Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
You check power usage with a network tool. And it's possible, since the power consumption of AE2 seems to have been ramped up from AE1. P.S. Those wind turbines aren't even making 0.1 RF/t worth of power. They might as well not be there.
Thanks a lot, that was what I suspected. I honestly have no idea what to do with those wind turbines at this point, and unlike the mekanism ones they aren't even that pretty (though the power transferring sure is).

EDIT: Checking with the network tool, it seems the wind turbines are making 1.45 ae/t. That's not great, but it's not nearly as useless as I suspected! While I can't run my system solely on that, it's enough that it's worth keeping at least for now as my system is so small.

Follow-up question: I have power generation from Railcraft, Rotarycraft, and AE itself. Which would be the most efficient way to fuel my AE system? A rotarycraft tree farm to a railcraft hopper perhaps?[DOUBLEPOST=1411111243][/DOUBLEPOST]
Aside from the Hydrokinetics (about 93 each) and a very built up solar tower, RoC doesn't do much for RF generation 'till microturbines at 372rf/t and gas turbines at almost 12k rf/t. For my brand new world, I'll be running steam dynamos/(railcraft) engines to keep things like my ME running for a while. Probably at least until I have a LOT of jetfuel produciton, or at least a couple big solar towers up.
Oh, didn't see this. That's a good suggestion. Thanks!

EDIT2: Have tested with a gasoline engine too, which did about 4 ae/t. Seeing as how it seems 1 KW is about 0.09 ae, I'm considering aiming for a performance engine. At 260 kw/t, it gives 23 ae/t, and we do have a blaze spawner we could make into a farm. Since we're already aiming for nearly automatic ethanol production (just add sugar!), two or three of those seems like it would cover any storage needs we might have, though it might not solve future crafting.

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to latest 1.7.10 version of MFR, and the planters are just down right broken. Anything besides golems that will plant pams harvestcraft seeds?
You could try the farming station from Ender IO, not sure if it's harvestcraft compatible though

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
You could try the farming station from Ender IO, not sure if it's harvestcraft compatible though

Heh enderIO is quickly becoming my go to mod, already use its power/item cables for everything.

And yes it works with pamsharvest craft, don't even have to make the ingredients into seeds first, Nice~

Thanks.

Last edited:

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way to make a togglable cutoff in a ME network that affects energy transfer as well? Due to my above mentioned energy issues, I want to make an on-off switch to the system so it isn't running when I'm not using it. It seems ME Toggle Buses only affects data transfer, not energy transfer. Suggestions?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way to make a togglable cutoff in a ME network that affects energy transfer as well? Due to my above mentioned energy issues, I want to make an on-off switch to the system so it isn't running when I'm not using it. It seems ME Toggle Buses only affects data transfer, not energy transfer. Suggestions?
I use a toggle bus to turn off my Crystal Growth Accelerators, I can assure you that they shut off power.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if it'd work, but a comparator next to an energy cell, so when the energy cell gets to 25% full the comparator gives enough signal strength to activate a redstone signal to disable <x> from transferring power.
<x> can be any power transfer system which can be toggled with redstone, e.g. another energy cell

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Erring on the side of caution over production, exactly how many frames can I shove into an alveary before I have to worry about pristine princesses becoming ignoble?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask what pack you are playing? Because if it is a pack with the mod "Gendustry" in it, then I would say get rid of the alveary and get an industrial apiary set-up (much better)
But I am not a massive user of alvearies, but I tend to stick with 3 or less, just as that way you aren't using more than an apiary, which you know will be be "better" for the bees

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Erring on the side of caution over production, exactly how many frames can I shove into an alveary before I have to worry about pristine princesses becoming ignoble?

Not totally sure but you only need 6, or maximum 7 frames to get the drop rate of most products to 100%

That shouldn't be enough to mutate your princesses iirc[DOUBLEPOST=1411126733][/DOUBLEPOST]
How would dispensers work?

It might be senility, but I seem to recall some functionality where you loaded a dispenser with seeds and set it facing a patch of tilled farmland. Activating the dispenser would plant the seed.

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas why ElectriCraft ores wouldn't show up in NEI? I wanted to add some platinum to my worldgen but I need the block id and damage value for that and I can only get the id from the config. Using Monster 1.1.2

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well Reika doesn't like it when people mess with how he set up the mods, so it may not show on purpose... But I'm not really understanding what you are saying:

I need the block id and damage value for that and I can only get the id from the config.

You can go into the config and just do CTRL+F and type "platinum" and find the ore, and the get the ID that way?

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
Well Reika doesn't like it when people mess with how he set up the mods, so it may not show on purpose... But I'm not really understanding what you are saying:

You can go into the config and just do CTRL+F and type "platinum" and find the ore, and the get the ID that way?

I seem to remember seeing them in there earlier, and idk what changed.
Also Electricraft uses a single block ID for all the ores, 432 in my case, so the individual ores would have to be distinguished by damage value, i.e. 432:1, 432:2, ... These values are not listed in the config and idk how to find them without NEI. Well, I could go decompile the code and look for it there, but surely there is a much easier solution.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I guess there would be no harm going into creative mode, just to see if platinum ore is there. If it is not, then you will probably have to go into the config and enable it/change ID from 0, or something like that... I have never really messed with any of Reikas mods :p

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Before I dive deep into blood magic, is there a way I can put the sigil of green growth on something so crops will grow without me being near it, like a pedestal or something?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Before I dive deep into blood magic, is there a way I can put the sigil of green growth on something so crops will grow without me being near it, like a pedestal or something?
there is a ritual (similarly named) which will do the same in a 3x3 above it

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Bah, thaumcraft laterns it is then.

Also, anyone happen to know a quick and dirty way to set up an AE system whereby if I want to use the crafting terminal to manually craft things it will never let me take the last stack of something out?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No, but you can make yourself a ritual called the ritual of the green grove. When activated it will work just as the sigil of the green grove does, but on any plants that are planted directly above the ritual (which is a 3x3 structure)

Edit: I am so slow at typing sometimes...
And the AE thing, it is REALLY dirty, and horrible this, but you could do this:
Have a barrel set to the item, and have an ME storage bus hooked up to it. Also have the barrel set up with a comparator (or some other method of detecting how full it is) and when it gets down to X amount of items, e.g. 1/16th (4 stacks) it will emit a strong enough redstone signal that it will activate a dark cable (the one that toggles with a redstone signal, can't remember the name) and disconnect the storage bus, meaning you can't take more items until you refill the barrel