do this?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I am finally reaching the final parts of ic2. gonna try to get a mass fabricator up and running. I have currently 5x 420 eu/t reactors. dunno if it will be enough, but I can probably make more.

Anyway my question is simple. I have 3 powered recyclers, and a bunch of igneous extruder to fill up my me system with scrap. Then I have an interface with 6 molecular assembler's to create scrap boxes, the problem is that I want the interface to automaticly turn ALL scrap into scrap boxes. I dont want to have to order x amount of scrap boxes. How can I do this?
First of all, big props on posting the 33000th post on here :D

Second, are you looking to have a backlog of scrapboxes? I ask because if you have a crafting card on an export bus and tell it to export scrapboxes, then it will keep requesting the crafting of them as long as it can export.

Out of curiosity, why are you making scrapboxes?

Veruuk

Jan 6, 2020

Second, are you looking to have a backlog of scrapboxes? I ask because if you have a crafting card on an export bus and tell it to export scrapboxes, then it will keep requesting the crafting of them as long as it can export.

ah ok I will try that then thanks! I need scrapboxes to feed my mass fabricator for more efficiency

Veruuk

Jan 6, 2020

well actually that didnt work? where would I put this export bus with the crafting card?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
well actually that didnt work? where would I put this export bus with the crafting card?
Oh! Hmm that should work? It should go onto wherever you want the scrapboxes to go, and the crafting card should go into it. If you tell it to export scrapboxes, it should tell the system to craft them if there aren’t any to export, I don’t know why it wouldn’t be! Also, my understanding was that scrapboxes give your 9x the boost that scrap does - which is exactly the cost to make them, so there is no benefit; I may be wrong there though

Veruuk

Jan 6, 2020
Oh! Hmm that should work? It should go onto wherever you want the scrapboxes to go, and the crafting card should go into it. If you tell it to export scrapboxes, it should tell the system to craft them if there aren’t any to export, I don’t know why it wouldn’t be! Also, my understanding was that scrapboxes give your 9x the boost that scrap does - which is exactly the cost to make them, so there is no benefit; I may be wrong there though
yeah i dont think there is a benefit either, but from previous experience which is long ago. the mass fabricator needs such a big amount of scrap that feeding it as scrap box is much more efficient to even be able to keep it stacked up with scrap.

I tried to put an export bus to my ME drive with the crafting card and scrap box in it, but it did not work. I will try to put it onto the mass fabricator itself once my setup is done. if not I may just use regular scrap I guess.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
yeah i dont think there is a benefit either, but from previous experience which is long ago. the mass fabricator needs such a big amount of scrap that feeding it as scrap box is much more efficient to even be able to keep it stacked up with scrap.

I tried to put an export bus to my ME drive with the crafting card and scrap box in it, but it did not work. I will try to put it onto the mass fabricator itself once my setup is done. if not I may just use regular scrap I guess.
Ah, that does make sense - the ME system performs a craft request for it if it’s not already present in the system, otherwise its just moving it. By exporting into the Mass Fab, you’re removing it from the system, thus triggers crafting.

Veruuk

Jan 6, 2020
Ah, that does make sense - the ME system performs a craft request for it if it’s not already present in the system, otherwise its just moving it. By exporting into the Mass Fab, you’re removing it from the system, thus triggers crafting.
I did not manage to make the crafting card work towards then mass fabritator either. maybe some error on my part. the good news however is that scrapboxes was totally overkill. it doesn't deplete with regular scrap at all. as long as you got two accellerator cards in the export bus feeding regular scrap :D so my setup is ready now. I just hope I will not overflow my system with too much cobblestone, and that my 5 reactors will be able to grant me enough iridium to create some powerful solar panels before I run out of uranium :D

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I did not manage to make the crafting card work towards then mass fabritator either. maybe some error on my part. the good news however is that scrapboxes was totally overkill. it doesn't deplete with regular scrap at all. as long as you got two accellerator cards in the export bus feeding regular scrap :D so my setup is ready now. I just hope I will not overflow my system with too much cobblestone, and that my 5 reactors will be able to grant me enough iridium to create some powerful solar panels before I run out of uranium :D
Ah that’s annoying - I could have sworn that crafting card thing worked! I’m glad you managed to get it all sorted out :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I solved my problem:
upload_2020-1-10_17-47-34.png

Interface keeps 3 dust in stock, item conduit with Limited Item Filter keeps 3 in the crate, and same again on the other side to extract and export with Limited Item Filter. So my Electrolyzer is only ever fed with the right number of dusts and never gets part filled and stuck.

glemoyn

Jan 9, 2020
Is there a simple way to update the forge version on a FTB Pack? We are currently playing on a server using the Direwolf20 1.12.2 modpack, but we want to update the mods in that server to be the latest updates, but this needs the latest version of forge.

Sorry if there was an answer to this question, I went through some pages looking to see if it was there, but didnt see one.

Reactions: 1 person

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Good day!

I am running a custom 1.14.4 pack. It includes iron jetpacks. According to JEI, my jetpack should be able to be enchanted with protection and thorns. But, nothing shows up in an enchanting table and it won't let me combine it with a book in an anvil.

Is there some other method other than commands?

dex7491

Jul 29, 2019
Question about updating a world: is it *possible* to update a FTB modpack world to a newer version of Minecraft? Basically there's a house I've been working on for a long time and I don't want to lose it, but I'd like to update from 1.12.2 to 1.14 for both the Minecraft updates and also the newer additions that 1.14 mods have. I know I'd need to delete chunks to bring the updates closer to me from my starting point as well as probably remove any modded blocks that aren't carried over in the newer modpack. What else would I need to do, or would updating just *break* the world, and it's better to either start from scratch or WorldEdit the house into a new world?

Thank you for any help at all.

dex7491

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way to update the forge version on a FTB Pack? We are currently playing on a server using the Direwolf20 1.12.2 modpack, but we want to update the mods in that server to be the latest updates, but this needs the latest version of forge.

Sorry if there was an answer to this question, I went through some pages looking to see if it was there, but didnt see one.

I literally posted at the same time as you with the same question haha, and same circumstances. Here's hoping we get an answer.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Possible? Yes. But can be messy if you don't know what you're doing. Gotta make sure every mod you're trying to run works with that version first. Any mods that don't make it, the existing blocks in the world will end up being deleted, etc. But yes, it's possible. Depending on your host company, you pretty much just replace the main file

dex7491

Jul 29, 2019
Possible? Yes. But can be messy if you don't know what you're doing. Gotta make sure every mod you're trying to run works with that version first. Any mods that don't make it, the existing blocks in the world will end up being deleted, etc. But yes, it's possible. Depending on your host company, you pretty much just replace the main file

I'm hosting the server on my own computer, so I am guessing I would just backup the server/map folders elsewhere, then clean as much modded blocks as possible from the areas I want to keep, then delete chunks around those areas as well, then update and hope for the best?

Thank you for the fast response!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Anyone have a link to a tutorial on how to set up the Thaumcraft 6 Essentia Centrifuge? Essentia keeps clogging up the pipes, and I can't for the love of me remember how to set it up.

EDIT: Essentia Buffer.... /facepalm... may help if I read a bit further into the book...

Place the buffer on the top of the Centrifuge add pipes and jars... profit..

Last edited:

IAmMaypleSyrup

Jan 12, 2020
Hey! So, my laptop has a descrite gpu and a intergrated gpu. Primarily I'd like my minecraft to use the discrete gpu. The discrete graphics is a AMD R7M360 and it uses the software such as Adrenaline 2020. I've added all the java.exe in the adrenaline controls and it still won't use the discrete. The adrenaline doesn't have any power options and it doesn't have a catalyst control center. Plus, I've actually disabled the inetergrated in the past to force it to use the discrete, but it wouldn't recognise my AMD GPU.

How do I fix this?

My Specs;
Ram -16 GB Ram
CPU - i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60Ghz 2.80Ghz
GPU - AMD R7M360