Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to run my base off a massive field of natura bushes, but when even potatoes doesn't work...

I'm surprised no-one's using the TE dynamos as much. My 9 magmatic dynamos pump out nearly 3000 RF/t with improved fuel efficiency. I use a Power Monitor to shut off the lava supply so their internal buffers don't fill up.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to run my base off a massive field of natura bushes, but when even potatoes doesn't work...

I'm surprised no-one's using the TE dynamos as much. My 9 magmatic dynamos pump out nearly 3000 RF/t with improved fuel efficiency. I use a Power Monitor to shut off the lava supply so their internal buffers don't fill up.
I haven't played much with TE4... and TE3 was good to start with (dynamos) but once you had a big reactor... :D

Reactions: pc_assassin

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019

I agree, I could have used dynamos but they are quite boring to set up. I like interesting power gen thats really what keeps minecraft fun for me. Setting up a pump in the nether or using some charcoal to get power? Lame, powering my base via footlong subway sandwiches, hell yes.

Reactions: Wagon153

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, I could have used dynamos but they are quite boring to set up. I like interesting power gen thats really what keeps minecraft fun for me. Setting up a pump in the nether or using some charcoal to get power? Lame, powering my base via footlong subway sandwiches, hell yes.
You should set up your own Subway restaurant too :p

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Early Mekanism power until I have an automatic wither farm
Then nether star generator while I work through rotarycraft progression
Then reactorcraft turbines until I kill the world ;)

Reactions: Wagon153

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
mekanism generators all the way... I had a wind/solar farm of about 20 turbines and 4 of the big solar panels :p

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I would have assumed milk would work, probably not though when you think about "AHHHH I am dying from radiation. *drinks milk* much better! :D"
The hazmat suit prevents it from starting.
But other than that the only way I know to get rid of it, is a good ol' fashioned bit of death. Dying SHOULD reset any buffs/debuffs a player has, which means, unless you spawn in the radioactive zone, you will spawn all happy and healthy... and maybe with a cool new arm growing out of your back, who knows*
*subject to availability new arms are not a guarantee and we will not be held liable for any lack of arms you may recieve

Now THAT is a mod I'd pay for :D

3-headed Wither Chickens, anyone?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Pretty sure that's a bug that will be fixed, seeing as how xComp was like "Wat". Apparently, Dire should have been swimming in instability.

Yeah. They apparently already found and fixed it according to Tuesday night's Twitch, much to Soaryn's dismay.

I'll bet that's one dimension that is backed up offline frequently :D

Reactions: loboca

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick look at how mine is and yours seems the same:
http://puu.sh/bDbZh.png

And inside the scripts folder:
http://puu.sh/bDc3Z.png

When you run the minetweaker reload command (in game) does it come up with an error message (make sure you have the scripts installed on your client to see this, even though other players won't need this)

And did you try removing the configs, because here is my configs folder:
http://puu.sh/bDcfG.png
Obviously there is more below it, just showing I don't have any configs, which may conflict

Just wanted to let you know that I go Minetweaker working.
You have to make sure that you copy the config/minetweaker folder to the world folder and also add your .cfg files to the main.cfg
Once you do that it works fine.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to let you know that I go Minetweaker working.
You have to make sure that you copy the config/minetweaker folder to the world folder and also add your .cfg files to the main.cfg
Once you do that it works fine.

Nice to see you got it working

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to latest 1.7.10 version of MFR, and the planters are just down right broken. Anything besides golems that will plant pams harvestcraft seeds?

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
In applied energistics 2, how can I check power usage? In AE1 it was in the controller, but since that has changed the way it has I now have no idea how to check power consumption.
Also, is it normal for 3 standard ME Chests and a Crafting Terminal to drain more than a vibration chamber can produce? (Or to be exact, a vibration chamber and four rotarycraft wind turbines, but I fear they do little in terms of power generation).

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
In applied energistics 2, how can I check power usage? In AE1 it was in the controller, but since that has changed the way it has I now have no idea how to check power consumption.
Also, is it normal for 3 standard ME Chests and a Crafting Terminal to drain more than a vibration chamber can produce? (Or to be exact, a vibration chamber and four rotarycraft wind turbines, but I fear they do little in terms of power generation).
You check power usage with a network tool. And it's possible, since the power consumption of AE2 seems to have been ramped up from AE1. P.S. Those wind turbines aren't even making 0.1 RF/t worth of power. They might as well not be there.

Reactions: abobabo

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from the Hydrokinetics (about 93 each) and a very built up solar tower, RoC doesn't do much for RF generation 'till microturbines at 372rf/t and gas turbines at almost 12k rf/t. For my brand new world, I'll be running steam dynamos/(railcraft) engines to keep things like my ME running for a while. Probably at least until I have a LOT of jetfuel produciton, or at least a couple big solar towers up.

Reactions: abobabo