Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my setup for powersince I'm really new to FTB. I really need help QQ
A pump with 2 redstone engines isn't the fastest, and these engines are also only green currently. When they are yellow, they should start to deliver lava with a little gap inbetween two buckets. I typically use 4 of them, which gives an almost steady stream of lava (on yellow).

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
A pump with 2 redstone engines isn't the fastest, and these engines are also only green currently. When they are yellow, they should start to deliver lava with a little gap inbetween two buckets. I typically use 4 of them, which gives an almost steady stream of lava (on yellow).

Two redstone engines work well enough that he should start seeming something pumped up (tested and confirmed with water, two redstone engines). Most likely the issue is what he is trying to pump up, as the setup he has works fine in my test.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Mm, I've found their forum to be one of the nicer places (compared to the IC2 forum, for example). Ah well, so it goes, heheh.

That moderator dude "X-something Muad'ib" is rubbing me the wrong way with his "we were forced to release mystcraft too early" complaints. Not gonna go there :)

Reactions: Guswut

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Is the bottom of the pumping extension inside the lava? Have all the lava flows updated? If the block where that yellow/black extension landed isn't a source block: Try placing one with a bucket into exactly that space.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
That moderator dude "X-something Muad'ib" is rubbing me the wrong way with his "we were forced to release mystcraft too early" complaints. Not gonna go there :)

Understandable. I do wish that they had waited and did not give into the cries for an early release, but so it goes.

i dont understand sorry Guswat

Take a screenshot of the place that the pump is trying to pump. I assume you are over a lava pool of some type, and are pumping from there. Take a screenshot of the lava pool/bottom of that pit.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my setup for powersince I'm really new to FTB. I really need help QQ

The 'end' of the pump, the pipe, probably can't find the liquid. Make sure that it's landing in a SOURCE block of lava (not just a lava flow, needs to be a source to get started more often than not).

Question

Jul 29, 2019
I got this lava pool from mining turtles..... This pool is really deep.

Attachments

• 2013-03-12_22.06.41.png
    2013-03-12_22.06.41.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 106

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I got this lava pool from mining turtles..... This pool is really deep.

First, block off ANY possibility for your stuff to fall into the lava pit, as we're going to make some changes.

Second, move the pump one or two blocks in either direction. Re-set the system back up that way, and see if it starts pumping.

You've likely pumped out all of the source blocks directly under the pump, which ends up causing it to not find anything else to pump.

Tell us how moving it goes.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Just an idea: Does the energy production work in the Twilight Forest, or are there some other problems?
Did your geogen never produce a drop of energy (and also has no lava stored internally), or has it just stopped?[DOUBLEPOST=1363273819][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok then. btw this is the close look
That picture looks, like there is no sourceblock any more, but I could be wrong.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, that looks like a fairly messed up bunch of flowing lava. There may still be some sourceblocks somewhere in there, but the pump isn't detecting them since the funnel did not hit any sourceblocks and therefore isn't even trying to look outwards.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
OMMGGMGMG it works. you were right guswut. Thank you sooo much :)

No worries, it was merely about going at it step by step, as everyone else involved did. You're going to need to move that pump to another lava pit sometime most likely, so go send your turtle to find you a new one. Good luck!

LightKnight

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to make a quarry stop on a certain block ? for example make it stop before mining iridum ore
( i doubt it is possible but maybe ? )

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to make a quarry stop on a certain block ? for example make it stop before mining iridum ore
( i doubt it is possible but maybe ? )

Nope. BuildCraft Quarries are "dumb" machines, in that they won't filter blocks in that regard. If you are looking to do that, you'll want a turtle. But, in reality, a turtle will likely be fairly slow (you'll want it to dig out EVERY block, or to record the position of the iridium ore when it finds one) versus a quarry, which will likely end up meaning you get more ore from the quarry versus silktouching it.

crazy_fab

Jul 29, 2019
It's not really a ingame question, more of a modding question. It is said that multiblock can lag when they are not formed( the railcraft one at least) why aren't the block only made to check only if a block update happen? That way, to my understanding lag would only happen if you pout a coke oven brick near a redstone clock or whatever else constantly update it's surounding.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
It's not really a ingame question, more of a modding question. It is said that multiblock can lag when they are not formed( the railcraft one at least) why aren't the block only made to check only if a block update happen? That way, to my understanding lag would only happen if you pout a coke oven brick near a redstone clock or whatever else constantly update it's surounding.

I'd think that some likely do exactly that (GregTech's machines surely). Why RailCraft's machines don't, though, may be that they want to make sure just in case that first way does not work, or because that way has an issue that the author was not able to get around. That'd be my best guess on this.