Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
V

Viperion

If you have the crossbow selected and the bolts somewhere in your inventory, you need to click (or maybe hold?) right click and you'll get a "loading" animation on the bow. The bolt will then be loaded and you can actually switch to another tool - when you switch back to the crossbow the bolt will still be loaded. Right click to fire, right click (or hold?) again to reload the next bolt. It's like a vanilla bow, but sorta backwards

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
im currently playing all the mods 1.10.2 it adds a ton of different enchantments are there any ways to find out what mod adds them so i can lookup what the enchantments do

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Probably a weird little question but after googling for it and testing everything I found I still don't fully get it:

- How do you 'not' sweep with your attacks?

Lately I play alot of mods which adds some way of NPCs into the world, including guards who hunt zombies along side me. Bad part is, that thanks to the sweep I usually end up hurting my own people along with the enemies which gets a bit annoying when you don't understand the mechanic about when you sweep and when not. :/

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
GOOGLE! No there isn't.
sadly google turns up little to no info on the enchants and in all the mods pack there a ton i have never seen before

Probably a weird little question but after googling for it and testing everything I found I still don't fully get it:

- How do you 'not' sweep with your attacks?

Lately I play alot of mods which adds some way of NPCs into the world, including guards who hunt zombies along side me. Bad part is, that thanks to the sweep I usually end up hurting my own people along with the enemies which gets a bit annoying when you don't understand the mechanic about when you sweep and when not. :/
only way is to attack early but you will not do full damage not sure if the tinkers longswords/rapiers have the same mechanic or you could just use an axe as a weapon

Reactions: Nezraddin

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay - playing a pack that has Immersive Engineering, and I'm trying to hook up the water wheel (or any other generator) to my devices that need power. IE uses the loopy wires, but these don't seem to connect to things like EnderIO machines. Also, what is the best way to deal with creosote from the Blast Furnace? There's only so much you can do with Treated Wood.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Okay - playing a pack that has Immersive Engineering, and I'm trying to hook up the water wheel (or any other generator) to my devices that need power. IE uses the loopy wires, but these don't seem to connect to things like EnderIO machines. Also, what is the best way to deal with creosote from the Blast Furnace? There's only so much you can do with Treated Wood.
Not sure about the EnderIO connections. Maybe connect it to a conduit? And then run the conduits to the machines? By blast furnace you mean Coke Oven? I would store a decent amount and then void the rest.

M

Matt Dalton

okay i literally am new to ftb beyond i was playing evolved. i am trying to make grout and nothing is working. I have sand gravel and clay. Any help in terms i will understand
if anyone has any idea that would be great

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
When you say they won't connect, what are you trying?

In a change from the 1.7 version, in IE now all three tiers of wire work the same way - connectors (LV, MV or HV) are needed to extract or input RF into machines, these can also only be connected to a single wire. Relays (again, in 3 types) can have any number of wires connected, but only pass RF on down wires. So you can no longer string a set of 4 LV connectors together - each one has to be wired to a relay (they can all be wired to the same relay of course) which can then be wired to another relay or connectors attached to RF-using blocks.

In the case of what you want to do, you could have an LV connector attached to your kinetic dynamo, an LV connector attached to some EnderIO conduit, and a copper wire connecting them.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
When you say they won't connect, what are you trying?
In the case of what you want to do, you could have an LV connector attached to your kinetic dynamo, an LV connector attached to some EnderIO conduit, and a copper wire connecting them.

This is an arrangement I hadn't tried. I'd tried connecting wires (via connectors) to the devices, and conduits to the generators, but not wires to conduits. Thanks!

EDIT: This worked perfectly.

Not sure about the EnderIO connections. Maybe connect it to a conduit? And then run the conduits to the machines? By blast furnace you mean Coke Oven? I would store a decent amount and then void the rest.

*nods* I had the Blast Furnace on my mind because this pack is very steel-heavy (anything with pistons or machine chassis has a steel requirement), and my Coal Coke production is being limited because the oven keeps filling up with Creosote Oil. *goes to look up voiding options*

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
EDIT: This worked perfectly.
Woo! I'm glad I helped :)

If it had extra utilities 2, there is a fluid trash can; otherwise... hmm. It sounds terribly manual, but if you have any blocks that can place a fluid source into the world (AA has one) you can have a block placer basically put something like cobblestone over that, just like you would to remove water or lava source blocks. The IE multiblock tank can hold 512 buckets of liquid, and costs 34 iron sheetmetal and 4 treated wood fence normally - that's not super cheap but it might be a good option rather than voiding it?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

If it had extra utilities 2, there is a fluid trash can; otherwise... hmm. It sounds terribly manual, but if you have any blocks that can place a fluid source into the world (AA has one) you can have a block placer basically put something like cobblestone over that, just like you would to remove water or lava source blocks. The IE multiblock tank can hold 512 buckets of liquid, and costs 34 iron sheetmetal and 4 treated wood fence normally - that's not super cheap but it might be a good option rather than voiding it?

If the pack has XU, you could make an absurdly large drum to store it in, with the new challenge being to fill it up. If TiCo is in the pack, the multiblock tank adds a new place to not only store, but display your excess. You could always pump it into the world as a large lake of industrial waste.

If all else fails, you could pump the excess into smaller tanks that get disposed of as items. It's terribly wasteful, but hazardous waste disposal often is. Extra points if you keep all the containers intact, but bury them off-site (someplace safe, like say, under a friend's base).

Reactions: Lethosos

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
If the pack has XU, you could make an absurdly large drum to store it in, with the new challenge being to fill it up. If TiCo is in the pack, the multiblock tank adds a new place to not only store, but display your excess. You could always pump it into the world as a large lake of industrial waste.

If all else fails, you could pump the excess into smaller tanks that get disposed of as items. It's terribly wasteful, but hazardous waste disposal often is. Extra points if you keep all the containers intact, but bury them off-site (someplace safe, like say, under a friend's base).
And more if you put them under there food farm or animal farm.

Reactions: Lethosos

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
A while back during 1.7.10 I tried my hand at making a modpack. After a few large hiccups, I had to give up. I'm looking to give it another try, but I don't know what's changed as far as scripting goes. I'm also wondering if mods like Mob Properties still exist.

S

Simberto

This might be a rather stupid question, as i am not that versed in the technical aspects of modding minecraft.

I am currently playing the current Infinity Lite pack, with the Sphax ressource pack installed. I am wondering if it is possible to add some shaders into that? Apparently Shaders make things more pretty, and i like pretty things. But a quick google didn't actually tell me how to add them, as they apparently need some mod that is not compatible with the pack if i understand correctly. And i know that adding random mods into packs without any idea of what you are doing doesn't usually end well.

So, is it possible to add some nice shaders, and if yes, how would i go about that?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

No EX2 (or even the original)

TiCo is in there, and there's a 'Tank Controller' - is the multiblock just a collection of the regular Smeltery tanks?

There's an Ender Tank, and a tank from Blood Magic (which can be freakin' huge, but may only be able to store blood - haven't explored that mod yet.)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
No EX2 (or even the original)

TiCo is in there, and there's a 'Tank Controller' - is the multiblock just a collection of the regular Smeltery tanks?

There's an Ender Tank, and a tank from Blood Magic (which can be freakin' huge, but may only be able to store blood - haven't explored that mod yet.)

TiCo Tanks are built using the same seared stone as you would build a smeltery. I remember I put a roof on all of the tanks I've made, but I don't remember if it's actually needed to complete the multiblock.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame