Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
C

cap.1o

Hello !

Which mod is the best in FTB Beyond to process Ore to ingot from a quarry (speed + efficiency + gain).
Thank you

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hello !

Which mod is the best in FTB Beyond to process Ore to ingot from a quarry (speed + efficiency + gain).
Thank you
I don't think there's a simple single answer, but: using a pulverizer with a tectonic petrotheum augment you can get a guaranteed 3 ingots or gems out of an ore. Using the Induction Smelter with Rich Slag and blazing pyrotheum in a different augment (can't remember the name) you can get 4 ingots (doesn't apply to gem ores like diamond or emerald). Trade off? I think that's a little slower, requires expensive reagents, and making rich slag needs to you use normal ores for a plain x2 return to produce it. Both of those are Thermal Expansion though.

Honestly, it depends on what you want! Do you want to maximise primary gain? Get good return on secondary products? Do you want it to be great for all materials, or just good for most and great for the rarest things?

I feel like asking for a single answer from just one mod misses the point of something like Beyond especially. You can sometimes get the best result from using many mods together!

For me, gold is a real struggle at the moment, so I'm throwing all my iron ore through the Actually Additions double crusher, because it's the only one (I think) that actually gives you gold as a secondary product instead of nickel! When I tech up a bit further, I'm going to maximise my gold output by setting up the aforementioned TE Induction Smelter - I'm already silk-touching any diamond ores I find so I can get that guaranteed x3 out of them with my augmented pulverizer.

C

cap.1o

Using the Induction Smelter with Rich Slag and blazing pyrotheum

I don't understand really how it works, i tried i have upgrade it to Pyro concentrator but i don't figure out how to produce rich slag. I don't know how to use also the Blazing pyrotheum.
For now so the begining of my game i use EnderIo qith steel ball (expensive).
But i have finish AE2 et i'm on the way to quarry. Need to process lot of ores quickly that's my request.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Basically you'll probably want a second induction smelter - when you throw ores through with sand, you have a chance of getting rich slag as a byproduct (different ores give different chances, gold ore has a relatively high chance). That rich slag then goes in place of the sand when smelting something you want to get an extra ingot from, as you know.

I believe you should be able to pipe the blazing pyrotheum into the augmented Induction Smelter (you need to melt pyrotheum dust in a magma crucible to get the liquid). Have you successfully augmented your induction smelter (i.e. Does it now have an internal fluid tank)?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Basically you'll probably want a second induction smelter - when you throw ores through with sand, you have a chance of getting rich slag as a byproduct (different ores give different chances, gold ore has a relatively high chance). That rich slag then goes in place of the sand when smelting something you want to get an extra ingot from, as you know.

I believe you should be able to pipe the blazing pyrotheum into the augmented Induction Smelter (you need to melt pyrotheum dust in a magma crucible to get the liquid). Have you successfully augmented your induction smelter (i.e. Does it now have an internal fluid tank)?

Yes i do i will do some test in creative mode. thank you for your help
don't forget the augment that increases secondary output for the one you are trying to get rich slag from (u can put multiple of this augment inside the same machine)

M

MikW

how do you activate other chiseling modes in chisel mod 1.10.2?

Using DW20 1.10.2 pack btw

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Hello !

Thank you
Early on a Extra Utils Crusher and Furnace work really well. Quite cheap and low power, or you could use a tinkers Smeltery, both give 2x ore Yield. Ic2 has a high ore yield processing. It also allows you to get gold out of iron among other things.

M

MikW

Early on a Extra Utils Crusher and Furnace work really well. Quite cheap and low power, or you could use a tinkers Smeltery, both give 2x ore Yield. Ic2 has a high ore yield processing. It also allows you to get gold out of iron among other things.
Cheapest is the Tinker's Smeltery, just requires some Lava, but is rather inefficient. The ones you mentioned aren't that good though, IMO the best early game machine that requires power is Ender IO Sag Mill. If you have some flint, it can be used to get extra output. You can also get an Alloy Smelter that you can use to both smelt and make alloys.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Cheapest is the Tinker's Smeltery, just requires some Lava, but is rather inefficient. The ones you mentioned aren't that good though, IMO the best early game machine that requires power is Ender IO Sag Mill. If you have some flint, it can be used to get extra output. You can also get an Alloy Smelter that you can use to both smelt and make alloys.
The Ender IO ore doubling is good because its fairly inexpensive but the Extra Utils stuff is upgradable with speed upgrades. I believe a max furnace with 20 speed upgrades is just a few ticks per item.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
D

DTV_Calibre

I'm updating my FTB Beyond server to a more recent update because bugs and ish. The problem is, I'm not sure if what's labeled as "Release" is actually being treated as a more stable version than the rest of the updates labeled as "Beta". I just don't know if the devs intended to mark anything release at all. Should I use 1.9, the latest "Release" version, or should I just go with the latest 1.10?
Edit: Sorry if this is a tad off topic

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm updating my FTB Beyond server to a more recent update because bugs and ish. The problem is, I'm not sure if what's labeled as "Release" is actually being treated as a more stable version than the rest of the updates labeled as "Beta". I just don't know if the devs intended to mark anything release at all. Should I use 1.9, the latest "Release" version, or should I just go with the latest 1.10?
Edit: Sorry if this is a tad off topic

The way it's supposed to work:

Any pack labelled "Release" is the 'official' most stable version of the pack until (and if) it's replaced by a beta version. For example, the Release might be version 1.0.0 (as most first versions will be) and the might get through to beta 1.0.5 before they are happy enough to relabel 1.0.5 as the new "Release". All of the versions in between may be a bit more stable than the original but betas usually have to run for a week or two without problems to be declared a Release.

Also, the Minecraft version (1.9, 1.10, etc.) has nothing to do with the pack's status as either a Beta or a Release. The best use for those numbers is to learn what packs are (were) available at the time that MC version was used. Newer packs will have newer versions of older mods, brand new never before available mods and even be missing older favorite mods that haven't/won't be updated. There are people who still play 1.7 MC & packs to stay with mods they like, and probably older versions too.

D

DTV_Calibre

Thanks! The version we were using before deciding to update was labeled "Release" when we downloaded it but is labeled "Beta" now, so I guess your answer explains that.

A

agent47ai

IM in skyfactory 3 and i don't now how to fire a cross bow from tinker's construct. please help