Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hi. On JourneyMap minimap, how can you tell a mob is either above, below or on the same level as you ?
I would recommend you use something like Zan's for the minimap alongside JourneyMap for the large world map. They work really well together and IMO Zan's minimap features are just much better.

Reactions: guiguilyon

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
1) Please don't impersonate a mod.
2) I don't recall there being a rule against swearing, I swear like a sailor in pain and I never get done for it.
I'm not impersonating a mod. If you didn't know. The forum has a lack of mods. So I'm trying to help until that lack of mods is filled.

And there is a rule against swearing, If you have read the Basic FTB Rules here. you would know.

Heheggg

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to fix inventory tweaks, so that when you middle click/auto sort a inventory, certain items won't suddenly stick to your cursor? Ex, whenever I auto sort my inventory, my mana tablet will always suddenly stick to my cursor and Ill have to manually place it back into my inventory. I know this has being a problem for me for a while now (since 1.4.7), and Iam wondering if any of you have a way to solve this.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to fix inventory tweaks, so that when you middle click/auto sort a inventory, certain items won't suddenly stick to your cursor? Ex, whenever I auto sort my inventory, my mana tablet will always suddenly stick to my cursor and Ill have to manually place it back into my inventory. I know this has being a problem for me for a while now (since 1.4.7), and Iam wondering if any of you have a way to solve this.
Press "r" (or whatever your sort button is) while you don't have your inventory open... i.e. press r while walking around

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend you use something like Zan's for the minimap alongside JourneyMap for the large world map. They work really well together and IMO Zan's minimap features are just much better.
When you do that, do you have to set way points in both maps, or do they carry over somehow?

Reactions: guiguilyon

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
When you do that, do you have to set way points in both maps, or do they carry over somehow?
I think you copy and paste the files inside the pack you're using's folder following this line of folders: ". . .\minecraft\journeymap\data\sp\[world's name]\waypoints" to wherever the Zan's Map waypoints are stored

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
How does one go about getting the "One shot a mob from 80m with the gravel gun" achievement in Rotarycraft?

I've got my render distance up as high as I can and mobs disappear from view before I reach that range.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
How does one go about getting the "One shot a mob from 80m with the gravel gun" achievement in Rotarycraft?

I've got my render distance up as high as I can and mobs disappear from view before I reach that range.
Do they actually despawn, or become invisible? If the latter, then I'll bet you can just trap one and aim at the right blocks.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
is there something to activate a piston every other redstone signal?
As in one turns it off, one turns it on? Well, what you need is a floppy gate.
You can get them in various forms from redstone mods like project red, or they are buildable in vanilla with, well... more pistons.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
kind of ... like I push a button it activates the piston (it goes up and then down) I press it again it does nothing and then I press it a third time and it activates the piston... I'm not sure I'm explaining what's in my head correctly...

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
kind of ... like I push a button it activates the piston (it goes up and then down) I press it again it does nothing and then I press it a third time and it activates the piston... I'm not sure I'm explaining what's in my head correctly...
Hmm... I suppose what you want might be some sort of system involving AND gates and RS latches.
So I'm thinking you go and have an RS latch attached to the button, as in it turns on when you activate the button. The button is also connected to an AND gate which the RS latch's output is also attached to. The AND gate leads to the piston, and the redstone from there circles back around to deactivate the RS latch. I can probably do a vanilla mockup if you don't understand.
So what happens is you press the button, activating half the AND gate and the RS latch (this might require the RS latch to have a repeater in order to delay it, to stop the AND gate being immediately activated). Then on the second press, both inputs of the AND gate are on, and therefore this activates the piston from the AND gate, as well as the redstone looping back around to the deactivator input to deactivate the RS latch.
Now that I think about it, there are other ways to do this:
The most simple one I can think of is replace the RS latch with a flip-flop, and this means that there will be no need for the redstone looping back around to deactivate it, it will be turned off by the button itself, though will still need a repeater to delay it.
A way to do it without a repeater would be to use a counter. You set it to take two pulses in order for it to turn to the on state, but only one to turn it off. Then you replace the RS latch with this, and with perhaps some fiddling, you're done, because the looping redstone from the piston will cause the counter to turn off again.
I don't think so, but it might be that these will require a pulse emitter to stop the piston from staying on... Just check when you do it to be safe :p

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Use a T-Flip Flop (usually called a Toggle latch in the likes of Project: Red) with the alternate output going to nothing, and with a Pulse Former on the output you want to use.

Last edited: