Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Any way to boost flying spped in survival? Like an enchantment or special pants or something? Custom 1.12 pack with all the cliches. IIRC, run speed enchants like on dark steel legs does not affect flying speed, right? What about draconic evolution?
I think it rather depends on the type of flying. Various jetpacks etc. work slightly different. Creative style flight however have previously benefited from most things that increase run speed.

Btw. am I remembering wrong, or did there use to be a Haste enchant you could put on boots for increased run speed(and thereby faster flight)? I can only find reference to Haste being mining speed. Was it a mod that added that or?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
run speed affects creative flying speed? (Just got my angel ring, it's in the showcase :p) I thought I remember that not being the case on earlier runs. I haven't actually tried it this run yet because of that memory, I figured I'd just skip the run speed and go straight to some kind of flight speed. I'll try it, though.

Edit: I thought "haste" was a mining speed haste, but then again, different mods could do different things.

Also, I may be confusing a run speed enchantment with run speed potion effects maybe?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
run speed affects creative flying speed? (Just got my angel ring, it's in the showcase :p) I thought I remember that not being the case on earlier runs. I haven't actually tried it this run yet because of that memory, I figured I'd just skip the run speed and go straight to some kind of flight speed. I'll try it, though.

Edit: I thought "haste" was a mining speed haste, but then again, different mods could do different things.

Also, I may be confusing a run speed enchantment with run speed potion effects maybe?
I only have a 1.7.10 world to test it in, but here things like Boots of the Traveller, Sojourners sash etc. do increase the speed of creative style flights(including Angel Ring).

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Unfortunately, no magic mods :( (I should have mentioned that part)

But, in looking at those two items, the boots of the traveler, I believe, specifically mentioned flight speed, but the sojourner's staff just says movement speed, so maybe normal movement speed does increase flight speed. I'll experiment, thank you!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Unfortunately, no magic mods :( (I should have mentioned that part)

But, in looking at those two items, the boots of the traveler, I believe, specifically mentioned flight speed, but the sojourner's staff just says movement speed, so maybe normal movement speed does increase flight speed. I'll experiment, thank you!

Botania's sash increases run speed as well, get a run going, double tap to fly and let the world lag as you go too fast for it to keep up.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What options are there for commands to teleport between dimensions? I'm playing around with Advanced Rocketry planets + solar systems, and would like to quickly travel between worlds to see what the generation is like.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Botania's sash increases run speed as well, get a run going, double tap to fly and let the world lag as you go too fast for it to keep up.

I believe you misunderstood, but it's probably my wording. I do not have any magic mods in my pack and have no plans to include any. I was digging through the descriptions for clues as to whether or not the standard movement speed upgrades already available to me would work the same way. At this point, though, I'll just have to experiment on my own. :)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I believe you misunderstood, but it's probably my wording. I do not have any magic mods in my pack and have no plans to include any. I was digging through the descriptions for clues as to whether or not the standard movement speed upgrades already available to me would work the same way. At this point, though, I'll just have to experiment on my own. :)

Yeah, no, I saw that, but then you list off 2 Thaumcraft items...

And let's be honest, Botania is a teck mod, just with magic paint :)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Any way to boost flying spped in survival? Like an enchantment or special pants or something? Custom 1.12 pack with all the cliches. IIRC, run speed enchants like on dark steel legs does not affect flying speed, right? What about draconic evolution?
draconic leggings can buff flight speed (its almost 100% necessary due to chaos guardian spawning locations) ,
Environmental tech past a certain mod version has a flight speed upgrade that u can socket into a nanobot beacon and i'm pretty sure it stacks with its self.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
draconic leggings can buff flight speed (its almost 100% necessary due to chaos guardian spawning locations) ,
Environmental tech past a certain mod version has a flight speed upgrade that u can socket into a nanobot beacon and i'm pretty sure it stacks with its self.

Ooh! That's perfect, thank you!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Didn't Vanilla 1.12 allow you to use an elytra and rockets together? Or is that 1.13?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I googled it. Apparently it works like a rocket propelled elytra, though? I had no idea, that sounds pretty cool actually.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I googled it. Apparently it works like a rocket propelled elytra, though? I had no idea, that sounds pretty cool actually.

Yup, just make sure to put Unbreaking and Mending on your Elytra, using them causes durability loss.

ZakHam

May 23, 2013
Have you tried simply jetpacks? The jetpacks have various speed increases as you go up tiers. The resonant one is so fast you can't even load chunks fast enough.

C

Cptkrawall28

hi guys,

i'm new and i Have only one simple question. How i can disband a foreign Team on my server?