Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Jul 29, 2019
Factorization barrels are sided, in other words you can only insert at the top and extract at the bottom.
Ah yeah, forgot that barrels are funny like that, thanks :)

ALSO, may seem like a silly question, but how do you put an upgrade (ender quarry) into the quarry? My quarry is currently mining, and right-clicking with the upgrade just gives me mining info, shift right-clicking doesn't work either.
NEI's crafting guide doesn't show anything about combining them either. Do I have to wait for the quarry to finish first?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yeah, forgot that barrels are funny like that, thanks :)

ALSO, may seem like a silly question, but how do you put an upgrade (ender quarry) into the quarry? My quarry is currently mining, and right-clicking with the upgrade just gives me mining info, shift right-clicking doesn't work either.
NEI's crafting guide doesn't show anything about combining them either. Do I have to wait for the quarry to finish first?
You place the upgrade on one of the quarry's sides

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Think of it as a pool of hits you can take before attacks affect your health. It does regenerate, using vis from a wand. I believe higher "ranks" of the Shield simply give you a bigger pool.

So, if I'm getting this right, if I use an amulet and girdle of runic shielding, I can use the vis in my wand as a damage soak before my bound armour starts using LP as a damage soak?

Not sure if you can apply it to the bound armor, but give it a shot. If not, baubles might work.

Yeah that's kind of my idea, using various runic baubles in addition to bound armour. If it works, it might be hilarious.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I have no idea how it would react with bound armor i'm afraid. I'd guess it'd take precedence, but I have no idea if the bound armor will still trigger it's LP drain.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
So, if I'm getting this right, if I use an amulet and girdle of runic shielding, I can use the vis in my wand as a damage soak before my bound armour starts using LP as a damage soak?

Yeah that's kind of my idea, using various runic baubles in addition to bound armour. If it works, it might be hilarious.
Right; but it you may be able to apply runic shielding directly to the bound armor too, like the other armors. Doubt it... but if it works, that'd be neat.

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Have to disagree with the "not incredibly fast" bit - I just did a bit of terra-forming and wanted to move a river, placed the floodgate 1 block too high - tip - the fluid rises to the top of the floodgate not the bottom. I only got distracted a short time and was surprised how far it spread.
I discovered this to my extreme discomfort last night. I really should have tested with water before running Lava into it. X_x

Reactions: Mindfeak926

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, forum newbie here. I think this would be a good place to ask, rather than making a new entry. Here goes:

I have an ME Network exporting with a precise export bus iron and copper ores to a Tesseract. The output has an itemduct connecting to 2 rotarycraft extractors. 2 servos installed (end of itemduct connected to both extractors and on tesseract). Iron for one, copper for the other. Another servo on the tesseract end whitelisting iron and copper.

Problem: only one ore flows out. What am I doing wrong here? I'm using Monster 1.1.1.

Thanks for reading

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, forum newbie here. I think this would be a good place to ask, rather than making a new entry. Here goes:

I have an ME Network exporting with a precise export bus iron and copper ores to a Tesseract. The output has an itemduct connecting to 2 rotarycraft extractors. 2 servos installed (end of itemduct connected to both extractors and on tesseract). Iron for one, copper for the other. Another servo on the tesseract end whitelisting iron and copper.

Problem: only one ore flows out. What am I doing wrong here? I'm using Monster 1.1.1.

Thanks for reading
No idea, sorry I can't help.

I would assume it may have been something to do with Rotarycraft, just a guess, as that is the only mod I don't know, and everything else seems correct so far.
HOWEVER, I wouldn't think of mentioning this issue to the Rotarycraft dev, as you are using an outdated version of the mod, and he will not help you.

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
When i put portable tank into fluid transposer the server crashes and i have to use mcedit to remove the fluid transposer to get back onto the server.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

Thanks for reading
This is a little bit gimmiky what i'm suggesting here, but I think the export bus will only export iron (or copper, whichever happens to be first in the filter iirc) into the tesseract, as it's essenitally a one slot inventory. I'd suggest either swapping the tesseracts for ender chests, or using an Me interface and ducting out of that into the tesseract.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
No idea, sorry I can't help.

I would assume it may have been something to do with Rotarycraft, just a guess, as that is the only mod I don't know, and everything else seems correct so far.
HOWEVER, I wouldn't think of mentioning this issue to the Rotarycraft dev, as you are using an outdated version of the mod, and he will not help you.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was mostly wondering if it was the lack of chests could be an issue. Howerver, working with an export i think the chests would be swiftly filled.

If it helps, ignore that I'm working with extractors. I'll rephrase. Is it possible to draw items from an ME Network to another inventory, through a Tesseract, sloooowly? Like, dripping?

Edit: hopefully something using itemducts and export bus, since i want to transfer more than one item.

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply. I was mostly wondering if it was the lack of chests could be an issue. Howerver, working with an export i think the chests would be swiftly filled.

If it helps, ignore that I'm working with extractors. I'll rephrase. Is it possible to draw items from an ME Network to another inventory, through a Tesseract, sloooowly? Like, dripping?

Sure it is. You can just attach an export bus to a chest, then have a buildcraft wooden transport pipe on the chest pulling items out and moving them to your final inventory. Wooden transport pipes move a lot slower than export buses in general but even moreso if you intermittently flick the redstone signal to the redstone engine/gate thingy on and off :)

EDIT: with the tesseract it's a bit trickier, but you can export to a chest, move the items from the chest to the tess however you like, into another chest the other side of the tesseract and THEN use the transport pipe.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Sure it is. You can just attach an export bus to a chest, then have a buildcraft wooden transport pipe on the chest pulling items out and moving them to your final inventory. Wooden transport pipes move a lot slower than export buses in general but even moreso if you intermittently flick the redstone signal to the redstone engine/gate thingy on and off :)

EDIT: with the tesseract it's a bit trickier, but you can export to a chest, move the items from the chest to the tess however you like, into another chest the other side of the tesseract and THEN use the transport pipe.

I'll try this when I get home. Never worked with wooden pipes (logistics pipes?). Thanks for the tips.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try this when I get home. Never worked with wooden pipes (logistics pipes?). Thanks for the tips.
Hey, I'm back home for quite sometime and I'm waaaaaay over my head with logistics pipes. Probably because they're new to me, but most likely because I seem to not know what I'm doing. Quick summary:

I have an ME Network with a Tesseract on send/receive items. I have the receiving end throwing them on a chest with an import bus. To send I've been trying logistic pipes, and oh boy... I got items being spat out from the pipes (using a provider seems to avoid this but, again, I feel lost) on the network side, items being spat out on the output Tesseract even if I use a supplier or request with filters set for only 2 ores... Help?

TL;DR I want me network with 1 send/receive Tesseract to send to another send/receive Tesseract iron and copper, which I hope to split into two machines (that after processing have item ducts with servos exporting). Can this be done? Do i need a logistics power junction on both sides?

Edit: I'm thinking that maybe combining itemducts and logistic pipes on the SAME tesseract might not be the brightest idea... A comment on this would also be apreciated.
Edit 2: export bus with logistic pipes is not working for me; they spit out the overflow. Had to pick up about 700 ores that the system dumped onto the tesseract and went to the other one with the pipes.

Last edited: