Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know too much about computers but I know that more than just the CPU affects fps. Like do you have a graphics card? How much RAM do you have? Both of these others things are crucial to fps, not just your cpu.

Ah sorry, I mentioned only my CPU cause I'm pretty confident that my graphic card and RAM should be enough. I have 16GB RAM (edit: 6GB allocated to minecraft) and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960.

S

SirAwesomeness

Well beyond that I don't know much, sounds like it would be your CPU unless there is something else on your computer using up all the processing power. Or if you have a lot of entities in your mc world or something. Check task manager to see what's taking up your RAM and CPU.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm... RAM never over 50% and CPU peak at 55~60% when I run minecraft. This really confuses me more and more. ^^"

Not that I actually need a hundred FPS or so - I live quiet well with an average of 30 in minecraft, that is if I get this inventory-lag'spike in check again *sigh* - it just bugs me that it sometimes sounds like everyone else in the world gets 80+ all the time, hehe.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Depending on your version of Minecraft you might be allocating too much ram, which can also cause FPS issues... Memory Allocation looks like a bell curve function... As you add memory the performance improves up to a point and then starts getting worse as you allow more ram. This is due to Java's built-in self cleaning algorithms - too much memory allocated means the language is spending more time clearing unneeded memory for later use than it is running the game.

Versions of MC 1.7.10 or older don't need much more than 3.5-4GB unless you have texture packs. Anything newer, including 1.10.2 is good with between 4.5 and 6 GB. In my case I run MC 1.10.2 at 5.5GB but still see 40-50 fps because I've got an old GPU (GT610) gumming up my works :D

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I didn't know that you can actually give it too much RAM. ^^"
Thank you alot for the hint about that. Guess I will reduce the RAM slowly and see if it gets better.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
did pure certus seeds growth time get changed in infinity evolved expert mode or do i need to wait 8+ hrs?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
8 hours, unless you have accelerators.

But the seeds don't despawn so...
yeh no accelerators as in expert mode both acceptor and controller both require a large amount of iridium just hoping im around for when it converts to crystals as im sure they will despawn

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yeh no accelerators as in expert mode both acceptor and controller both require a large amount of iridium just hoping im around for when it converts to crystals as im sure they will despawn
They really dont afaik. You can show up any time you like and grab them so long as nothing else has moved them (e.g. magnet items)

Moorleiche2k

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing FTB Beyond (1.10.2). When i throw items on the ground, the items are picked up almost immediatly within an insane range. I have no items in my inventory or slots, inc. baubles. As additional mods i only use Optifine. How can i reduce the pickup range or get back the standard item drop and pickup behaviour?

S

SirAwesomeness

Is it possible to turn off the animation for growth pulsers to reduce lag?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hrm... RAM never over 50% and CPU peak at 55~60% when I run minecraft. This really confuses me more and more. ^^"

Not that I actually need a hundred FPS or so - I live quiet well with an average of 30 in minecraft, that is if I get this inventory-lag'spike in check again *sigh* - it just bugs me that it sometimes sounds like everyone else in the world gets 80+ all the time, hehe.
I'm quite used to paying MC with 5-20 FPS, nothing I do helps improve that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there a replacement for the OpenBlocks XP Drain in FTB Beyond?
Just to clarify, do you specifically need a block that you stand on to remove xp, or can it be any mechanism that will allow you to store XP?

If the pack has Ender IO, there's an Experience Obelisk that is very handy at storing xp. Better than the drain in many respects, since you're usually storing the XP in a finite-sized tank, and the obelisk is essentially infinite xp storage as far as I can tell (I've never managed to fill it)

Reactions: Wicked223
C

cap.1o

Is there a replacement for the OpenBlocks XP Drain in FTB Beyond?

You have also the XP drain Singulary Tank from the mod "Mob Grinding" is similar at the Xp drain from Openblock. But it's more easy to use Ender IO as Pyure told you. U can drain with liquid conduit the xp to a tank or drum.

Reactions: Pyure and Wicked223

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking for something that wouldn't require me to roam around the Nether looking for soul sand, but I guess that'll have to do. Thanks!