Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
TiCo Tanks are built using the same seared stone as you would build a smeltery. I remember I put a roof on all of the tanks I've made, but I don't remember if it's actually needed to complete the multiblock.
I'm pretty sure it is - the book should tell you for certain, but I think so.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm pretty sure it is - the book should tell you for certain, but I think so.

Both the seared tank and seared oven need tops, but they can be made with seared glass if desired. I just finished a large tank in my DW20 world that I'm experimenting with for a Canola oil plant since it can contain multiple fluids... I just need to design a circulating system with filtered inputs to allow the proper liquid into the machines.

Also, except for the parts needing to be made with seared bricks (controllers, drains, etc.) you can make seared cobble to use as wall blocks in the smeltery, tank and oven.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Also, except for the parts needing to be made with seared bricks (controllers, drains, etc.) you can make seared cobble to use as wall blocks in the smeltery, tank and oven.

Pour liquid stone into an ingot cast to get seared bricks if you want more controlers/drains/tanks.

M

MikW

Woo! I'm glad I helped :)

If it had extra utilities 2, there is a fluid trash can; otherwise... hmm. It sounds terribly manual, but if you have any blocks that can place a fluid source into the world (AA has one) you can have a block placer basically put something like cobblestone over that, just like you would to remove water or lava source blocks. The IE multiblock tank can hold 512 buckets of liquid, and costs 34 iron sheetmetal and 4 treated wood fence normally - that's not super cheap but it might be a good option rather than voiding it?
I use the IE multiblock tank, just because creosote is overflowing from my coke oven. I think treated wood looks cool though, might use a lot of those for certain parts of my base.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I use the IE multiblock tank, just because creosote is overflowing from my coke oven. I think treated wood looks cool though, might use a lot of those for certain parts of my base.
I did the same - I love the look of the tank, and I want to use a lot of treated wood in my warehouse. I've got my Coke ovens one block apart with an IE pump configured to pull from both in between, and then pipes going from that to the fluid tank. What I will do though is pump my creosote into an Assembler as well - that should make the crafting of treated wood a lot less tedious! :) plus it looks awesome too.

Reactions: MikW

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Immersive Engineering: I know the cables no longer transform power types RF <> EU, but can the cables still CARRY eu? (The config says it has compat for IC2 set to true but I'm guessing its no longer used)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Immersive Engineering: I know the cables no longer transform power types RF <> EU, but can the cables still CARRY eu? (The config says it has compat for IC2 set to true but I'm guessing its no longer used)
...hmm. If I remember tonight (was going to check it out last night and forgot) I'll let you know.

EDIT: had a quick check @Pyure and it doesn't look like it works in Beyond at least. Might need a config change, or it may just not support it.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Applied Energistics 2.

Haven't played with AE2 yet (better late then never!) but am familiar with AE1, and AE2 from lets plays. How do I setup an on demand craft into a machine? Like for example teaching the system how to make coal dust from a piece of coal in a pulverizer.

I know to perform a shaped/shapeless craft within the system you need those crafting cpus plus extras which replaces the good old MAC but for the life of me I cannot remember how to do machine crafting.

One thing I have learned, I preferred AE1 so will enjoy switching to Refined Storage in later MC versions.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Applied Energistics 2.

Haven't played with AE2 yet (better late then never!) but am familiar with AE1, and AE2 from lets plays. How do I setup an on demand craft into a machine? Like for example teaching the system how to make coal dust from a piece of coal in a pulverizer.

I know to perform a shaped/shapeless craft within the system you need those crafting cpus plus extras which replaces the good old MAC but for the life of me I cannot remember how to do machine crafting.

One thing I have learned, I preferred AE1 so will enjoy switching to Refined Storage in later MC versions.
There are special blocks that you hook up to the system. They have different tiers of processing power (aka how many requests can be given at once). Otherwise it's pretty much the same as RS (neve played AE1, so idk how it was there)

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Applied Energistics 2.

You need to put an interface with a processing pattern somewhere next to the machine. And then have the machine eject back into the system.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
In the Beyond pack (current release v 1.10) I'm looking to move some Rubber Tree logs with Sap bits on them. In previous packs I would either use a Moving Wand, or a Portal Gun. Neither of these are in the Beyond pack.

Suggestions?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
In the Beyond pack (current release v 1.10) I'm looking to move some Rubber Tree logs with Sap bits on them. In previous packs I would either use a Moving Wand, or a Portal Gun. Neither of these are in the Beyond pack.

Suggestions?
teleposers from bloodmagic work , psi might work (im unsure)

S

SirAwesomeness

Why won't it let me create a support request on the Tech Support page for my problem? It just gives me this message:
Feed the Beast - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

S

SirAwesomeness

Somewhere it told me I have insufficient privileges to post there, how do I get more/sufficient privileges to post?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello *waves*

Since I'm trying to find a solution for a lil fps issue at the moment I stumbled over some threads and videos and noticed again the one thing I always hear when it comes to minecraft: That the average "normal" fps seems around 80+.

Now I'm really wondering: Is an i5-2500k with 3.3GHz so old and weak that it effects minecraft that much?
My normal fps without any fps-mods is somewhere around 25~40, with mods (like optifine) the highest I counted was 55. So hearing again and again "With this you easilly get 150 fps" and such sentences really confuses me.

S

SirAwesomeness

Hello *waves*

Since I'm trying to find a solution for a lil fps issue at the moment I stumbled over some threads and videos and noticed again the one thing I always hear when it comes to minecraft: That the average "normal" fps seems around 80+.

Now I'm really wondering: Is an i5-2500k with 3.3GHz so old and weak that it effects minecraft that much?
My normal fps without any fps-mods is somewhere around 25~40, with mods (like optifine) the highest I counted was 55. So hearing again and again "With this you easilly get 150 fps" and such sentences really confuses me.
I don't know too much about computers but I know that more than just the CPU affects fps. Like do you have a graphics card? How much RAM do you have? Both of these others things are crucial to fps, not just your cpu.