Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Question, when making sulfur with mekanism is the chemical injection chamber supposed to use up the salt? Mine is not using up the salt.

Edit: derp I made a mistake apparently salt actually makes hydrogen chloride in a simple way but with the setup I use it is actually not needed :p
why is post not in derp thread! :p

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a precision mode to the grafters added by Rotarycraft and Gendustry?

I've tried out all three of them, and they all strip the entire tree at once. Which sounds great on paper, until you realize that in actual gameplay while crossing trees, that's the exact opposite of what you want to happen. So now I've got three very, very expensive paperweights - one made out of half a stack of steel, one made out of diamonds, one made out of bedrock. And all I want is a better grafter! One that affects a single leaf block but doesn't break every five uses.

I know that Thaumcraft adds a grafter that can be enchanted with Repair II, but I don't have Thaumcraft in this world because it's running the Techworld 2 pack. So I was wondering if I could somehow mode-change at least one of those three paperweights into a useful single-block mode?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a precision mode to the grafters added by Rotarycraft and Gendustry?

I've tried out all three of them, and they all strip the entire tree at once. Which sounds great on paper, until you realize that in actual gameplay while crossing trees, that's the exact opposite of what you want to happen. So now I've got three very, very expensive paperweights - one made out of half a stack of steel, one made out of diamonds, one made out of bedrock. And all I want is a better grafter! One that affects a single leaf block but doesn't break every five uses.

I know that Thaumcraft adds a grafter that can be enchanted with Repair II, but I don't have Thaumcraft in this world because it's running the Techworld 2 pack. So I was wondering if I could somehow mode-change at least one of those three paperweights into a useful single-block mode?

Check the controls, I know back in 1.6.4 there was a mod change button for grafters.[DOUBLEPOST=1411209648][/DOUBLEPOST]
I either void them or I put them through an auto-disenchanter and then void them

Dang, so theres no way to like strip the item of its enchant then say strip the book of its magic and get the levels from it or something cool/interesting like that?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
will one pump supply enough lava for all theese :c ? i dont seem like it http://i.imgur.com/cSwwyPq.png
btw i have to tesseract in the ground to tranport the lava

Are you talking about a Buildcraft pump? In that case, the maximum speed is 1 bucket per second (at 0.5 MJ/t). Now if you figure out how many seconds a bucket lasts in a geothermal generator, you can easily determine how many geothermals a single pump can supply.

Check the controls, I know back in 1.6.4 there was a mod change button for grafters.

IC2 has a mode switch key. Gendustry and Rotarycraft don't. And the IC2 one doesn't work (unless I'm doing it wrong).

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Check the controls, I know back in 1.6.4 there was a mod change button for grafters.[DOUBLEPOST=1411209648][/DOUBLEPOST]

Dang, so theres no way to like strip the item of its enchant then say strip the book of its magic and get the levels from it or something cool/interesting like that?
You can strip the enchantment onto a book. I know Enchanting plus allows you to remove enchants from an item and regain your levels (at least it used to) but I'm pretty sure that was only on items you had enchanted, not on enchanted items you had found.

Probably your best bet is just to get the books, combine them to get high-level enchants, and then use something like Botania's Mana Enchanter to enchant stuff from the books without using up the XP or the books - nets you more levels for other stuff in the long run, as well as giving you selective enchanting capabilities.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing a TechWorld 2 server, which has ReactorCraft v16. I see there's a v25 available.

Given that the version currently installed doesn't even let me craft the handbook, is it at all worthwhile trying to build a reactor with it, or will I simply become frustrated that the minimal amount of documentation out there is aimed at later versions?

Is updating feasible?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
What golem has the highest range?
All golems have the same range (16 blocks I believe) and it is not affected by material. In order to increase their range, you can use water upgrades (max. of 2 on any one golem) or give them the glasses accessory

Reactions: pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing a TechWorld 2 server, which has ReactorCraft v16. I see there's a v25 available.

Given that the version currently installed doesn't even let me craft the handbook, is it at all worthwhile trying to build a reactor with it, or will I simply become frustrated that the minimal amount of documentation out there is aimed at later versions?

Is updating feasible?
Update immediately, but beware, as you'll have to update all of reika's other mods and there's been drastic changes between 16 and 25z.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Is updating feasible?

I'm also running a Techworld 2 server. What I did was this:

First, I switched from "recommended", which is modpack version 1.1.6, to 1.1.7 via the dropdown menu in the launcher. That already gives you much more up to date mods, for instance Reika's mods are now present in v23 instead of v16.

Then, I manually updated DragonAPI, Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft to v25z. Remember to unload/delete the previous versions!

Finally, you will get a crash at startup unless you make a config file edit. In \config\Reika\RotaryCraft.cfg you need to add the following line to the section "achievement IDs":

Code:
I:DOUBLEKILL=24041

After this, everything runs fine. Until SimplyJetpacks crashes you, that is, because a zombie or skeleton spawns with a jetpack armor equipped, but the mod is hardcoded to assume that only players can use jetpacks. For me this happened about once per 5-6 hours of gameplay, which meant that that mod got the boot very, very quickly. We're using IC2 jetpacks right now (though modular powersuits is also available).

Reactions: Bomb Bloke

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
After this, everything runs fine. Until SimplyJetpacks crashes you, that is, because a zombie or skeleton spawns with a jetpack armor equipped, but the mod is hardcoded to assume that only players can use jetpacks. For me this happened about once per 5-6 hours of gameplay, which meant that that mod got the boot very, very quickly. We're using IC2 jetpacks right now (though modular powersuits is also available).
This could probably be fixed by downgrading simply jetpacks if you can't like without it.

Reactions: Bomb Bloke

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
In thaumcraft 4.2 , are mana beans still farmable?

Edit: Just tried it, nope.

How do you guys make thaumcrafts infusion crafting less of an annoyance? Its fun the first playthrough but everything after that I find its just tedious. Still cool looking though.

Last edited:

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I have a bit of a problem... I randomly get odd effects with different things. One of them I just now had for the first time... Oak Wood Planks had only about 20 odd uses, where Jungle had 50 odd. I shut down MC completely and it seems to of fixed it self :/, another one is that Inventory Tweaks sometimes does odd stuff, for example I had a tool chest, and sometimes when I would middle click (sort) it, it would sometimes randomly put the tools in different order, like the Tinker Construct tools away from each other. This happens with Botaina as well, randomly does it... it seems so odd. If someone needs the mods, I'd post them.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I have a bit of a problem... I randomly get odd effects with different things. One of them I just now had for the first time... Oak Wood Planks had only about 20 odd uses, where Jungle had 50 odd. I shut down MC completely and it seems to of fixed it self :/, another one is that Inventory Tweaks sometimes does odd stuff, for example I had a tool chest, and sometimes when I would middle click (sort) it, it would sometimes randomly put the tools in different order, like the Tinker Construct tools away from each other. This happens with Botaina as well, randomly does it... it seems so odd. If someone needs the mods, I'd post them.
If you're playing in 1.7.10, it might be because Inventory Tweaks is trying to sort based on item IDs, still. As I experienced with another mod, those IDs change regularly

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
If you're playing in 1.7.10, it might be because Inventory Tweaks is trying to sort based on item IDs, still. As I experienced with another mod, those IDs change regularly
That's good to know, but what about randomly not being able to craft some stuff out of Oak, but can with Jungle? I said that I had Oak Planks not to be turned into Crafting Table / Sticks, and a lot more, but when I did a restart of MC that was fixed. Any ideas what that was from?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
In thaumcraft 4.2 , are mana beans still farmable?

Edit: Just tried it, nope.

How do you guys make thaumcrafts infusion crafting less of an annoyance? Its fun the first playthrough but everything after that I find its just tedious. Still cool looking though.
Are you talking about reducing instability, or do you want to automate as much of it as possible?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Are you talking about reducing instability, or do you want to automate as much of it as possible?

Just automate it as much as possible. I really liked automating mana bean production.

Ohh is there an item that allows you to turn base essentia into more complex forms? That could be a really neat way to automate stuff.