Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
I guess there would be no harm going into creative mode, just to see if platinum ore is there. If it is not, then you will probably have to go into the config and enable it/change ID from 0, or something like that... I have never really messed with any of Reikas mods :p
The ID is set to 432, as I said in my last post. Anyway it shows in the crative inventory, so thanks for that. I'm still weirded out though, I just downloaded your Machicraft pack and the ores definitely do show in NEI.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The ID is set to 432, as I said in my last post. Anyway it shows in the crative inventory, so thanks for that. I'm still weirded out though, I just downloaded your Machicraft pack and the ores definitely do show in NEI.
But Machicraft is 1.7.10 and Monster is 1.6.4, so there may have been a change in the configs or how NEI registers stuff (or some sort if wizardry, I dunno) that has caused the change :p

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help again. I put the platinum ore in the cofh worldgen configs and set retrogen to true, but that does not seem to work. I tested it on a creative world I generated before changing the config, then restarted minecraft and put down a massive QuarryPlus, and it did not dig up a single piece of platinum from over 64 chunks. I then moved out quite a distance to generate some new land, and this time it did, so clearly the retrogen is not working. Is there anything else I need to do to get it to work?

Last edited:

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
In my couple attempts to use it, retrogen is a pretty hit and miss function. Whenever I add new ores I generate new chunks. Or a shiny new mystcraft age.

Edit: favorite part of a mystcraft age. don't care how bad I mess up the terrain :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It's good, especially for making stuff like pistons, or anything that requires something that gets damaged, like plates from IC2, or something

Darkrain

Jul 29, 2019
Q: In railcraft, how often do you need to put a HS booster track to keep a manned cart at full speed when moving in a straight line (not up- or downhill) on H.S. tracks? Google didn't really help me :(

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Question, when making sulfur with mekanism is the chemical injection chamber supposed to use up the salt? Mine is not using up the salt.

Edit: derp I made a mistake apparently salt actually makes hydrogen chloride in a simple way but with the setup I use it is actually not needed :p