Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Novv it's okey, but i having error Forge minimum version required 13...... This is sooo annoying...
Yup and every second mod seems to break there
And since the new Railcraft version is not released yet, I needed to build it from source.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
why do you not want to play alongside direwolf20?
Because I think he is a very boring man. Very monotonal, and doesn't like to try new and exciting stuff, he would much rather "play it safe" as it were
Yup and every second mod seems to break there
And since the new Railcraft version is not released yet, I needed to build it from source.
railcraft works on the latest forge...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea how active the people on FC are, but when Direwolf records there seem to be always the same few people online

Edit: when I open the oven's GUI

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea how active the people on FC are, but when Direwolf records there seem to be always the same few people online

Edit: when I open the oven's GUI
Ahh ok. That may be why I didn't see an issue v_v
It's really annoying when mods depend on a forge version which breaks stuff...
but it's even more annoying when forge breaks stuff... which worked

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
Does the FOR loop block in SFM have an option to run one iteration each time it's triggered? If so, the simplest way to fuel a Spectrolus would be to do the following:
  1. Set up sixteen barrels/caches/whatever, one for each color of wool. Don't put anything in them yet.
  2. Put a chest somewhere connected to the Manager and put exactly one block of each color of wool in it in the right order.
  3. Configure the white variable to point to all of the barrels.
  4. Configure the orange variable (or any other variable, for that matter) to be empty by default.
  5. Set up your FOR block as you would normally, except check the "One iteration per trigger" option.
  6. ABOVE the FOR block, place an Input block tied to the chest.
  7. On the side of the FOR block, attach an Output tied to the orange variable.
  8. Trigger the Manager 16 times. This *should* put each wool block into its own barrel, in the order that the FOR block loops through them.
  9. Make sure that the colors in these barrels never change. If you're using JABBA barrels, the easiest way to do this is to lock them.
  10. Now, hook up whatever automation you're using to fill the barrels. This could be another trigger in your Machine Inventory Manager, or itemducts, or anything else.
  11. Remove the Input and Output blocks. They were just there temporarily to fill the barrels.
  12. Attach an Input block to the side of the FOR block tied to the orange variable. Set it to extract one item at a time.
  13. Attach an Output block to the bottom of the FOR block tied to your Item Valve. This may need to go under the Input block on the side of the FOR block; I haven't tested it.
  14. Make sure the Item Valve drops the items where the Spectrolus can reach them.
Now, you setup *should* be ready to go. You'll probably want to test this setup by removing the Spectrolus and letting the SFM thing run, making sure it spits out the right colors of wool in the right order, then manually triggering it until the next wool to be spat out is White.

Disclaimer: I have not tested this setup. I think it will work if that one option in the FOR block exists, but I don't know for sure.

I thought that the for each loop iteration funcion extracted from said inventory till it was empty and then moved on.

Because I think he is a very boring man. Very monotonal, and doesn't like to try new and exciting stuff, he would much rather "play it safe" as it were

In that case you should like playing with soaryn :D

xXBloodGhostXx

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Infinity bugged, it says I need ichunutil version minimum 4.0.0 and i have 5.2.0 VVhat a hack?.... I don't really knovv :((( :OOO

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Infinity bugged, it says I need ichunutil version minimum 4.0.0 and i have 5.2.0 VVhat a hack?.... I don't really knovv :((( :OOO
Is 5.2.0 for 1.8?
And maybe that version of the mod changed something that doesn't work with the mod you are using

Hovv can i dovvnload for you my crash-report, i am getting IChunUtil version minimum required, PLZ HELP :(((........!!!!
You must have added a mod? If you go to the mods folder, go up a level (so you see the folders; mods, config, etc.) crash-reports is there

But you probably just need to add the mod that is showing on screen (iChun util x.x.x)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
We could do with an automatic reset... T.T
D
Is 5.2.0 for 1.8?
And maybe that version of the mod changed something that doesn't work with the mod you are using

You must have added a mod? If you go to the mods folder, go up a level (so you see the folders; mods, config, etc.) crash-reports is there

But you probably just need to add the mod that is showing on screen (iChun util x.x.x)
Yeah, @xXBloodGhostXx needs to have iChunUtil 4.2.2 for 1.7.10.

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest completely uninstalling every version of Java installed on your machine and then re-installing Java, because as you've seen Java doesn't clean up after itself well when updated...

If you are using packs based on MC 1.6 and older you should use Java 1.7 due to some bugginess, but if you are using only newer packs based on MC 1.7 then you want to install Java 1.8.0_25. This is the Mojang approved and maintained version for the current MC and in fact is dynamically loaded every time you use the new Mojang launcher, which I believe Curse does.

You won't need to add any command-line switches as the Java 1.8 defaults are plenty for modded MC, but if you have to use Java 1.7 you will need to change these values to run MC 1.7 packs, and they help a lot with older packs:

Min. Ram = 2GB
Max. Ram = 4GB
PermGen = 256MB

Good luck!

What Java I should use when i want to play DireWolf 1.7 pack.
I use normal FTB launcher.
Or I need to use the latest Java version?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What Java I should use when i want to play DireWolf 1.7 pack.
I use normal FTB launcher.
Or I need to use the latest Java version?
Personally I say stick with Java 7, just because that is what MC 1.7 was built on. But I see a lot of people saying go to Java 8, but not on the FTB launcher (they use MultiMC)

Reactions: Niidikene
Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what the actual power costs are for the spawner and grinder from Draconic Evolution? (Can't find proper values on wikis - I ask because I want to know if they are better to use then Ender IO Spawner + MFR grinder)