Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
S

Suntanned Duck2

Is it ok to make a thread based around Modloaders other than Forge? Like for Fabric and linking to the FTB wiki entry on it but also stating and updating posts with updated or newly created mods related to that Modloader and giving users help with video tutorials and assistance also if they need it. Basically a Forum based wiki but with posts being for mod updates and assisting other users/newcomers to that Modloader? Just curious. I did this on the MCForums but due to the fact it's archiving I need a new place to do this since I don't have any others that suit the way I do things.

Reactions: LordPINE

GamerwithnoGame

Forum Addict
Jan 29, 2015
Is it ok to make a thread based around Modloaders other than Forge? Like for Fabric and linking to the FTB wiki entry on it but also stating and updating posts with updated or newly created mods related to that Modloader and giving users help with video tutorials and assistance also if they need it. Basically a Forum based wiki but with posts being for mod updates and assisting other users/newcomers to that Modloader? Just curious. I did this on the MCForums but due to the fact it's archiving I need a new place to do this since I don't have any others that suit the way I do things.
I mean, I really don't see any reason why not! That sounds incredibly useful actually. There are mods available on Curseforge for 1.14 I think, and I'm pretty sure you need Fabric for those. Not sure where the best place for it on here would be, but it sounds like a good idea!

Maybe under General - Chat - General Discussions?

Reactions: LordPINE
S

Suntanned Duck2

@GamerwithnoGame Thanks for the help/response, I still have yet to learn my way around these forums, but this idea was a huge help for users last time I did it due to finding info on them not being too easy sometimes (like GitHub or odd tutorials) and finding a Discord for a Modloader isn't for everyone if they don't find the invite link. Accessing information being accessible some other way just seemed right (that and it helped myself besides many others when I got the idea to do it in the first place) but yeah finding a good place for it seemed to be tough for me hence why I asked, that and due to not having enough posts to apply links let since I'm a little short of being able to do that yet. Either way, can't wait to get started, again. Time for a 2.0 I guess.

I'd link my past threads for evidence of what I mean/do but I can't due to the 5 posts rules so just look up MCForums and put either Fabric Discussion Thread, Rift Discussion thread or Tesla Discussion thread and you'll find them with a lot of views and posts due to mod updating or the traffic it has.

Last edited:

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
This really shouldn't ever happen in the game. Typically, the modpack creator would manually change one of the recipes to something slightly different in order to prevent this conflict. Are you playing one of the major modpacks, or did you put it together yourself?
It's a modpack I made for myself. I'm not interested in going in and changing recipes just for me. The mod NoMoreRecipeConflict is perfect for my needs. Thanks.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's always something with minecraft.

No idea why at all, but now when I launch minecraft, if I go into full screen mode, it looks like I'm trying to run it at 4k on a monitor that can do 720. I have quadruple checked my desktop is set to 4k. Minecraft is set to be at desktop resolution.

Even the launch screen (via MMC, set to a small window) is all zoomed in when in windowed mode. I can run the game in windowed mode, too, but it looks like it's rendering at like 720.

Nothing else looks weird on my PC at all, it's just minecraft. Any ideas?

This is still happening and it makes NO SENSE! lol

Anyone have any fresh ideas on how I can even word this in google? I've gotten absolutely no where. This just started happening on day and nothing makes sense!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's not the GUI, I can only see a tiny corner of the screen. I can't even SEE the GUI (well, the top right corner of a couple of the boxes)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Gotcha. To be fair, I had the same problem as matches your description thereof, and GUI Scale addressed it. I don't actually properly picture what it is you're seeing. Would a screenshot help, or still useless due to lack of, well, scale?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
A picture would be worth like 990 more words:

When I go full screen, what's in that box is all I see. Edit: and to be clear, what's in that box fills up the whole screen like it's zoomed in.

It's like it thinks my desktop is running at like 720ish

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Gotcha. To be fair, I had the same problem as matches your description thereof, and GUI Scale addressed it. I don't actually properly picture what it is you're seeing. Would a screenshot help, or still useless due to lack of, well, scale?
No, I appreciate the attempt. It well could have been the way I was explaining it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Which mod turns rain into a small cube with a spreading animation on landing? Need to disable that effect, overrides Dynamic Surroundings. I updated a ton of mods, and that started happening.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Which mod turns rain into a small cube with a spreading animation on landing? Need to disable that effect, overrides Dynamic Surroundings. I updated a ton of mods, and that started happening.
Fancy Block Particles. It might be abbreviated FBP

I run this and dynamic surroundings simultaneously with no issues, though.

Reactions: Golrith
S

Suntanned Duck2

Anyone know how to get past the 5 posts and not have the restriction still on you? (Stupid to say I know but hear me out). I have posted more than 5 but until now (after just posting this one it change to 6?) but for some reason it was still not updating. What counts as a post and what doesn't then or is it just the system updating isn't catching up? My guess was more so towards if the user had posted in multiple threads instead of just the same thread once or twice but now I have no clue.

And I can't post an image to show evidence. Sigh what is this.

Should I report this or create a new account instead? Other than not using the account since 2017 until now I'm unsure why this is happening. Do I need staff approval or something instead of it just reaching 6 posts and updating to remove the restriction?

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Fancy Block Particles. It might be abbreviated FBP

I run this and dynamic surroundings simultaneously with no issues, though.
Thanks, I never even considered this mod. While I love the block break particles, the rain blobs just don't appeal to me.

S

Suntanned Duck2

@Golrith EDITED: Ok... so I posted this now and it ticks over to 7 posts but I also just tweaked my settings for the timezone and the 'people can see things your viewing' options and the restriction message is gone (posted a link in the thread I wanted to and I still get a caution message for posting links but not a restriction as in on the main forum page stating the 5 posts message)? Is there a 6 = 5 posts and 7 = 6 situation in their code or is this a weird bug?

Last edited:

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Is there a mod that, if two items have the same crafting recipe, lets you choose which item to craft?
The Worktable from Forestry For Minecraft does this. What I use it for the most is with the various metals from all the different mods (6 different tin ingots, 7 different coppers, etc., most with their own blocks). I can use the Worktable to craft any block from any ingot of that type or vice versa.

I'm sure it works for instances of unique items sharing a recipe because of mod recipe conflicts, but I haven't run into it since I'm playing through Infinity Evolved, and they were pretty clean with their mod integration.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
This is still happening and it makes NO SENSE! lol

Anyone have any fresh ideas on how I can even word this in google? I've gotten absolutely no where. This just started happening on day and nothing makes sense!
Are you running Windows 10? It has an option in the display settings for zooming in apps, and I've had it conflict with some projection software recently. When I set it to 100%, the projection software took up only a portion of the screen instead of the whole thing, so I had to set it to 125% for the software to use the entire screen.

You can get to that by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting "Display Properties." I think the setting is about halfway down, but I'm on a computer running 8.1 right now and can't confirm.

Reactions: Drbretto

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
FTB Infinity Evolved: Expert Mode.

I've been trying to make an arcane infuser for the last several sessions, but it refuses to initiate. I noticed at one point that the recipe listed athaumium-capped scepter, but that didn't work either. I later noticed the scepter was filled, which was 150 vis, but I want to use the big ichorium scepter instead. I finally filled that with 150 of each vis, but it's still not infusing.

My only thought is that it might require a filled scepter, which would take freaking forever for this scepter. Anyone know for sure what the requirements are for this recipe?

***EDIT***
I decided to test this out, so I'm currently charging up an ichorium maxed wand to full, but I don't know of a way to creative-max a wand, so I just set up the max size of node stabilizers with nodes around a recharge pedestal and am just breaking and replacing them as they deplete.

Does anyone know of a way to auto-charge a wand in creative mode? I'm sure this will wrap up before anyone gets back to me, but I'd like to not have to go through all this again in future if I ever need one of these for testing.
***/EDIT***

Last edited: