Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SamDiego

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone knows how to get this tomfoolery setting from openblocks to work in the Infinity pack? I tried to unbind all the keys I found using B, but didn't worked.
# Are you serious too?
B:weAreSeriousPeople=true

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I thought that the for each loop iteration funcion extracted from said inventory till it was empty and then moved on.
If you're careful about how you configure the input and output blocks, you can get it to work. However, it's not as simple as I thought it would be- it turns out that there is no option in the For Each loop to only run one iteration each time it's triggered. So, when I was testing this setup, I had to use a buffer chest.

Each time the Manager is triggered, it pulls one item from the buffer chest without regard to what that item is, then sends it to an Open Crate above the Spectrolus. Then, if the buffer chest is empty, it loops through all sixteen barrels, pulling any number of items (which turns out to be just one, but the "Import from Orange Variable with an empty blacklist" block doesn't know that) from each until there's one wool block of each color in the chest. After the import block, I needed to use two output blocks; one set to output a single block of each of the first ten colors of wool into the chest, and the other to do the same with the other six. Due to what appears to be a bug in SFM, the Output blocks can only use the first ten filters, so I couldn't just do it with one. Each filter in the export blocks is set to precisely detect one color of wool, and only transfer one item.

Then, on the next trigger, the Manager takes the first item (which happens to be white wool) out of the chest and dumps it on the Spectrolus. Then, on the next trigger, it does the same with the next item: Orange wool. And so on and so on until the chest is empty, at which point it gets refilled again, with the items in exactly the same order.

The For Each block is necessary to get the items in the right order, it turns out. If you just use an Import block configured to pull from all the barrels, SFM will fill the buffer chest in a random order. If you use a loop, it does it in the same order every time.

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
I read that and my brain instantly went php, in minecraft? why? o_O
then I read the rest and went
/me facepalm
:oops:

You should see the sfm code fireball1725dev writes in forgecraft, you would go
/me uber-facepalm
:D

No... His voice goes through me...
How about Tlovetech. ;)o_O

If you're careful about how you configure the input and output blocks, you can get it to work. However, it's not as simple as I thought it would be- it turns out that there is no option in the For Each loop to only run one iteration each time it's triggered. So, when I was testing this setup, I had to use a buffer chest.

Each time the Manager is triggered, it pulls one item from the buffer chest without regard to what that item is, then sends it to an Open Crate above the Spectrolus. Then, if the buffer chest is empty, it loops through all sixteen barrels, pulling any number of items (which turns out to be just one, but the "Import from Orange Variable with an empty blacklist" block doesn't know that) from each until there's one wool block of each color in the chest. After the import block, I needed to use two output blocks; one set to output a single block of each of the first ten colors of wool into the chest, and the other to do the same with the other six. Due to what appears to be a bug in SFM, the Output blocks can only use the first ten filters, so I couldn't just do it with one. Each filter in the export blocks is set to precisely detect one color of wool, and only transfer one item.

Then, on the next trigger, the Manager takes the first item (which happens to be white wool) out of the chest and dumps it on the Spectrolus. Then, on the next trigger, it does the same with the next item: Orange wool. And so on and so on until the chest is empty, at which point it gets refilled again, with the items in exactly the same order.

The For Each block is necessary to get the items in the right order, it turns out. If you just use an Import block configured to pull from all the barrels, SFM will fill the buffer chest in a random order. If you use a loop, it does it in the same order every time.

This couldnt be greatly consized if you replace the buffer chest and barrels with ME interfaces each supplied with one of each wool color? Or do the interfaces refill fast enough to confuse sfm?

Edit: you could use a sfm to read when the interface is empty and output a Redstone signal to a togglebus to refill the interface

Last edited:

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I use subnetworks for... awesomeness.

I don't exploit it like Soaryn did. I use them to separate my rooms. So I don't have to sort through every bloody thing to get the item I'm looking for. I have all my Thaumcraft stuff in the Thaumcraft room on the Thaumcraft subnetwork. I have all the blood magic stuff in the blood magic room. Etc. I'm experimenting with it. That's more what I use it for.

As for DW20, I enjoy his series but I completely agree that for the most part his seasons are very very similar. That having been said there are or have been a lot of additions on the Forge this season. And the current season it's been interesting seeing him try to focus on the appearance of his base versus functionality. Of course he's loosing that fight, it's not pretty but he is trying very very very hard to make it so. And I can respect that.

AE2 is actually being expanded and if I understood the video correctly they are making it so you can (if you want) physically teleport into the AE2 drive and and see physical representations of your items in the world. I thought that was awesome, very matrix "I need guns, lots of guns" esque....

I love Soaryn's twitch stream but he's not shy about item duplication, bug exploiting etc. However, on the forge server that's kind of why he's there I'm thinking so they can learn how it can be exploited and fix it. Although someone said you could still do the storage bus to me interface infinite channels thinggie with deep storage units so I don't know how often bugs or exploits get patched or if it's just a well on your honor thing because you could always cheat it in anyways.

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I use subnetworks for... awesomeness.

I don't exploit it like Soaryn did. I use them to separate my rooms. So I don't have to sort through every bloody thing to get the item I'm looking for. I have all my Thaumcraft stuff in the Thaumcraft room on the Thaumcraft subnetwork. I have all the blood magic stuff in the blood magic room. Etc. I'm experimenting with it. That's more what I use it for.

As for DW20, I enjoy his series but I completely agree that for the most part his seasons are very very similar. That having been said there are or have been a lot of additions on the Forge this season. And the current season it's been interesting seeing him try to focus on the appearance of his base versus functionality. Of course he's loosing that fight, it's not pretty but he is trying very very very hard to make it so. And I can respect that.

AE2 is actually being expanded and if I understood the video correctly they are making it so you can (if you want) physically teleport into the AE2 drive and and see physical representations of your items in the world. I thought that was awesome, very matrix "I need guns, lots of guns" esque....

I love Soaryn's twitch stream but he's not shy about item duplication, bug exploiting etc. However, on the forge server that's kind of why he's there I'm thinking so they can learn how it can be exploited and fix it. Although someone said you could still do the storage bus to me interface infinite channels thinggie with deep storage units so I don't know how often bugs or exploits get patched or if it's just a well on your honor thing because you could always cheat it in anyways.

I am pretty sure that storage bus to ME interface is intended to be like that because you get an achievement when you do that.

Anyway, I had a question on how sub-netwotks work because till now I thought the storage bus to ME interface was the only type of sub-network, am I confusing something or do I not know what a sub-network is? Also I haven't heard about soaryns sub-network exploit is it on the new forge episodes cuz I haven't watched those

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Yes for subnetworks. Not ssd, super soaryn drive can have basically an infinite number of storage drives on one channel.

Start about 16 minutes to get basic concept

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Aww :(

Been listening to all the old episodes of The Shaft podcast, and its all about the poop blocks. Poop blocks!

Sorry, slight derailment there :|

Reactions: Psychicash

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Aww :(

Been listening to all the old episodes of The Shaft podcast, and its all about the poop blocks. Poop blocks!

Sorry, slight derailment there :|
that's something I haven't heard anyone talk about for a LONG time

Yeah, you need to. The problem is that on the Infinity Pack it's not working. My guess is that some mod is hogging the B key. I tried to unbind everything I found using the key and still, it didn't worked.
Then enable the "do it while typing" option ;)

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having problems with NEEDING Forge 1384 and it being "invalid / corrupt"? I think I've downloaded it three different times and they all come out the same. *sigh*

Reactions: xXBloodGhostXx

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Does anyone knows how to get this tomfoolery setting from openblocks to work in the Infinity pack? I tried to unbind all the keys I found using B, but didn't worked.
# Are you serious too?
B:weAreSeriousPeople=true
May I suggest you try and set it to false? You want to do something silly aka not be serious.

xXBloodGhostXx

Jul 29, 2019
PLZ GUYS I AM FLAMING I NEED HELP... Sorry for shouting, but i can't handle it...I have this problem for Modpack - FTB Monster 1.6.4 I vvant to add to Custom ore Generation i dovvloaded this mod, and i vvant to edit CustomOreGeneration Configure to add Mimichite (Mimicry mod Ore) because i vvant to add mimichite to CustomOreGeneration and make it non-rare, to get a lot of mimichite, but i can't make XML because i don't understand hovv.. :D Also i vvant to add Quartz from AppliedEnergistics 1 mod... Please help me to add ores to CustomOreGeneration i vvill give you likes and E.T.C...;) Just help.. plyzzz ;(

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
PLZ GUYS I AM FLAMING I NEED HELP... Sorry for shouting, but i can't handle it...I have this problem for Modpack - FTB Monster 1.6.4 I vvant to add to Custom ore Generation i dovvloaded this mod, and i vvant to edit CustomOreGeneration Configure to add Mimichite (Mimicry mod Ore) because i vvant to add mimichite to CustomOreGeneration and make it non-rare, to get a lot of mimichite, but i can't make XML because i don't understand hovv.. :D Also i vvant to add Quartz from AppliedEnergistics 1 mod... Please help me to add ores to CustomOreGeneration i vvill give you likes and E.T.C...;) Just help.. plyzzz ;(
Please, learn to use the W key. That is possibly the most irritating way to write I've seen that isn't textspeak.