Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for the response I am fine with generating a fresh world, I think I will just remove the mod then. I could use mystcraft but it feels like inception :p permanently living in a dream (mystcraft world), so I won't use that as my base world.
With regard to that - last time I read about this, I think it was possible to switch a mystcraft age and the overworld. That would mean you could quite literally generate a stable world with small biomes of your liking and after that replace your overworld with it - making it the "real" world, not a dream world (I understand the thought, btw, it would indeed feel kinda awkward). But take this with a grain of salt - and of course do NOT try this with an old overworld filled with your most precious creations and buildings, but rather a new one. =)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm not sure how that would work, what if you had a flatworld mystcraft biome? Generating new chunks would give it overworld terrain, wouldn't it?

Lappro

Jul 29, 2019
But wouldn't the generation script used for the world get all weird when changing the mystcraft world to the main world. I am thinking that MC would always use default world gen for main world and you would therefore lose the mystcraft world gen with small biomes when making the mystcraft world the main world.

edit: about what jumpfight5 said

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
With regard to that - last time I read about this, I think it was possible to switch a mystcraft age and the overworld. That would mean you could quite literally generate a stable world with small biomes of your liking and after that replace your overworld with it - making it the "real" world, not a dream world
Why would you want to do that? Just move in and throw away your link book. The only difference is that new players joining would appear in the old world. And that could be fixed with a big crystal portal that they fall into.

Lappro

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed it is just like limbo in the movie inception, it just eats up your sanity so you will eventually become insane. Eventhough the world isn't that different, but just the idea of living in a fake world.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed it is just like limbo in the movie inception, it just eats up your sanity so you will eventually become insane. Eventhough the world isn't that different, but just the idea of living in a fake world.

Now to take that to the logical conclusion, all worlds in MineCraft are fake. You cannot escape that, and as such, the best you can do is limit the "fakeness" of worlds by declaring one type of world is more "real" than another.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you want to do that? Just move in and throw away your link book. The only difference is that new players joining would appear in the old world. And that could be fixed with a big crystal portal that they fall into.
It's the knowledge, that burns. Yeah, it sure may be unnoticeable for the most part.. but I still would know that "This is not the true overworld." It's weird, I know. But it's like cleaning your appartment by stuffing everything into the broom closet - it looks tidy - but I know it isn't. *shrugs* If someone does not mind, all the better. But as you can see, there's already two persons, that feel strange about this. I suppose, we're not the only ones. ;)

Mercadi

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings, guys.
I've been playing FTB for a while now, and did 2x 64x64 quarries among other things. And haven't found a single piece of Iridium so far. Then I looked for the Iridium ore (the block) in the NEI, and there was none!
Does it mean I'm screwed?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
But wouldn't the generation script used for the world get all weird when changing the mystcraft world to the main world. I am thinking that MC would always use default world gen for main world and you would therefore lose the mystcraft world gen with small biomes when making the mystcraft world the main world.

edit: about what jumpfight5 said
No, everything generated would stay the same, but if you go exploring, I'm worried that new terrain would be overworld again.
If you were able to test it, that'd be good. You'd have to make the age, load a few chunks, then move it to the world data. Start up the game, and load new chunks. If things start going weird and different, then you'd have a problem.

This can be remedied by loading a ton of chunks and never leaving that limit. If you want a frame quarry, you'd have to load all in that age (or make another age for your mining).[DOUBLEPOST=1363301584][/DOUBLEPOST]
Greetings, guys.
I've been playing FTB for a while now, and did 2x 64x64 quarries among other things. And haven't found a single piece of Iridium so far. Then I looked for the Iridium ore (the block) in the NEI, and there was none!
Gregtech or not? Gregtech spawns it, not normal IC2.

Reactions: Mercadi

Lappro

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings, guys.
Spoiler: it is a UU-matter recipe, IC2 intended it to be hidden, so it isn't possible to mine it and only obtainable with UU-matter.
recipe: X = nothing U = uu matter:
U U U
X U X
U U U
Edit: no you are not screwed, but it will be a little harder

Reactions: Mercadi

Mercadi

Jul 29, 2019
Spoiler: it is a UU-matter recipe, IC2 intended it to be hidden, so it isn't possible to mine it and only obtainable with UU-matter.
recipe: X = nothing U = uu matter:
U U U
X U X
U U U
Edit: no you are not screwed, but it will be a little harder

Ah, gotcha. :) Well, that'd be better than not having it at all!

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Q1. Can you get water in the nether in FTB without cheating it in?
Q2. Do ghasts spawn on xycraft blocks? Eg. if I make a building with a large enough area for a ghast to spawn inside, but make the floor out of xycraft blocks will it prevent them (and pigmen?) from spawning in there without needing to use slabs?

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
water in nether. as in standing flowing water in the world? no. special handler for the nether dimension eats all world water. not sure about oil which also turns lava to stone/obsidian on contact, haven't tested that just yet.

as to getting water in the nether in usable form? filled wrenched up portable tanks full of water, endertanks hooked up in other dimensions to water. liquid tesseracts doing the same.
some gregtech cell combinations.
bringing buckets full.
using the uu matter recipe for source blocks.
tons of ways to get water in the nether.
no ways to place source water blocks that don't poof in the nether.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
1) yes, using uu matter you can make water still blocks that are placeable.
2)don't know but assume they would considering they spawn in the air

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Q1: yes, either RP2 pumps with grate and some liquid container (BC tanks are funky with RP2 pipes lately, but carpenter works OK). Other option is to use water source blocks crafted from UU matter.

Q2: 99 % No.

Edit: Ghast don't spawn in air, they spawn on solid block as any other mob.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm mixed responses. The water is for placing (primarily), not for machine use. So some say it can be placed and others say not. Will have to test this later then when I'm on the server.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
What are these huge trees that are a darker shade in the jungle? They drop rubberwood, but what else is there about this tree? Is it worth getting some saplings and taking it base to HQ?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What are these huge trees that are a darker shade in the jungle? They drop rubberwood, but what else is there about this tree? Is it worth getting some saplings and taking it base to HQ?

Sounds like RedPower rubber wood trees. If so, no, they are not worth it. They're pretty much an eyesore to most, myself included.