Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Did anyone else notice that both of the AgSkies packs got overhauled this past week? :eek:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Did anyone else notice that both of the AgSkies packs got overhauled this past week? :eek:
there actually was a Reddit post about it , lots of reworking apparently went into it because of various issues including a fatal hqm one from back in the day

Sage of Souls

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but I guess I should've clarified. There are two modular force field mods. One that uses Forcicium and one that uses Fortron. The one that uses Forcicium, the current MFFS for 1.12.2, has been consistently updated, but the Fortron one, the one that I've only seen in Unleashed, which is 1.5.2, doesn't appear to have been updated since. Is there a way to go through and update the Fortron one to 1.12.2 with little programming knowledge? Or is that something I need to know Java (or JavaScript, I don't know which one Minecraft uses) in order to do?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks, but I guess I should've clarified. There are two modular force field mods. One that uses Forcicium and one that uses Fortron. The one that uses Forcicium, the current MFFS for 1.12.2, has been consistently updated, but the Fortron one, the one that I've only seen in Unleashed, which is 1.5.2, doesn't appear to have been updated since. Is there a way to go through and update the Fortron one to 1.12.2 with little programming knowledge? Or is that something I need to know Java (or JavaScript, I don't know which one Minecraft uses) in order to do?

You'd not only need to know Java, you'd also need the permission of the mod-maker, unless you're a) starting from scratch or b) they've made their code publicly available. And if this is the one you mean, it looks like it's closed source now.

Sage of Souls

Jul 29, 2019
You'd not only need to know Java, you'd also need the permission of the mod-maker, unless you're a) starting from scratch or b) they've made their code publicly available. And if this is the one you mean, it looks like it's closed source now.
Looks like I'm out of luck, then. I also hear Java's a pain in the *** to learn/write, too.

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
to top 1.7.10 on the all-time best eras

What?!?! 1.7.10 is the worst Minecraft version ever, bugged as hell. Just think about it; we needed all kind of fixer mods for both MC and for JAVA too. Maybe your nostalgia glass is broken too, like that version of MC. :D
I literally stopped playing MC because of 1.7.10. I only watched some videos when new versions come out. And I always was upset...
Only a few weeks ago, when I was really bored, started playing again (version 1.12.2).

I play modded Minecraft since beta 1.8.1(and vanilla since 1.5_01) and I think, the best MC versions are;

1.2.5 -All the (IMO) best calssic and (mostly) still updated mods are born in this era. This is and will be my all time favourite version.

1.6.4 (and 1.4.7) -Modpacks. That was the era when incredible amount modpacks, and new type of mods, modpacks are born and become popular. Incredible amount of mods. Sadly (I never will understand this stupid behaviour) most of the mod makers are delete this version of their mods, and you can't download them anywhere.
Or at least not in a place, that doesn't get money simply stealing others work and put the free downloads behind ads (like the not-that-so-long-time-ago mentioned 9minecratf and similar pages)
(Yes, Sage of Souls shame on you that you use those pages!) https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/members/sage-of-souls.157920/

1.12.2. -Currently for this version you have the most mods, and all the mods constantly getting fixes, updates.

I'm afraid of the future of modded MC too. IMO, Microsoft just made Minecraft into an annoying bloatware. They just added tremendous amount of aesthetic features, that doesn't really needed, just made the game requires more-and-more powerful computer to run it. Of course, they extended vanilla MC a lot by adding new stuff into the game. But! They modified lot of core elements how MC works that simply required the complete rewrite of mods and literally forced the user to re-learn playing Minecraft. Why they done that?
Not to mention that, what I really hate; thanks to curse (which I always consider literally a curse!) and twitch, I several time forced to made accounts in places that I never visit, never wanted to use, just to be able to download the mods. And top of that, they totally ignore my platform; Linux. FU curse and twitch!
I have to suffer and mess around with geeky-stuff on my computer just to be able to download a modpack.
If it works, no guarantee that I even able to download the pack.
So I have to download every mod and whatnot manually, one by one. And this lead to another, rather new stupidity! Now I even have to WAIT FOR 5 SEC to start to download a single mod?!? Why?
Those at curse and twitch are... hmmm... mental?

"...someone who is stupid...usually for attention...in a sporadic way...involving nonsensical references and actions..." - Urban Dictionary.
Yes, this definition really fits them....

The reasons that I originally bought Minecraft in 2011; because it worked on Linux and that it can modded in a way that you always have something new to play with. Now curse and twitch and microsoft totally ruined this...
I hope one day, they disappear from existence, and we will have something that cares equally about all the different platforms that Minecraft runs on.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
OK, so I'm scaling up my RF production again (I think I have an mfr laser habit...), according to a big reactor simulator my reactor should be able to output 29 buckets of steam per tick, best ways (other than 120 accumulators) to get to this number for water supply? I tried transfer nodes too, but they didn't seem very effective even with speed upgrades.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
OK, so I'm scaling up my RF production again (I think I have an mfr laser habit...), according to a big reactor simulator my reactor should be able to output 29 buckets of steam per tick, best ways (other than 120 accumulators) to get to this number for water supply? I tried transfer nodes too, but they didn't seem very effective even with speed upgrades.

I haven't tested throughput myself, but per a comment from another forum (Reddit), the Fluid Laser Relays from Actually Additions are capable of ludicrous levels of liquid transport. Like 2 billion mB/t. Might be worth a look.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
J

justicechef

On FTB pyramid, i right clicked the Resource Generator with my only redstone, anyway to get it back?

S

senpai6999

in feed the beast ultimate reloaded is there easier way to craft signalum blend,enderium blend etc.. than just clickin the filled buckets to crafting table

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
in feed the beast ultimate reloaded is there easier way to craft signalum blend,enderium blend etc.. than just clickin the filled buckets to crafting table

Craft a Sequential Fabricator from Thermal expansion.
upgrade it to have at least one augmentation slot.
Craft a Fluidic Fabrication augmentation, and install it in the fabricator.
Set the recipe.
Output the liquid enderperl/liquid redstone/liquid glowtone, into the fabricator.
Now you just have to add the pulverized metals.

EDIT:
Also, when you are ready for automation, make a separate Magma-Crucible+Sequential-Fabricator pair for each of the 3 liquid crafts.

EDIT2:
Darn forgot about that one (what Everlasting2 said) Yes, both the Portable Tank as well as the Reservoir can be used in liquid crafts, and the correct amount of liquid will be used from these containers for each craft. Also useful when crafting impregnated wood with creosote oil.

Last edited:
Reactions: Everlasting2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
sevenmass is right for an automatic method, but there is an easy manual method. The blend recipes from te accept a portable tank filled with the relevant fluid as a replacement for a bucket with said fluid.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Its a shame that JEI doesn't reflect the bucket/container thing properly. Every time I remember to do it (IE Treated Wood baby) its a revelation all over again. Crafting with buckets sucks. Afaik its universal in 1.12.2 too.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Its a shame that JEI doesn't reflect the bucket/container thing properly. Every time I remember to do it (IE Treated Wood baby) its a revelation all over again. Crafting with buckets sucks. Afaik its universal in 1.12.2 too.
i thought that only applied to some mods not others , so does that mean i can craft pam's salt and fresh milk easier by hand?

Ceres

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I am using Builder's Paradise 1.2.0 and for the life of me I just can't find where you edit how many sethomes and chunks players can have, can someone point me in the right direction <3

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried two of the v1.14.4 modpacks (FTB Unstable and ATM 4) that are available on Twitch, but I don't have any sounds in either modpack. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Creepers never used to damage the player if the player was in water when the creeper exploded... but I was watching a vanilla minecraft v1.14.4 stream today and the player was blown up by a creeper when they were both standing in the water.... when did they change that?