Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Just calculate it by steam.

320 steam consumed per turbine at full load.
720 steam produced per 36 HP boiler.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to put coal dust and refined iron into a industrial blast furnace automatically. I have tried golems and item teserects, but they either put coal where the iron goes or iron where the coal goes. Is there a way to automate this process.

Same ? with industrial grinder.

With the Industrial Grinder and Blast Furnace, rule of thumb is to feed ores on top, liquid/cells from the bottom and extract out the sides.

My simple setup:

Industrial Grinder (left) accepts certain ores from item tesseract/relay with water from an AA fed in the bottom. When I want to say grind Ferrous, you can manually open the GUI and place mercury cells directly into the liquid slot.

Same configuration (less water) for Blast Furnace. I'm in the process of adding another IG and IBF block to the existing casing blocks, so i can automate Ferrous grind and Electrum blast.

ibz578.jpg

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What's the most basic storage system besides barrels; or even with barrels. Just something functional.

Iron chests (search in NEI for "chest", and look at all of the new types such as "iron", "copper", "gold", "silver", etc), a decent barrel system, or AE are the only real choices for storage.

Actually, you could also set up a storage system that stores things in pipes (or tubes if you want to use RP2), although that would be horribly laggy, extremely ineffectively, slow when you want the item, and generally a bad idea.

Reactions: WAFFLE OF WAR

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Iron chests (search in NEI for "chest", and look at all of the new types such as "iron", "copper", "gold", "silver", etc), a decent barrel system, or AE are the only real choices for storage.

Actually, you could also set up a storage system that stores things in pipes (or tubes if you want to use RP2), although that would be horribly laggy, extremely ineffectively, slow when you want the item, and generally a bad idea.
Any easy way to have a cest where I could put a bunch of crap in and it will automatically get put in its respective storage chest/barrel?

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
In the Thermal Expansion config file, what values do I have to change for them to match Factorization's default lead generation? I don't mind the depth it generates, just the total ore size.

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
I just decided to install Optifine to see if it would boost my FPS any and in my test world I went from about 60 to 110. Awesome. Now in my SSP world around my base I average around 40-50. I have no idea whats eating all my frames, I don't have any timers, no portal gun portals, or any of the other normal culprits laying about. Any Ideas?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry wiki says stills take a max of 6 MJ/t. If I have 2 stills, do I need to set my REC output to 12 MJ/t then or will it feed both with 6 MJ/t from a 6 MJ/t setting? Not sure how the energy packets work with MJ.

Also, can someone tell me how many saplings are needed per minute/hour/whatever to maintain a 36 LP liquid fueled boiler at 500C please. (Saplings > biofuel > boiler). Also roughly how many are needed to get it up to temp from cold? I don't need exact figures but rough figures would be helpful so I can gauge whether I have enough being produced to run it. Thanks.
To the second question, I found this http://ttower.dyndns.org/boilerCalculator/ to be extremely helpful. Click the circle next to "Heatup Only", it will tell you how much fuel you need to get to max heat, and how much it uses once there. I'm assuming you're turning the sapling into bio-fuel, which would give you this -
Heatup took 2 hours, 33 minutes & 15 seconds!
170.32 buckets of fuel were used.
Fuel/h after heating up: 18 buckets.

If you're using saplings straight -
Heatup took 2 hours, 33 minutes & 15 seconds!
Used 54503 fuel items!
Fuel/h after heating up: 5703 items.

-Don't use saplings straight unless you have a SERIOUS tree farm.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
If I wanted to host a server for the FTB Ultimate pack for about 1-5 people (probably max 3 on at a time), what would be the best amount of RAM to give it? I want to have it hosted through CreeperHost, but I'm not sure how good the server needs to be. Will about 3 gigs cut it or do I need more? Thanks in advance for the help :p

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best means of vertical transportation? I want to jump of cliff and basically get back up again, no more than 15 or 20 blocks though.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Anything that's more like, "walk into this station, you get launched to that station and visa versa" kind of thing?

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to get the following working on a frame ship/bore platform:
1-pure bees. (i think yes, but will need ae or rp tube system. bc breaks when frame moves an i only know automated apiary setups with bc pipes. need roving flux removal platform)
2-mffs (i've seen videos probably for 1.2.5 where it *used* to, but every possible means i try now, i get stuck movement. argh). also mffs plus redpower or frames as keywords has squat for search results on the google. mffs documentation blows.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I just decided to install Optifine to see if it would boost my FPS any and in my test world I went from about 60 to 110. Awesome. Now in my SSP world around my base I average around 40-50. I have no idea whats eating all my frames, I don't have any timers, no portal gun portals, or any of the other normal culprits laying about. Any Ideas?

Apparently RP2 microblocks are horribly laggy, and everyone uses them...

Anything that's more like, "walk into this station, you get launched to that station and visa versa" kind of thing?

Aerial Faith Plates?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

We use mystcraft linking books for that. If you craft a linking book at a certain location that book is tied to that target. You can then use it to jump to that target whenever you want. Keep in mind though that if the target is in the same 'world' (overworld for example) you need to use a link modifier to allow intra-age jumping (jumping within the same age). Also turning on "following" is nice since then you won't drop the book when you jump.

In my base I have a hub that leads to different destinations (different books on pedestals). I have one book in my inventory that links me there.