Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hello I have a ask...

where I put the upgrades Steve's Cart 2? by chance is...
cdn26_atwikiimg_com.jpg
if yes I can not put the "Upgrade: Creative Mode" how I can solve?
place it on one of the faces of the cart assembler block

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So i'm looking for some trickery with agricraft.

In short, will this work?

2016-04-05_18.31.58.png

Basically a line of cross-crop sticks so each mature plant that germinates the one next to it has a chance of causing a stat upgrade mutation?

Or is that too blatant and not going to work?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Weeds being disabled would be useful, but what's more important is that crops are set to be able to grow with only one parent which is disabled by default afaik. That and it'll be slow and less efficient than just using bonemeal/watering can anyway.

Ooh! Also doesn't nether wart require like an 8 light level or lower to grow with agricraft? That could cause issues.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ooh ok. I disabled weeds a while back but I didn't spot the options for the mutation behaviour.

Thanks, that'll come in handy! :)

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Some modpacks have a way of dumping an inventory to anotther simply by shift+right-click once and just drag the mouse with those keys held. IS this from Inv Tweaks? What's the name of the option?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Some modpacks have a way of dumping an inventory to anotther simply by shift+right-click once and just drag the mouse with those keys held. IS this from Inv Tweaks? What's the name of the option
I *think* it's in the configs as "shortcutKeyAllItems=LCONTROL+LSHIFT, RCONTROL+RSHIFT"
Either I'm using that key combo wrong, or nothing happens. I may not have been very explicit, now that I reread my post. I click (mouse and keyboard key) and drag over items. Any items the mouse passes over are switched to the oposing inventory. It is present in the modpack Expedition. First time I noticed it and was wondering if I have it on Infinity.

bagofsquirrels

Jul 29, 2019
Some modpacks have a way of dumping an inventory to anotther simply by shift+right-click once and just drag the mouse with those keys held. IS this from Inv Tweaks? What's the name of the option

Either I'm using that key combo wrong, or nothing happens. I may not have been very explicit, now that I reread my post. I click (mouse and keyboard key) and drag over items. Any items the mouse passes over are switched to the oposing inventory. It is present in the modpack Expedition. First time I noticed it and was wondering if I have it on Infinity.

I believe the mod you are looking for is Mouse Tweaks.

Reactions: Ashendale

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
what is the best magnet these days?

on ftb infinity evolve expert mode.
looking for a good item magnet to suck up items.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019

no its not in infinity :( , its mouse tweeks as already stated tho. I found this mod in project Ozone, i miss it lol

Reactions: Ashendale

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there's any settings, config, or mods that would stop stabilised spawners and cursed earth from working when there's no player about? I've tried chunkloading with FTB Utils and with a world anchor, both to no avail. I could try a chickenchunks loader too, I guess, but does anyone know for sure?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Does anyone know if there's any settings, config, or mods that would stop stabilised spawners and cursed earth from working when there's no player about? I've tried chunkloading with FTB Utils and with a world anchor, both to no avail. I could try a chickenchunks loader too, I guess, but does anyone know for sure?
If there's anyone in the dimension, but nobody closer than 128 blocks, any hostile mobs that spawn will despawn instantly due to a vanilla mechanic. The usual workaround is to set up your mob farm in a dedicated Mystcraft or RFTools dimension.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
If there's anyone in the dimension, but nobody closer than 128 blocks, any hostile mobs that spawn will despawn instantly due to a vanilla mechanic. The usual workaround is to set up your mob farm in a dedicated Mystcraft or RFTools dimension.
... Ohhhh that would explain a lot.

Hm. So it should work if no one's on the server at all? Are there any other ways of faking player presence?

EDIT: Life imbuer from botania, apparently.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
what is the best magnet these days?

on ftb infinity evolve expert mode.
looking for a good item magnet to suck up items.
Need a little magic progression but the magnetizing ring from Botania is great, includes a few useful utilities like deactivating for a few seconds on throwing an item, not picking up certus/quartz/fluix seeds, and a different flower that lets you create zones where it doesn't work.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Need a little magic progression but the magnetizing ring from Botania is great, includes a few useful utilities like deactivating for a few seconds on throwing an item, not picking up certus/quartz/fluix seeds, and a different flower that lets you create zones where it doesn't work.
By reading this, even though I have that flower (the Solegonia) near my Endoflames so that I don't draw their fuel, I've been running my head over on how to build an Immersive Engineering setup without drawing items... That's my answer...

Thanks for inadvertently answering a question I didn't ask =P

Reactions: Inaeo

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What is the big attraction with this "skyblock" concept? Why is it so popular that we need an entire new modpack for it?

I guess this is really more just me stating my opinion rather than asking a simple question. Because the simple answer is, there's other packs to play besides skyblock.

But, it's the newest pack and thus it becomes the instant new favorite modpack on servers... ugh.

In my opinion, when you remove the overworld from the game, you remove so much good stuff - from nice scenery to look at, to being able to ride a horse around to discover something new. I've been awaiting a fresh release from FTB, something exciting to get me back to playing the game with my friends on their server, but this was not exactly it. It certainly doesn't help that I fired up the pack and was immediately clueless about what I should do, and if I move more than a few blocks I fall to my death. LOL What is this crap? haha