Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
They do drop saplings though right? I'm getting all of my fuel from burning wood right now, so they may be of some use to me.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
They do drop saplings though right? I'm getting all of my fuel from burning wood right now, so they may be of some use to me.

I believe they do, but you should find yourself a redwood forest to get some saplings, or fir trees, as those are much more wood-dense.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Believe me I'm exploring my butt off over here...
If you are playing in the Ultimate pack, you can explore for years and still not find any. They disabled the biome in the config.

As for RP rubber trees, they are a good way to get quite a lot of rubber wood, as you can use it in Greg Tech machines to get your rubber.
But as Guswut said, they are big, make a lot of shadow, and the leaves are ... let's say unique. Most people won't bother with them.
But if your wish is to build some tree houses, they tend to fit quite well, as you can build big without having to put tons of leaves all over the place to make it not stick out too much.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you are playing in the Ultimate pack, you can explore for years and still not find any. They disabled the biome in the config.

As for RP rubber trees, they are a good way to get quite a lot of rubber wood, as you can use it in Greg Tech machines to get your rubber.
But as Guswut said, they are big, make a lot of shadow, and the leaves are ... let's say unique. Most people won't bother with them.
But if your wish is to build some tree houses, they tend to fit quite well, as you can build big without having to put tons of leaves all over the place to make it not stick out too much.
...That might be why I can't find my desired base location, then.
Oh, and a secondary upshot to RP2 Rubberwood Trees is that they are fireproof(wat). Though I last tried clear cutting a jungle with a flamethrower in 1.2.5, experimented with Mining Lasers around 1.3.2, and now we have Factorization and it's Demons Wrath, so I guess it's time to try again.
RP2 Rubberwood Trees also can't be grown with Bonemeal, and take a really long time to grow. Yeah, they drop saplings, but they basically are dead weight considering the fact they aren't any good for growing rubberwood trees in a timely fashion. Dunno about the Hoe of Growth, but I hate RP2 Rubberwoods, so I sure as hell ain't testing that.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
How? I tried insulated copper and it doesn't work.

First, you need to make sure that you're placing the copper cable going to your machines on the correct side. The correct side will be marked with a large brown dot. You can use a wrench (either IC2 or omniwrench) to rotate it by right clicking a side that does not have that brown dot/is not the output side, and it will become the output side.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Ah that'll do. What are these tribal looking pillars of dark purple that seem to look into your soul?
Those are thaumcraft pillars. They are used with other stuff to move nodes around.

There are bigger structures of them (rarer), with wisp spawner and a good chest to loot.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Those are thaumcraft pillars. They are used with other stuff to move nodes around.

There are bigger structures of them (rarer), with wisp spawner and a good chest to loot.

Yeah, for now you likely won't need to worry about those things, but you might want to collect any that you see just in case. I also believe you can collect the totems and the obsidian tile (but not, of course, the obsidian) which you find in the larger "thaumcraft altars" with an iron or better pickaxe. Obsidian tile is pretty pointless, but it looks nice at least.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
The macerator thing isn't working, there are only two sides that that are marked and one side flips to the pipe above it, and the other looks like a battery pack of some sort.

EDIT; I got it to receive power from the bat box, but how to I get the ore to enter into the smelting spot?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The macerator thing isn't working, there are only two sides that that are marked and one side flips to the pipe above it, and the other looks like a battery pack of some sort.

Can you take a screenshot of what you're describing?

BatBox_ig.png

For reference, the side on the bottom-right (largest side shown) is the "output" side, whereas the other two displayed sides are "input" sides.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ah that'll do. What are these tribal looking pillars of dark purple that seem to look into your soul?
In addition, they usually have a node near them. But that's something anyone who reads their Thaumicon would know.

EDIT; I got it to receive power from the bat box, but how to I get the ore to enter into the smelting spot?
Well if you're automating it, input ores to be Macerated from the top, and pull the dusts out of the side. The bottom is for batteries, redstone, and single use batteries.(which kind of suck, but increase your redstone to EU rating with some extra bits. They are also easier to craft with GregTech)

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, you meant the brown dot is on the batbox! On your image, I have a generator and solor panel on top, and that same wire going to the top of my macerator. I took a screen shot, but can't find it in my computer, sorry.